Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 87992 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #390 on: March 29, 2011, 08:31:34 pm »

Fights over. Go back to necoroing.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 29, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 30, 2011, 01:20:08 am »

The treehome was nearly complete, for now however, the Sprite's workshop senses were tingling and he departed on a epic journey to find it. He scaled down cliffs. He jumped across vast pits. But finally he found the workshop. There he continued with his research on the plump helmet. But alas, when he wanted to return to the original cave to plant the plump helmets, he realized that he couldn't climb back up the cliff. Well, that was stupid. But one must not dwell on past mistakes but rather work to overcome them! As such he set about growing some vinelike plants up the cliff face so that he could climb up and down it much easier. Before he started growing a vine ladder though, he reaslized there was a ladder nearby he could use. Huh. As such he continued to a small spat with Sly and Rahal over the loot. During the fighting he had neared the Toad room, so he decided to befriend the plants in there and study the room while he was nearby. After that he could finish his treehome, clean up the workshop a bit and continue research on plump helmet that are sentient.

1. Befriend the plants in the Toad room using Plant Ken+Druidry+Charisma. Also study the Toad room to find out what it is exactly.
2. Clean the workshop up. Search to workshop for vessels and containers suitable for growing plump helmet in(possibly the buckets if they survived?), fill them with earth and plant the plump helmets in the workshop and then continue researching sentification of plump helmets there.
3. Complete treehome, using yaddayadda(Unless stated otherwise assume I use fastgrow, plant ken and terrible growth).

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 30, 2011, 04:39:13 am »

1help mining
2help searching for gems
3 try to find path to  aboveground
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 30, 2011, 11:54:53 am »

Sly, still not understanding what had happened, and why the sprite had quickly attacked him, blew up the lab and then ran out under the door, picked himself up and dusted himself off. After making a quick inventory of what was destroyed he...

(I don't really have a action until that is done, I hope this half turn is enough for now.)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 30, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »

Shigon feels the blast from his position mining. He runs to the workshop to see what is going on, but it will be a while.
Mirian, the vampire, heads to the workshop also, but she is just as far away. They run together.
Furtuka jumps up ready for battle, but shrugs and sits back down.

BATTLE CONTINUES...
The sprite casts entangle again and starts getting up, catching Rahal and Sly in the new area effect.
a new vine sprouts, and one catches Sly by the left leg.
The 3 new vines at Rahals feet attempt to entwine him. he is entwined twice, by the face and skull.
Sly attempts to tear off  the two vines gripping him, but only suceeeds at one. He dives under the singed remains of the nearby door, still hanging on the doorframe. But the remaining vine keeps him back.
Rahal invokes the name of the blood god and goes berzerk! He swings the axe around like a madman, swinging trice, lopping off 2 vines nearby.
Sly is freed from the vines!

The room continues to burn! The smoking barrel of perfumed oil combusts, bursting its sides with an enourmous fireball that spreads along the cieling and the radiant heat sears anyone still in the room. The rest of the oild spills along the floor, running fire along the ground, nearly 1/4 of the entire room. the items lying on the floor and in the corners now catch fire, the flaming oil spreads dangerously close to the barrel of moonshine, and the sounds of popping glass bottles can be heard.
Fireball sears and blackens  Rahals thick hide, dealing 0 damage due to his incredible toughness.
shrapnel wizzes across the room, striking Rahal twice, twisted metal piercing his tough flesh for meagre damage.

Sprite gets up and runs across the wooden bridge to the apparent safety of the plant room that the toad statue is in.
Vines are engulfed in flame
Sly gets up and dusts himself off, the flames from the previous room lick at his heels, and he kicks off the severed vine that still grasps his ankle weakly. he calls out into the darkness "Just give me the hat, Sprite! and I'll call it even!"
Rahal rages on, snapping out of his berzerk state takes more will than he can muster. he slashes the surrounding flaming vines, but the ones on his face are too close to swing an axe at.
The fire burns away some tables legs, and the remaining bookcases. Their contents flo out onto the burning ground and crashing flasks can be heard. The oil spill reaches the barrel of moonshine and begins to smoke. The room begins to grow hazy as smoke fills the room, the alchemical fumes paw at Rahals constitution, threatening to bring him down.

