Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88148 times)

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #900 on: November 25, 2011, 06:21:07 pm »

Mirran, hungry, is attracted to the portal by the smell of freshly spilled blood. The vampire quickly drains the avian corpse of blood before looking up and noticing the new arrivals. She blinks, looks at the eldritch abomination, and blinks harder when it became clear that the thing was real. She starts walking back to her work but stops as she spots someone else. Since when did we have a floating skull working here? "That's it, enough weirdness," she decides and heads to her coffin to sleep.
Shift 1: Sleep

"By the way, you guys should all know that there are undead animals in the slime warrens. I saw a dead snake slithering about. Also, if you need a light source, there are two glowsticks in my lab for whoever has a use for them." The vampire then gathers up up her boomerangs and goes to the river cave to train with the weapons. Incidentally, this makes life miserable for any small lifeforms that look as if they were good target practice.
Shift 2: Train Throwing

Figuring that the group needs a way to take down intruders non-lethally, Miran gathers up rotten body parts from the previous victims and boils them in her lab. She mixes the resulting slimy mess with a glue-like paste she created from lichen, producing a weapon coating that causes debilitating pain to its victims.
Shift 3: Make pain vials

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 25, 2011, 06:49:08 pm »

Shigon sighed. With the common room complete, it was definitely time to move on to other projects. More personal ones, preferably.

1. Dig

2. Dig

3. Sleep

Digging Plan: Dig out a 7x7 room for myself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 30, 2011, 08:44:22 pm »

DAY 19 MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shigon continues digging, he is assisted by the imp, dragging loose rock away. His 7x7 room about halfway done (+16 stone) Shigon Sleeps.

Mirran sleeps in her coffin. but not before drinking her fill of dire-turkey blood. Midday she trains throwing, Hurling and fetching throughout the dungeon river area, (+12=76/100) and she ends the day brewing a pair of pain vials in her alchemy workshop, suitable for coating a weapon tip. (+2 pain vials)

Amadaeus the Troll Avatar works secretively...

Bernard the Enchanter takes his bloody blade and begins to enchant it, sitting upon his shoddy chair he imbues his weapon with vampiric properties, with a little help of some stray materials. (Linked-drain one HP)(+Vampiric Cutlass) Finally he researches Mana-burn, Completing and unlocking the ritual. (Mana Burn Enchantment Known) He ends the day drowsy

Kass Duskfur the cat/demon enchanter, prowls about from the portal, familiarizing herself with the area... untill she becomes confident of her new realm. She proceeds to erect a workshop (-1block -1 throne). but she gets in some sleep after the task.

Dragnar the dwarf, sleeps and rests, but finishes by constructing a suitable smelter, the forge will have to wait untill tommorrow it seems.

Rahal the gargoyle sleeps then researches (60/100 force field runes) ...Cackling is heard from the enchanting workshop.

Micelus the floating skull transmographies 4 copper and 4 tin, levitating them over to Dragnar... who puts a 3 corner leather pirate hat onto the skull... (-8rock +4 copper+4 tin

Raargh Studies/reasearches... (64/200 puppetry), he is aided by unseen forces, whispering. Then he equips himself for a hunt, bow in hand, and stumbles across a dire turkey near the portal, how it got here is a mystery.. a thanksgiving miracle maybe? in any case, Raargh drain it of all blood, and stores it in a barrel, keeping some for himself (+2 days blood). But the hunt is still on, and he explores the only unblocked passage to the slime warrens where he travels through the twisting wet tunnels, he finds a toad!, the water becomes almost waist deep but he goes on untill he gets to a narrow opening to a greater illuminated chamber, He finds some albino crawdads!. Raargh passes through to a cavernous expanse, with stalagmites and earthen pillars blocking seemingly every direction, he feels a breeze... but it is about time he gets back... ends the day drowsy. (+4crawdads+1toad)

Nivm, Sprite, Ork, mobling(+16 plump helmets)

MOODS
++++++++sprite +50% research Bonus
+++++mirran
+++dragnar
+++++shigon
----Raargh  -drowsy
---Rahal
Dragnar +relaxed
+++Bernard -drowsy
Kass +relaxed
Amadaeus
Micelus
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:31:35 am by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 09, 2011, 03:28:20 am »

ROOMS, WORKSHOPS & Furniture

STOCKS-6 plump helmets -2 blood

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 09, 2011, 03:49:26 am »

Dragnar smiled at his work, looking over his newly created building. It wasn't the best work he had done, but it filled him with pride nonetheless. Taking a deep breath, he got back to work once more.

Shift 1&2: Build the best damn forge I can, and have the skull transmute stones together and make a iron anvil from a stone one that I carve out.

Shift 3: Sleep.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 09, 2011, 04:29:35 am »

I guess I'll help this dwarf first...

