Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88153 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #885 on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:58 am »

(It appears I'm liked less than the Black Orc; first I'm not placed on the waiting list, then the skull gets in on the day assigned to me, then I don't get in on his day. Now I realize that maybe I'll get in if I post an action despite not getting in.)

At midnight, upon the portal appears a faint darkening, then a diamond shaped sillhouette casting a shadow upon the nearby block of stone, one that moves along the tools then onto the wall. With the shadow comes a sound of whirring, of thrumming, of strumming, and of buzzing. This sound can be heard for a few moments, cyclic and serene, before it is completely overpowered by a terrible noise-- as though sheets of steel were pouring out of the portal and tearing themselves to pieces!-- but all that pours forth is tendils of smoke... Smoke only until they spasm, abruptly in key with the great cacaphony; they rip and tear just like the sound, each new piece stripping more from around. It forms an arm, and then a hand, and then five cores before it comes to stand. Its different parts come into sync as it shifts and splits like living ink. The noise dies down, for it comes to rest, and looks something nearly like its best.
 Where its bits were before glowing by the portal's light, it can be now seen to show its own. When the last few grindings of ear-blender are nothing but a particularily bad memory (or a ringing sound), the "smoke" quite finishes behaving like smoke; there are no errant whisps or fading edges, but streaks in the air that suggest much but never show...like outlines that cannot decide what they want to outline, whether it will be the inside or outside when they do, or even that it should have an inside or an outside. Dispite this, most viewers would, in retrospect, be quite sure they saw too many teeth, claws, and muscles, along with having a strong opinion about the thing's intent being dispationately hostile to all life and good in the world.

Space, the final frontier. It is so interesting to be in space again, where there's distance, and matter, and so much power!
Distance and matter first. This place sounds large.

Step 1: Explore the above and below floors. Instead of examining in a pattern constrained by the matter, it attempts to keep the search area as close to a sphere as its spirit can allow. Since the perpendicular area around is mostly visible, strait up above the portal and strait down below first, then fan out while moving the sphere's center and its spirit out over the water.

Step 2: Learn about communication and the effects of sound. The abomination had learned in the past that these beings communicate with sound, so it learned a great deal about sound. So the next one it meets it gives the most obvious and clearest greeting f(x)=sinx, at a strength great enough for the denizen to feel clearly. Then begins encoding it with additional waves in an attempt to vibrite questions directly into the creature's brain, which is obviously where information goes. =D

Step 3: Crumble lines and planes through the rock as directed by the well-tempered creature named "Shigon" discovered in step two. The abomination can't be sure why all this is being done, but it's completely fascinating to watch the all the shifts of rigidity inside the creature as it moves the freed mass.

Spoiler: Re-typed stats. (click to show/hide)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 19, 2011, 06:45:33 am »

So, I didn't get in after 2 days.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 19, 2011, 07:03:15 am »

Miran, after seeing the skull's transmutation skills, is intrigued about the possibility of getting proper alchemy equipment by turning rock instruments into glass. For now, though, she sneaks up behind the worker imp and puts her hands on its shoulders from behind. "Hold still for a moment," she says and grabs the startled minion before it can react. A quick bite, and she is drinking warm, tasty blood straight from the source. She is very careful to only break the skin with one fang and to not take enough to endanger the imp's life. Once she is sated, she lifts it up and carries it into the healing circle. "Stay there and rest," she instructs, pointing at the bed.

Shift 1:

The vampiress heads up the ladder, stocking her ammo necklace fully with Molotov potions this time. She takes along one of the rock pots , silk thread, and a centipede the size of a mouse that was too slow to get away from her. Once she reaches the slime warrens, she ties the centipede to a little rock and puts both in the pod. Then, she adds a bunch of pea-sized pebbles so the vermin's struggling will make noise. She deposits the pot near the edge of the water, toppling it so the opening faces the muddy pool. She ties the rest of the thread to its top so that it will stand up if she pulls on it. After testing her trap, she primes it again and retreats some distance, lies on the swampy ground, and covers herself with mud. Concealed such, she waits for a slime to take her bait (and makes sure none sneak up on her).

Action:
hunt slime

Shift 2:

After her expedition, Miran takes a bath in the river and goes to the dormitories. She briefly checks on the imp before disappearing into her coffin.
Action: Sleep.

Shift 3:

Multi-coloured fumes waft out of the Alchemy shop, surrounding the vampire with ominous mist as she prepares more of her most desired formula.
Action: make healing dusts

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 19, 2011, 03:14:13 pm »

(It appears I'm liked less than the Black Orc; first I'm not placed on the waiting list, then the skull gets in on the day assigned to me, then I don't get in on his day. Now I realize that maybe I'll get in if I post an action despite not getting in.)

Dats Black Ork you git.
Anyhoo, time to get back to working on the flesh golem.

1.Work on flesh Golem
2.Work on flesh Golem
3. Sleep/Stomping Break
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 19, 2011, 05:08:26 pm »

Shigon continues digging, hoping to acquire a proper workshop. It's occurred to him that the common room is mainly a dorm, which is a shame because it precludes a nice eating area, but he feels that's a project for much later. For now, he needs a place to work... at least until he figures out what defenses they need.