Rahal tries to snap out of the berzerk state, and comes back to his senses. His vision is clouded and he looks for an exit but he is encircled. he tear the vines around his face out by the roots.
The workshop fire incinerates Rahal, his flesh peels back and the rocky granules of his hide crack. Dealing light damage.
The smoke chokes Rahals lungs, He begins to hack and cough, but his constitution limits the damage
The alchemical fumes, addle his brain. But Rahal maintains his wits about him.
The Moonshine barrel explodes. A fiery blastwave rocks Rahal off his feet, the enclosed space amplifying the damage. He recieves a moderate injury and is riddles with shrapnel
Shrapnel fails to penetrate rahals stonelike skin.
Thunderstone explodes, the shock deafens and the flash blinds rahal. Stunning him.

Rahal is hurled to the flaming ground by an exploding barrel of alcohol. Shrapnel protruding form his side, He catches glimpse of the exit from his low vantage point but a thunderclap deafens his senses and he rolls about on the ground stunned.
Mirrian and Shigon reach the workshop. standing in the alcove outside the workshop, with an overflowing Treasury chest lying to the north
Shigon hurls open the door to retrieve his precious items. He runs inside and searches through the smoke for the perishables. He nearly trips over them and he grabs them and rushes out, leaving Rahal.
Backdraft buffets shigon with flame. Shigon takes no damage.

actions?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 30, 2011, 09:38:37 pm »

I DO HELPFUL THINGS
It's FEF, not FEOF

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 30, 2011, 09:45:32 pm »

Congratz, your infighting just destroyed your loot. Hope you guys are happy now.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 30, 2011, 09:48:12 pm »

1.Research Necromancy

2.Try to learn normal magic

3. Raise bat

I wish to change this by the way
It's FEF, not FEOF

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 30, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »

1: Sigh at unnessary loss of life.

Real 1: Mine for gemstones.

2: If gemstones found, mine out an octagonal room in the vein of gemstones, if not, mine for more gemstones.

3: Repeat 2

I want to change mine as well seeing as we've apparently been just sitting around the whole fight.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 30, 2011, 10:09:54 pm »

A turn is three eight hour chunks, the fight took seconds.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 30, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »

Shigon quickly stashed the precious knowledge nearby, but not so close that it might still be damaged. He then charged back into the room, intent on saving his less flame-resistant allies. He hissed like an angry alligator as he did so, fully aware that whoever was in there had probably been responsible for this mess, but resolved to deal with that once they weren't on fire anymore.

Put stuff nearby, rush back in, grab some more stuff (if possible) and pull allies out of there. Preference for allies who are more injured or likely to become more injured soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 30, 2011, 11:10:30 pm »

All shifts I spend LEARNING NECROMANCY !!!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 31, 2011, 12:42:09 am »

well.....get out of the room and goddammit i said this would happen
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 31, 2011, 04:25:58 am »

Miran averts her gaze from the raging inferno, unable to see into the fire's blinding glare. Her nose, however, picks up the scents of various familiar fumes. She backs away even as the giant lizard walks into the flaming room, and puts her coffin between herself and the door. At least, being dripping wet might prove useful at this point.

"Watch out! It smells like explosives and poisonous fumes in there!" she shouts after the reptile. Not that she is worried about the poison herself. There is, however, nothing she can do about the situation, since she would be blind in the burning room. "I'll need to see if someone can make me tinted glasses," she mutters to herself as she walks away from the disaster area and back to the portal cave. She prods at various plants, lichen, and growths as she goes. Her coffin fills with a few interesting-looking rocks from the rubble, which she suspects may contain minerals useful for her art. The slender undead pauses as she notices a particularly vile-smelling woodlouse and squishes it underfoot, then examines the remains. Useless, she decides, but perhaps there is vermin with more useful glands around?

As the blonde vampire arrives at the river's shore, she gives the surface a speculative glance. "Might as well while I'm already wet," she decides, drops her burden, and dives into the water to survey the riverbed for more ingredients.

Shift 1: look for alchemy ingredients in the cavern and at the bottom of the river. 

Shift 2: if useful ingredients are found, claim a patch of riverbank (or river bottom) and start a herb garden to cultivate them. Find someone more competent to help with this.

Shift 3: put coffin on tiny island in river, arrange some rocks so they'll drop into the river and make a loud splash if something creeps onto the shore, take a nap.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:31:04 am by Rask »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 82