Shift 1-2: Assist Dragnar

Shift 3: Make some bronze
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 09, 2011, 08:51:17 am »

1 sleep
2,3 research

YES,it have substance, now where did i put that scrap metal...
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 09, 2011, 02:23:37 pm »

Shift 1:
In the early morning, Miran collects smooth pebbles along the river, putting them into a rock pot.  In passing, she notices Micelus and observes for a moment what the skull is doing to the forge's building material. Once she has collected enough stones for her purposes, she climbs the ladder to the slime warrens and spends the morning tossing rocks at the slimes, zombies, and whatever else she is certain she can outrun. As usual, the vampire makes sure that she has a clear path of retreat toward the ladder down at all times.
When she has expended her ammunition, she weaves several reeds into a long pole and sticks the  staff through the pot's handles, making good use of the pole's pliability. She checks if she still has the lid of the pot and then sets out to scoop up one of the slimes with her pot-on-a-stick.

Action: train Throwing, hunt slime

Shift 2:
Around midday, the vampiress returns to the main cave, feeling hungry. There is blood readily available, for a change. In a barrel. Miran expects it to go bad rather quickly if kept that way. Perhaps she should mix it with alcohol to preserve it? There was a sizeable pile of otherwise useless plump helmets just sitting there, and many of her co-inhabitants looked as if they could really use a drink. She would be a poor alchemist if she didn't know how to distil things! Arms laden with mushrooms, she hurries toward her shop. She passes the unfinished forge once again and stops to watch as stones grow together under the skulls empty stare. Thinking hard, she continues on her way, and soon the sound of bubbling can be heard from the alchemy workshop.
Action: use blood, pots, and plump helmets to produce blood wine and regular wine.

Shift 3:
Miran yawns and stretches as she walks back to her coffin. She encounters Micelus again, this time while he is turning rocks into metal. Something clicks in her mind (or perhaps she is just high on alcohol fumes). She whirls around and runs back to her workshop, cackling all the while.
(OOC: ignore this part if slime hunt in shift 1 was unsuccessful)
She returns after a moment, bearing a heavy pot whose lid is tied in place with several strong threads. It threatens to jump out of her grip as something angry sloshes about within. She puts the pot down in front of Micelus and looks up at the skull. “You eat life, right? Here, I brought you a meal. Enjoy! Oh, and I might ask you for a favour tomorrow!”
(OOC: end conditional part)
Still cackling, the vampire starts dragging heap after heap of random plants to her workshop. Working like a woman possessed, she mashes and boils the vegetable matter, extracting the liquid within. She collects the substance in pots and heats it to thicken it. Finally, she returns to her coffin and takes out the things she had been stashing within. She pours her syrup into the container, climbs in after it, and immerses herself in the sticky substance. Closing her eyes, she hopes that it will adhere to her skin like a glue-like shell tomorrow. As she drifts off into sleep, the same equation keeps going through her mind. Amber = resin = tree sap = plant juice. The floating skull should have no trouble turning one into the other! She drifts off to sleep, dreaming of a suit of made-to-measure, lightweight, shiny armour!
Action: strange mood go to sleep in a coffin filled with plant syrup.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 09, 2011, 04:44:29 pm »

I need more souls for my minions.

Shift 1-2: Siphon more souls
Shift 3: Sleep under the waterfall.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 09, 2011, 04:56:42 pm »

Rarrgh was feeling tired, and his wits were growing thin, he may not have seemed it to others, but he was smarter than he appeared. Feeling drowsy Rarrgh lifted the coffin lid up, and onto the ground before plopping down inside, and sealing the lid shut for a nice rest.

Shift 2-3: Continue Study of Mana Puppetry
Rarrgh set about his work once again, this was it, this was a weapon that no one had seen before, and he would be the one to make it, and refine it. This was what he wanted, and what he needed to achieve that one goal he had for, so long now. The table was littered with notes, and the book of necromancy stood open infront of him. His hand scrawled runes, symbols, and magical rituals across the little space left on each of those note filled sheets.

When he had been working for nearly an hour an idea came to him, what if he drew a focusing rune on the subject's body he should be able to use that to control the body effectively, and swiftly.

OOC: Firelordsky the waterfall cave is my home.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 09, 2011, 05:00:02 pm »

1: Dig!

2: Dig! Or smooth my new room if digging is complete.

3: Sleep!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 09, 2011, 09:02:52 pm »

Kass awakens on the new day cycle, and gets something to eat, before wandering about, minding her own business, Typical cat.

After Kass feels she's spent enough time, Kass sets to work gathering pieces of stone, to fashion some relatively crude mechanisms, for things she plans on making. Her spear always at her side. She knew these would not be her best, but they would do, for now at lest, chipping stone away with whatever tools she could get, and claws for some of the finer work. Typical Bekuzir demon, strong claws.

Kass works at the mechanisms till she feels tired, and then heads to sleep, always carrying her spear everywhere she goes.

