Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88145 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #975 on: April 12, 2012, 06:54:46 am »

Float to the side, hoping not to be attacked.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:56 am »

I'm going to join after this. Just a small question: Will it be okay for me to be a Dark Elf? I would basically be good with wood and nature, and quite smart, but weak physically. My mind would be strong as well.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:48 pm »

wait, a dungeon keeper RPG with NO HELLHOUNDS!?

I loved those two headed dogs! they urinated on corpses and ran over lava! (I remember them being described as a fly on steroids)
i sould sig this
ansontan it sould be fine just stick your character sheet on the dungeon keeper Q&A thread
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 14, 2012, 03:52:03 am »

...Bad guys turn
Kass twirls and underhand grips her spear to be thrown, aiming it over her shoulder in a dramatic pose.

(elsewhere downstairs) Bernard sees a moving glow of light ahead, reflecting his way off the dark stone walls through these twisty rough hewn corridors. does he continue or turn back? He figures the catperson he persues has light magic, perhaps a vial of elendil or the like.

Micelus floats away! he leaves the area completely, Mirans potions sitting undisturbed behind him.

Rahal drags himself to a stop, just before the wooden bridge to the south, he shudders in shock as he rolls onto his back and looks at the state of his remains. His head throbs but he hasnt fainted yet. He suffers a broken hip, 3 bolt wounds and burns, he is still on fire.

Shigon charges after the centaur as he retreats, Shigon attempts a tackle! He collides with the Centaur and his shield, but his strength is no match, and Shigons off center attack  is deflected away... he lands in a pile on the ground!

Mirran explodes out of the darkness, and the goliath swings both whips at the first target of opportunity presented to him. But mirrans stealth brought her close enough, too close for the whips effective range, and she is upon him.The Goliath tries to dodge, but is too wounded and can only manage a stumble. Mirran pounces and grapples the Goliath. "AAAAH They got me!" With hands around his head and legs about the waist she bites as hard as she is able. His muscles are dense, but the tips of mirans fangs reach a gushing torrent of blood. The goliath quivers and his legs give out, paralysed. he falls backwards, miran still attatched and wholey focused on her attack, forsaking all defences.

invaders

Dwarf Tinker activates a flare! It flashes brilliantly at first, dazzling the unprepared. But The east end of the room is illuminated, miran included. Miran is dazzled by the bright light. The dwarf drops the flare and regrips his crossbow. pointing it at miran through gritted teeth.

Centaur Squire rears up with his weapon held overhead, he comes down with a thunderous echoing crash, down on prone Shigon. Shigon tries to roll, but dodging is nearly useless while prone, and he girds himself before having his spine rearanged by steel shod hooves. Shigons tough hide cushions the blow and shigon is relieved to still be able to move. THe centaur follows through with a downward swing of his innanimate carbon rod, forsaking all defences. The strike lands straight on the noggin, delivering a resounding concussion and knocking Shigon unconcious KO.

Kass the catdemonperson, throws the spear with her one good arm at the vulnerable Centaur, but for all her spear training neglected to train throwing it enough, and misses. Kass flees

Miran sucks some life out of the helpless goliath. it turns visibly paler and its eyes roll back into its head. she recovered from being dazzled

Ragnar is dragged away by a freindly dungeon imp after it bypasses the flaming Rahal.

Invaders Turn

Centaur "Its one of the undead! aim for the head! knocks it loose! Save Athok!" The Centaur desperatley runs over to Mirran, nearly knocking his dwarven ally over and brutally wails on mirran as she feeds, forsaking all defences, One blow strikes her head and the other two clumsily land on her upper body. The centaur grows visibly fatigued by the end of this exertion. The first blow splits her head open like a melon, Miran recoils and shreiks viciously covered in blood, The second blow is dodged and the third is also dodged, she rolls and ends in a three point crouched stance with fangs bared.

Dwarf Tinker "Your all gonna pay!!!" He rechambers his mechanical crossbow and unleashes as many bolts as he can... which is just one for now.. Mirran is struck by an ingeniously scythed bolt! Her hand is shredded to ribbons!

Athok the goliath: "I.....healing....."

Mirran, outnumbered and illuminated by the overpowering flare, flees while she still can.

Rahal goes out, not wearing enough clothing to sustain the flames for too long.

END COMBAT
The centaur hauls the goliath away on his back "We have to go NOW", the dwarf fires a bolt at Miran as she flees and one into Shigon before he starts to reload "They will all PAAAAAY! Let me reload!  BURN THE BODIES!".

The centaur drags the dwarf off too the dwarf screaming "You havent heard the last of Oddom Beardhammer!"

(elsewhere, downstairs) Bernard sneaks forward suspiciously but hides when he heards sounds coming behind him. After they pass by through one of the many irregular roughly hewn corridors down here he makes a run for it and returns to base, a sinister feeling of being hunted upon him, he runs faster.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 14, 2012, 04:52:54 am »

Wounded and cautious, Miran does not pursue the invaders. Instead, she rushes from fallen ally to fallen ally to see who is in risk of dying from their wounds. As far as she knows, she has still two doses of healing dust back near her coffin, which she can portion out to the injured - if she has time to get back there and grab it. If she figures someone is going to die before that - well, she only has one working hand right now, so applying bandages is a no-go. Fortunately, the room also contains fire, so she could quickly pick up a stick, set it aflame, and cauterise such a lethal injury with it before going to grab the medicine.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 14, 2012, 04:58:40 am »

"Ok... i dont know what you think but im covering this place in Rune-traps as soon i know i wont snap my hip,"
"Any objections to that?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 14, 2012, 05:14:02 am »

Miran nods. "We need more defences, that's for certain. We also need to get everyone healed up and back on their feet as fast as possible. While they are resting, they aren't working, costing the fortification effort many hours of work. It would be great if some of you could speed up me making more healing dust to fix this by providing me with the necessary ingredients. Micelus, can you turn random minerals into alchemical-purity other ones?"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 14, 2012, 05:24:13 am »

Ragnar is given healing powder and lays on the healing runes in bed ( -1 healing powder)

Rahal is given healing powder preventing him from dying (-1 healing powder)

Shigon will make it he is not too badly injured, he has ridiculously thick skin. he recovers from KO within an hour.