1. Dig

2. Dig

3. Sleep

Continue digging hallway and/or 5x5 workshop.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 20, 2011, 04:17:04 am »

Okay, i would like to know why my line of the waitlist has been crossed out. I have not seen any mention of my possible joining, not even a private message. I wanted to see if i was still on the wait list, and i found my spot crossed out.

I was looking forward to playing as Kass.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 20, 2011, 08:15:29 am »

(It seems like he chooses who comes in next on the basis of who is right here and ready to start playing, rather than on what order in which they asked to join. Of course, in that case the existence of the waitlist is rather misleading.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 24, 2011, 09:54:41 pm »

Day 18.

Rahal sleeps and rests, doing absolutely nothing in particular. He cracks a smile and chuckles to himself, and is cured of his melancholy, but teeters on the edge of madness if his mood deteriorates again. He researches his force field runes. (+mood 40/100 force field rune research)

Raargh sleeps and dreams resfully, renewed and motivated. Rargh conducts further study into his necromantic book. (+mood 44/200 puppetry research)

Micelus the Floating Skull Works nonstop, trance-like converting the elements. (+3 copper +4 Copper +2 Tin -9 stone)

Dragnar the Dwarf Warlord works hurridly, eager to finish his farming tool project. But makes a critical mistake and sets his work back,cracking a rock handle the wrong way. But he redoubles his effort, making up for it and then is struck with inspiration and finishes the tools right up. He ends the day drowsy.
(+80$+120$+CRITICAL= 500/500$ Brittle Rock Farming Tools.)

Bernard Sighs, and rests and sleeps. Determined not to make the same mistake as others. He leisurely eats one of the fine seasoned plump soup and continues on his manaburn enchantment, completing it. He can now ritualy imbue an item with manaburn.

Mirran seizes the worker imp and attempts to drain it of blood. But as a magical conjured creature it has no blood. It is just not a living organism. for the first part of the day Mirran heads up to the slime warrens. She constructs an elaborate trap for a slime and waits patiently, camophlaugeing herself with mud. She waits patiently, and finally after about 3 hours She spots something coming up out of a muddly pool in the dim light. But it is just a Skeletal Boa. Still, this demands something be done and she retreats, yanking hte noisemakign insect up to dangle in safety in her trap. No slimes were attracted by her or the insect noisemaker. Perhaps she lacks what the Slime seeks?
She checks on the imp. it is passed out facedown on the bed in the healing circle, its ok. She sleeps and finishes the day off with some healing dusts, with so many alchemy materials at her disposal she quickly makes (+6 Healing dusts -320$ alchemy materials )

Shigon digs, digs, and sleeps. (+20 stone)

Others: Ork, Sly, Sprite, Mobling. Sly turns to goop, leaving only his lucky headband behind, and a stained bed. others work (+24 plump helmets)

STOCKS -8 food (no blood left in stockpile)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ROOMS, WORKSHOPS & Furniture
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MOODS & STATUS
++++++++sprite +50% research Bonus
++++++mirran -Hungry
++++dragnar -Drowsy
+++++shigon
---Raargh -Hungry
+++Sly afflicted by something
-----Rahal +Well Rested
+Bernard +Well Rested +Fine Food

The Portal Flickers to life once more, erupting forth in a frenzy of flapping winds is a Dire Turkey, with a hooked beak and wicked talons, it staggers towards Dragnars Mason Workshop and drops to the ground, having been stabbed from behind by a catlike demon named Kass, it holds a sparking spear that sparks with sparkly electrical sparks. Following behind the catlike demon is a troll (named Amadaeus or something) He opens his mouth to speak, but the portal starts doign something again... (+1 dire turkey corpse)

...upon the portal appears a faint darkening, then a diamond shaped sillhouette casting a shadow upon the nearby block of stone, one that moves along the tools then onto the wall. With the shadow comes a sound of whirring, of thrumming, of strumming, and of buzzing. This sound can be heard for a few moments, cyclic and serene, before it is completely overpowered by a terrible noise-- as though sheets of steel were pouring out of the portal and tearing themselves to pieces!-- but all that pours forth is tendils of smoke... Smoke only until they spasm, abruptly in key with the great cacaphony; they rip and tear just like the sound, each new piece stripping more from around. It forms an arm, and then a hand, and then five cores before it comes to stand. Its different parts come into sync as it shifts and splits like living ink. The noise dies down, for it comes to rest, and looks something nearly like its best.
 Where its bits were before glowing by the portal's light, it can be now seen to show its own. When the last few grindings of ear-blender are nothing but a particularily bad memory (or a ringing sound), the "smoke" quite finishes behaving like smoke; there are no errant whisps or fading edges, but streaks in the air that suggest much but never show...like outlines that cannot decide what they want to outline, whether it will be the inside or outside when they do, or even that it should have an inside or an outside. Dispite this, most viewers would, in retrospect, be quite sure they saw too many teeth, claws, and muscles, along with having a strong opinion about the thing's intent being dispationately hostile to all life and good in the world.

