Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 186398 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 1, 15/15
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2011, 11:14:52 pm »

To clarify, Zrk2 COULD NOT have hammered in any case - he was already one of the people listed as voting for SirBayer.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2011, 02:23:17 am »

Actually the only vote I had placed out of the two or three it said I had was on SirBayer, so now we only need one to hammer.

And I think lynching SirBayer now would just end the day sooner, it seems pretty obvious who we're lynching, but mroe time means more discussion, means better odds for town.

"It's pretty obvious who we're lynching."

What. Presumptuous a little?

And so you jumped on because I was being lynched? Isn't that... bandwagoning?

Extension por favor.

Again, Org hasn't been this herpderpdoubledownsderp for a while, apparently. But yes, remember BYOR Panda. Baybay, Org being Org is often not going to lynch him.

I don't remember anything. Refresh my memory?

Contributing is relative, with Org.

Okay, let's say you're Org. You just start herping and derping and everyone votes for you. Hooray, you're a jester, you're winning!

But then someone starts defending you. Oh no, this isn't good! But it's okay, they'll just lynch him first and you'll be next. That's fine!

But oh no, he's winning! So now you have to do something. Switch tactics, roll another way.

Scum wouldn't do it that way. SK wouldn't do that way. Anyone who didn't want to be lynched would've switched tactics when they saw they were being threatened. A townie might do it, but as someone pointed out to me I was wrong, Org actually contributes these days (I'm still in shock). So my initial arguments were BS, but now we find we have something out of them anyway.

That's a tangent, though. DO you get my point now?
We're talking about a player whose whole strategy revolves around RiA. You can't say "Nobody would do this unless they wanted to be lynched" while pointing out that Org is always spamming "herp derp derp derp" instead of defending himself or scumhunting, because nobody would do that either. Your non-PM evidence that he's a jester is directly opposed to your evidence that we shouldn't lynch him.

Why do you insist on insisting on RiA? I smell a bunch of WIFOM I don't want to see here.

And to actually address your argument: You have a fine point, but again, I can't just assume Refuge in Audacity. It's risky, it's WIFOM-filled, and it's wrong. And as you may have noticed, I admitted already that my early arguments for Org's protection were wrong. I hadn't played recently enough. I did it wrong. It was wrong. But it opened up some interesting other threads.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2011, 02:54:09 am »

Edit: Yes, you now have to even say "Unvote nobody, vote X" from now on.
All votes must be in the form of Unvote _, Vote _" or I will ignore them from here out.

No. Screw you. I am willing to "unvote X", X being someone I've voted before, sure, but "unvote nobody" just to tickle your sloth? No way. In fact, I insist that any mod worth his salt must be able to endure the hardship of an "unvote" with no target specified... OHMYLACKOFGOD!! WhoTHEFUCKIsHeUnvotinG!?!?!? How am I supposed to KNWO!!!!

Just note that this player is not currently voting anyone. If your OhSoExtremelyClever current game has provisions about who and how votes who and how how many times or whatnot, then fucking DEAL WITH IT. If I unvote (blank), it means I'm not voting. Figure it out, or fail as a mod. Or modkill me. Go ahead, I'm right here. Shoot. Vengekill me. I fucking dare you.

I Unvoted SirBayer earlier. There's a bunch of posts I need to reply to in detail and whatnot, and points not connected to my next paragraph, but briefly: SirBayer: So, "don't vote Org because he's Org", then "don't vote Org because I know better", and finally "don't vote Org because he's a Jester"? Jester is the best fakeclaim for scum, since it basically means "don't lynch me." But Org didn't claim it, you claimed it for him. Then he denied it just in time. Your only point in the entire game has been "don't lynch Org". I think we should hang either Org or you, just to see what is behind your desperate defence. I'm willing to bet one of you two is either scum, an allied third party, or otherwise connected.

However, just to screw with Pandar:

Unvote Pandarsenic.
Vote Vector.
Unvote Palpatine.
Vote Org
Unvote YoMamma.
Vote DarthVader
Unvote.
Unvote Elmo.
Vote SirBayer.
Vote Org.

Mod: Votecount, please.

Unvote Org.
Vote.
Unvote RedWarrior0.
Unvote webadict.
Vote SirBayer.