Kass is bandaged, her arm will take time to heal.

Miran returns Raargh to his coffin, and fills it with cougar and wolverine blood, He will recover in 8 hours. As for herself, she can suck the dead ork dry and heal, or ration it for daily use and heal slowly. Much blood was spilled.

Bernard works his first aid skills in the common room and carefully removes the ingeniously scythed bolts from the injured. "Who would make such a thing?" "The dwarves..." "Those Bastards" he discards them into a bucket. (-6 bandages)

Miran nods. "We need more defences, that's for certain. We also need to get everyone healed up and back on their feet as fast as possible. While they are resting, they aren't working, costing the fortification effort many hours of work. It would be great if some of you could speed up me making more healing dust to fix this by providing me with the necessary ingredients. Micelus, can you turn random minerals into alchemical-purity other ones?"

Kass: "I will assist Rahal, I too am an enchanter, we should progress nearly twice as quickly"

HP's as of the start of Day 21
Miran 7/10 crippled right hand Has drained the dead ork dry, regenerating her wounds. Her ribs are still sore though, and makes an unhealthy clicking sound
Rahal -4/13
Shigon 3/10 Concussed
Ragnar -2/13
Kass 7/12 crippled left arm
Raargh 1/15

Elsewhere...

The portal sputters to life, and ejects an unnamed fierce black minotaur! he lands on both hooves and looks left and right, snorting. (this is you ansontan2000Killerhellhound)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:52:47 pm by Hastur »

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 14, 2012, 05:46:48 am »

Miran decides to eat the orc right now, since she needs to be in good shape for her alchemy work - her hand will only fix itself once she is at full health.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:54:02 am by Rask »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 14, 2012, 07:37:52 pm »

i was the minotaur :(
ansontan2000 wanted to be a dark elf

my action (i am a minotaur :)))
Swimming to shore after swearing about idiots that placed the portal above a river I walked through the fortress and looked at what had been made. I found some copper and tin and a dwarven forge and smelter unused no burn marks then seeing the bedroom (wtf) a giant web in one corner a puddle underneath one of the beds and a coffin with a Minotaur inside and a massive bow deciding he didn’t need it now I took it. A bit Weirder then the last place I was at. I decided to get to what I knew and summands some fire in to the smelter then made some bronze and made a breastplate for that wounded dwarf I was using his forge so I might as well pay for it.
make some bronze
Make a dwarf sized breastplate
Sleep in one of the not puddled beds

edit wasnt the portel in the middle of a river or am i badass  8)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:14:59 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 15, 2012, 01:16:46 am »

bump + i need a good name for my charater  :-\ any ideas ???
My Sig

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 15, 2012, 01:52:17 am »

Miran takes a quick swim in the river to wash off all the blood and grime from the battle, not to mention the plant syrup and pebbles still stuck to her from her previous crazy idea. Then, she calls the others to the bedroom for the after-action report.

“Everyone, our performance in the recent battle was a disaster, but there are some very simple steps we can take to make the next one go much smoother. First, when you spot intruders, shout loudly to alert the others and run away! I repeat, because I can't stress this enough, don't run toward the enemies on your own so they can pick you off one by one before help can arrive! It's stupid and prevents your allies from preparing themselves properly, because they have to hurry to try and save your dumb ass!”

The vampiress pauses to catch her breath, which she doesn't need to, but which makes the living more comfortable.
“As a corollary, if some idiot still charges suicidally on sight despite what I have said, don't run to save him. He probably didn't want to live anyway, and your own chances are better if you stay with the group. Now, what should you do instead? Well, I'm glad you were about to ask. You run away, shouting loudly, and meet up with the others. Then, as a well-prepared group, we pick a spot in which we can take on the enemy together. This also gives us time to do helpful little things such as coating our weapons in poison, putting on armour, or handing healing dust to everyone for use in the battle. Little things that, you know, will actually help us win decisively. And now excuse me, I have to go prepare more medicine to get everyone patched up.” 

Shift 1,2,3: Make healing dust

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 15, 2012, 02:03:38 am »

what she said
and who wants armor because no armor means you are going to die fast even lether armor is better then cloth and can be studded or plated with metal. Now dwarf i will make you some armor because its your blacksmith but we need some better metals and ferthor mo- wth is that a floating skull !! (after hearing what he was and his powers ) ok make make some iron and and l can make better wepoens and armor for all
My Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 15, 2012, 02:23:03 am »

Shift 1: Sleeeeep

Shift 2: Resummon Imp (we decided I could do that, didn't we?), or summon a new fiery one

Shift 3: Smooth walls and floors in new study with imp
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 15, 2012, 03:03:02 am »

Miran's head appears in the doorframe again as she peeks in. "Also, doors. We need some. Not only is it draughty, but a nice, thick, stone entrance door - possibly turned into iron by Micelus - will also keep the invaders out for a time when locked."
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 82