it begins intruding on nearby minds with a jumble of thoughts and expressions.
(+Amadaeus Septimus Dankakes the Troll Avatar
+Kass Duskfur the Bezukir Enchanter
+Nivm the Thing From Beyond)/i]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:20:02 pm by Hastur »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 24, 2011, 10:58:00 pm »

Shift 1 - 2: Continue Puppetry Research
Rarrgh set to his work with papers strewn across the floor, filled with notes of a new dark art in the making, and with a book in the center. He read furiously setting upon his work with a such an obsessive manner as if something had possessed him. His hand flicked out here, and there, and new notes began to take shape. Rarrgh's work found many flaws in his first theory that few would have even thought. The mana threads had to be thick, and strong, so as not to snap, and sever the link; the power given to the puppet had to sufficent enough to fill the entire body with life energy, but if given to much the sheer volume would shred its host; and the final flaw was if the power were ever to be unleashed suddenly, say by the puppet being destroyed by pure mana, then the infused mana puppet would unleash all its power back into the user, and damage him greatly from the sudden rush of energy if no medium is close by to absorb it in the user's place.

Shift 3: Hunt
Rarrgh grabbed his bows, and what arrows he could carry while still retaining the ability to use his Might Bow before setting out on a hunt. He went looking for any creature that contained blood, and was not his ally. He would slay the beast, and return bringing it to keep him, and Mirran alive, so that they may fight on. He knew the blood was required, but he knew not the reason he craved it, required it to live, and that fact confused him beyond any other. Maybe one day he would understand, but until then he would strive to learn teh reason the blood was required for his existence.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 25, 2011, 12:38:27 am »

Ah good, with these materials, I can begin construction of a shell to inhabit...It might take a while, but it might just work...

Shift 1: Create more tin and copper
Micelus continues with creating the materials of copper and tin from the surrounding rock, never stopping for a rest; why would a skull need rest anyway? He focused his magical mind onto the rather useless stones and changed their structure and form. Eventually they began to morph. First they changed shape, then they changed colour, and finally they were changed completely. Morphed rather well, he thought. Tin and copper.

Shift 2: Devour the remaining life-force of the corpses.

Suddenly, Micelus heard the sound of flesh being rended. He left the crafting tables and searched for the source. He found them. Seems that his compatriots have decided to explode. How curious...Certainly something that should be studied. By a scholar anyway, the skull was only interested in the life-force right now. And so, he devoured what was left of their lives.

Shift 3: Take the tin and copper to Dragnar and request him to melt them down and craft Micelus a body.

With his energies refilled, Micelus thought of creating a body. True, it wouldn't be the best body nor a permanent one, but it would work for now. He took the materials he had created to the dwarf and asked him to melt them down and craft him a body.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 25, 2011, 01:42:49 am »

1 sleep
2,3 research

YES YES, YOU WILL KNOW MY TRIUMPH MUHAHAHAHA
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 25, 2011, 06:46:39 am »

Shift 1 & 2: Dragnar takes an empty bed and goes to sleep, taking a well earned rest.

Shift 3: Dragnar will clear out some space and create a smelter and forge. He will have the skull, Micelus, help him fuse stones together and create an iron anvil to hammer on after he shaped a stone in the proper shape of one.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 25, 2011, 07:04:53 am »

Kass goes about observing the going-ons about the place, fairly quiet as she does so, grabbing a plump helmet to munch on. fairly decent food, if bland, she comments. She notices the emerald earrings and copper bracelet, and takes them for herself.

After she has taken her time eating and exploring, she sets to work on a workshop to ply her engineering skills, moving a loose stone block into position, before setting a throne down in there if possible, but not rushing herself.

In the 'night' of the temporal cycle, she takes the time to rest, after finding a suitable spot to nap, spear held firmly, claiming one of the communal beds.

SHIFT 1: Eat / Idle
SHIFT 2: Build mechanics workshop [stone block & stone throne
SHIFT 3: Sleep
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 25, 2011, 10:34:59 am »

Bernard relaxes, feeling better after a day of resting. Having woken up with some wanderlust, he decides to start a couple of minor projects... He also casually mentioned that he wouldn't mind doing some enchanting for the others, if he was able to call a minor favor afterwards.

Shift 1: Take my sword, and give it an enchantment to take on a vampiric property, the property being able to 'suck' and store blood, to this end, he shall use some of the vampires hair, to help enhance and speed up the enchantment process.
Shift 2: Continue with the sword enchantment.
Shift 3: Continue researching the mana-burn enchantment.

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 25, 2011, 04:20:35 pm »

Amadeus like this lair and al, but he flt like it was missing something, then he figured out that he was missing minions. He knew that any good lair needed minions running around making food, killing things, and dying for their masters. So he figured that he could steal a lot of souls and put them into a suitable inanimate object to make his minions.

Shift I: Go hunt down some bats and use Soulsiphon on them.
Shift II: Soulsiphon more souls.
Shift III: Claim bed and sleep.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 82