Mod: Another votecount, please.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2011, 03:04:51 am »

Unvote Pandarsenic.
Vote Vector.
Unvote Palpatine.
Vote Org
Unvote YoMamma.
Vote DarthVader
Unvote.
Unvote Elmo.
Vote SirBayer.
Vote Org.

Mod: Votecount, please.

Unvote Org.
Vote.
Unvote RedWarrior0.
Unvote webadict.
Vote SirBayer.

Mod: Another votecount, please.

No.

Edit: Or if you prefer, "No, and stop being a dick."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:11:21 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2011, 03:12:55 am »

Mod: votecount, please.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2011, 03:48:23 am »

At Book's insistence, I'm returning to only requiring that you place a generic unvote tag with your votes when you vote. However, to simplify my job, from here out if you attempt to place more votes than you have too many times I'll revoke your ability to vote until you seem appropriately apologetic. <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2011, 03:49:12 am »

Mod: votecount, please.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2011, 03:55:01 am »

Nothing has changed since the last one, but if you really like I can add you voting yourself for the invalid vote attempt like with Ottofar.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2011, 03:58:24 am »

Unvote. Vote Book.

Mod: votecount please.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2011, 04:02:02 am »

Votes:
SirBayer - 4 - Zrk2 Darvi Mr.Person Org
Darvi - 0
Leafsnail - 0
Ottofar - 1 - Argembarger
Argembarger - 0
Zrk2 - 3 - Leafsnail Ottofar IronyOwl
lordnincompoop - 0
Book - 1 - Book
Jack A T - 0
Org - 1 - NativeForeigner
Jokerman-EXE - 0
Toaster - 0
IronyOwl - 1 - Toaster
NativeForeigner - 0
Mr.Person - 3 - SirBayer JokermanEXE Jack_A_T

Satisfactory?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2011, 04:06:32 am »

Yes, thank you. Unvote Book. Vote SirBayer, for reasons above.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2011, 04:11:58 am »

Votes:
SirBayer - 5 - Zrk2 Darvi Mr.Person Org Book
Darvi - 0
Leafsnail - 0
Ottofar - 1 - Argembarger
Argembarger - 0
Zrk2 - 3 - Leafsnail Ottofar IronyOwl
lordnincompoop - 0
Book - 0
Jack A T - 0
Org - 1 - NativeForeigner
Jokerman-EXE - 0
Toaster - 0
IronyOwl - 1 - Toaster
NativeForeigner - 0
Mr.Person - 3 - SirBayer JokermanEXE Jack_A_T

Time to sleep, then tomorrow I have classes. Deadline is in about 15 hours. Don't expect another votecount between now and then.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2011, 09:48:29 am »

Native:

Bayer: I'm getting a bit of a town vibe from Bayer. I don't think he'd be dumb enough to blatantly defend Org if he was scumbuddies with Org. I think he's only doing so because he feels the same way as Jokerman, and that doesn't necessarily make him scum just because I disagree with that.

I find Bayer questionable because I don't know his meta, but I've seen Jokerman say the exact same things about Org when he was town. He just never really approves of an Org lynch.

I find these two statements contradictory.  Can you reconcile them, please?

Bayer:

Friendly Neighbor

One more question- at what point in the game did you receive that message?

Anyway, it's time to Unvote Irony and Vote Org.  I smell some sort of bizarre scum fake claim ability.  He's scum, and I want to see him hang.  Reasoning here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2011, 12:04:02 pm »

I Unvoted SirBayer earlier. There's a bunch of posts I need to reply to in detail and whatnot, and points not connected to my next paragraph, but briefly: SirBayer: So, "don't vote Org because he's Org", then "don't vote Org because I know better", and finally "don't vote Org because he's a Jester"? Jester is the best fakeclaim for scum, since it basically means "don't lynch me." But Org didn't claim it, you claimed it for him. Then he denied it just in time. Your only point in the entire game has been "don't lynch Org". I think we should hang either Org or you, just to see what is behind your desperate defence. I'm willing to bet one of you two is either scum, an allied third party, or otherwise connected.

So, er. My arguments against Mr. Person don't count? For anything? Or any of the other discussion I've made? Nothing I've said about people other than Org counts for anything?

Extension requests here!
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2011, 12:15:08 pm »

Bayer:

One more question- at what point in the game did you receive that message?

(IE the "Org is a Jester" message)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 74