SHIFT 1: Eat / Idle
SHIFT 2: Construct Stone Mechanisms
SHIFT 3: Sleep
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 10, 2011, 10:03:57 pm »

Rarrgh was feeling tired, and his wits were growing thin, he may not have seemed it to others, but he was smarter than he appeared. Feeling drowsy Rarrgh lifted the coffin lid up, and onto the ground before plopping down inside, and sealing the lid shut for a nice rest.

Shift 2-3: Continue Study of Mana Puppetry
Rarrgh set about his work once again, this was it, this was a weapon that no one had seen before, and he would be the one to make it, and refine it. This was what he wanted, and what he needed to achieve that one goal he had for, so long now. The table was littered with notes, and the book of necromancy stood open infront of him. His hand scrawled runes, symbols, and magical rituals across the little space left on each of those note filled sheets.

When he had been working for nearly an hour an idea came to him, what if he drew a focusing rune on the subject's body he should be able to use that to control the body effectively, and swiftly.

OOC: Firelordsky the waterfall cave is my home.
OOC: I meant like directly under it, not in the cave you dummie.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 10, 2011, 10:39:13 pm »

Shift 1: Bernard, apon completing the manaburn enchantment's research, sighed, and cleaned up the various amounts of notes he had on his shoddy table. He felt tired, and so he returned back to his bed, resting, and sleeping. Sleep.

Shift 2,3: Claim silk satchel, work on creating a better workshop. Bernard realizes that his workshop needs to be improved, and so he sets out to work with whatever material's he's got, to help with the function of enchanting, even enchanting the workshop itself just so then enchanting an item would be easier.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 03, 2012, 05:37:43 am »

Day 20

Bernard sleeps before upgrading his workshop, he knows he needs a cabinet and coffers opr other furiture to improve it, so he steals one table from teh unused SCIENCE! workshop, and then builds a cabinet out of rock. It turns out as a hideous misshapen lump with cubbyholes bored into it, but it holds his regents at the ready and within arms reach, so it will do. (moved table, -1 rock +1 Horrendous Cabinet) The enchantery is now easier to work in.

Kass relaxes, her spear always at the ready, before getting to work constructing mechanisms. cranking out a pile of 3 levers, gears and doodads. Then sleeps (-3 rock +3 Mechanism)

Shigon excavates! but his inexperience at mining shows, as he discovereds a cluster of peridot gems too late. they are mostly pulverised but salvages the last few, he gains a pair of pale green transparent peridots, sometimes found in meteors! Having completed his digging he spends the last hour of his shift starting to smooth his completed 7x7 room, before going to bed in the communal hall. the helpful imp smooths the room as shigon sleeps. (+2 peridots 360$ total)

Raargh sleeps, but studies hard upon awakening... CRIT! Suddenly so much dawns on his mind, and he makes a breakthrough. (research progress 150/200)

Amadeus the troll: yo this is the gm, lets talk in the OOC thread, because i would like to know what you think soul siphon does... it needs to be defined.

Mirran collects ammunition and spelunks her way through the slime warrens. Right away her night vision spots one of the undulating green slimes just waiting in ambush on the cavern cieling. It makes no move towards her, and it dawns on her that it only attacks living warm meat matter perhaps? She takes the nearby centipede she stored and lures the slime down sucessfully this time, maybe it is hungrier? nah. By dangling the centipede pot underneath it it ozzes down in a long loogie and drops into the pot on a stick. The centipede is disintegrated, the stick corrodes, but a little jiggling saves the pot from falling off with the end of the stick. She sticks the lid on the clay centipede pot and ties it down. she still has some training to do so shell carry it home on the way back.
     Her training goes well, there are vermin here aplenty, and mirrans slow careful agile movements do not give her away. Some of these animals are surface creatures, it must not be too far to the surface from here. As she ventures further through a narrow chokepoint to a breezy cavern, she sees the cave slope downward where all the water collects into a 10 yard or so pool. there is a light source from above casting a harsh light down into the pool, but between all the stalagmites and pillars she cant make it all out, but a breeze can be distinktly felt. Mirran goes no further as the mud and water becomes almost waist deep, hampering her mobility. (+1 slime in a pot +1 flyingfox +1 olms)
     Next shift she brews... (+11 bloodwine +11tasty wine -11plump helmets) and gives away the slime.
     and then sleeps in a syrup filled coffin

Rahal sleeps and reasearches all out! (76/100)

Micelus transmutes sucessfully the stone anvil into an iron one, then morphs bronze from its component parts. (-8copper -8 tin +16 bronze bricks). brewing something up is harder but it gets done. (-8 plump helmets +8 wine)

Dragnar the dwarf makes a forge. he cobbles stones together into the proper shape, then gets a suitable stone to carve into an anvil. by the time he goes to bed it is already a full forge and anvil setup ready to be stuffed with coal

EVENT!
Those not asleep at midnight hear a faint picking sound coming from the toad-statue room...

ooc: i swear it only takes like 20 minutes to do a turn for me. i need to procrastinate less.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:26:35 am by Hastur »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 82