Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88060 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2011, 04:30:33 pm »

Alright, sorry I have been gone for two days. I had to go up north for my sisters birthday but the internet was not working up there.

I am going to read up on the thread real quick.

Ah. Okay nothing has happened yet.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:36:50 pm by Criptfeind »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2011, 04:57:20 pm »

DAY ONE

Scene
In a long forgotten cavern far below the earth, what was once a promising den of evil was scattered to the four winds ages ago. But evil never dies. Now, a lone imp digs a tiny crawlspace through the rubble entombing his new home, working for weeks scratching its way to its destination with nothing more than a tiny hand pick, reaching the occult pillars and jet black obelisks that ring the tear in existence known as a dark portal. His master consumes the last remnants of mana accessible to him, imp and all. just to create a tiny spark of the portal. activating it and annihilating the imp as he fades away in a flurry of magical dust. While only a spark in the realm of the living, the portal is a powerful beacon in the realm of evil known as the Twisting Nether, where creatures fight an eternal war as pawns for various gods and factions. The creatures lucky enough to reach the erratic, pulsating, teleporting beacon are seemingly random, but are now united in opportunity to become as great lords themselves, in this new land full of weaklings and wealth ripe for the taking.

Rargh, a hulking minotaur, hauls himself forth from the depths, breaching the waters and clawing his way onto the muddy banks.
    ....as the portal closes, Rarghs trusty hellwolf leaps through and reaches his side

Shigon, A reptilian Salamander, stomps along the water pools bottom, water waporising off his back, he stands and lets out a mighty roar!

Krik-Click, a sinister avian, glides easily through the water and leaps out onto shore, shedding the remaining droplets of water off his back with a gesture

A nameless sprite floats ashore behind the others.

Furtuka, whose ghoulish waterlogged carcass claws its way along the wall to join the others. It grins wickedly in the gloom.

Rahal, The ponderous gargoyle, makes it way up, breaking the surface dramatically with a mighty wing buffet. Splashing the rest.

Sly, an Incubus with hints of its evil nature, is dragged to shore after grabbing a gargoyles ankle while underwater. he lets go before anyone notices hehe.

They know from past invasions onto into other planes that the inhabitants are always forewarned. Whether by prophesies , oracles, seers, or magical divinements, it is only a matter of time before the the inhabitants notice, if they are not on their way already.

An immediate visual survey reveals a damp cavern, run through by an underground brook. The turbulent waters drain into a fissure to the north. The banks are covered in silt, with scattered spore trees and other unidentified funguses and lichens clinging to life. The area is illuminated very dimly by a clusters of glowmoss clinging to the cieling, casting an erie pale green light. The sounds of a water fall crashing can be heard just past the edge of darkness in the distance, the stench in the air is fecund. Oddly there are some scattered wooden boards stuck in the eddies, among other things.

revealed claimable stock;

hand pick; lying at the water edge
8 units wood; waterlogged and floating in the water.
13 stone; the rubble cave to the south contains many rocks
0 food; though there are vermin, and fish, and maybe edible plants.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Gm on Break, you may declare actions. (i'll post character sheets and starting inventory on the third post when i get back)
once y'all get your bearings i will expect each day that passes to consist of 3 shifts (of 8 hours each).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:38:39 pm by Hastur »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2011, 05:44:02 pm »

1 Explore

2 Explore

3 Clear Rubble
It's FEF, not FEOF

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2011, 05:46:01 pm »

1. Make sure the drainholes are open.
2. Me, and my hellwolf, who will be called Demon, will help clear the rubble.
3. Find a source of mana

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2011, 05:47:35 pm »

Sly grinned wildly, the smile seeming to almost take his ears off. Although this slimy place was not... quite the sumptuous luxury one might hope for, it was a sight better then dieing in some army working for a greater fiend that he did not even like. He looked with slight distaste at his new companions... especially the ghoul. Still, it would be best to work with them for now. One never knows when one will need plenty of meaty warrior types to take a sword blow or eight.

With that thought he set off to explore this new realm. "Let us see what we can see!"

After walking past several distasteful piles of slime he came upon ladder winding up into the dark. Always the curious one he quickly climbed it to see what was beyond.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2011, 06:07:17 pm »

Shigon guffawed at the dank cavern. First things first- they needed food. Turning back towards the water, he began searching for tasty fish to ambush from the shore.

1. Fish

2. Fish

3. Setup fishery/place to prepare fish, clean fish if I collect less fish than Krik; otherwise continue fishing
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:30:11 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2011, 06:18:31 pm »

Back Story
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Krik blinked slowly, clearing water from his eyes. Garbage! Krik-Click was rested in a nest of the finest down, on a bed of ivory feathers...he is reduced to this. There are others. Friend or foe?

@ Ironyowl "Out of way, Lizard-Man! Krik show you how to fish better! Loser clean fish?"

With that Krik takes a short gliding flight, staying just above the waters surface, looking for fish to dive upon...

1. Go fishing
2. Go fishing
3. Help setup fishery with shingon. If Shigon gets more fish than me in all, I'll clean them. Otherwise gather wood
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:42:18 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2011, 06:28:33 pm »

"Agreed, bird-man!"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2011, 10:33:35 pm »

1: Explore
2: Explore
3: Explore

If any living things are found I will change any remaining actions to trying to gain them as a minion. If my natural charisma does not get them I will use Presence to try to change their minds. Failing that I will use Mind leash.

Note to self. Look into breaking the cows mind.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:36:56 pm by Criptfeind »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2011, 11:03:44 pm »

Ooh, what's fire aura do? How powerful is blood imp's shared hp? What does mana do, and what do you mean nether imp "lends" it?

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2011, 11:24:36 pm »

Nevermind, anyone who saw this before I edited it, I just looked back and realized I was wrong.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2011, 11:29:02 pm »

Ooh, what's fire aura do? How powerful is blood imp's shared hp? What does mana do, and what do you mean nether imp "lends" it?

Behind the scenes
MAGICKS

IMPS

you may have one imp under your control. However if you release it, it becomes free to destroy everything in sight. and you can get another one.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:42:12 pm by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2011, 11:32:14 pm »

Neat! Is there a limit to how many imps I can have from my class feature?

rty275: Criptfeind was originally an infernalist, if you're curious.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2011, 11:36:51 pm »

Yeah... I did not want to step on Irony's toes.

Looks like I stepped on yours... Well. Although the names are the same it looks like our ends are not. Ahany (Ahin-hay-ay) way...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2011, 11:42:21 pm »

Blood imp: If you Shigon takes damage, half of it goes to your imp instead, and vice versa.

So when you get half damage from a blood imp, does this half damage then get halved and spread to your other blood imps?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 82