Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88154 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #870 on: August 14, 2011, 07:50:08 am »

try to carve an niche and crude pedistal in the lower right corner of the north western top room(shifts 1,2)
force field runes research shift 3

Upon hearing the fellow Enchanters idea he thought and said "I dont really know if it would work, most of my runes are bound to the material such as this /Ignites cestus\
but it should work as power cant pass trough power" gives bernard what may be an smile "you mess with the ethereal, i mess around with fire, earth /knocks on the hardened walls\ and this axe"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 17, 2011, 05:46:46 pm »

DAY 16

Rahal, attempts to ignore his emotional damage and just work harder, carving an alcove into the common room, and installing a carved pedestal upon it. Although it could be mistaken for a lump of rock. Then he researches force field runes 6/100 But his melancholy distracts him.

Raargh studies necromancy out of the book, (8/200 necromancy training), It is slow going, and he has much to learn. But after hours of study he begins piecing things together, he even feels a presence as if a spirit was looking over his shoulder. But none of it is immediately useful for his mana-puppet goal. Then Raargh sleeps. But then! Raargh crafts arrows, making 4 stacks of flint arrows. Too bad he cannot carry all of this equipment at once.

Dragnar begins assembling stone beds, one after the other, crafting 3 beds made of stone. Micelus asists, smoothing the rough hewn surfaces smooth, saving Dragnar valuable time. (+3 stone beds)
Dragnar also makes a stone cabinet, nearly 7 feet tall. Too tall to even stand upright in these cramped rough hewn halls. But nearly 7 feet tall none the less, maybe it will go in a different room with a tall cieling. Dragnar ends drowsy

Micelus assists dragnar, but in his spare time identfies that the stone beds are no good for sleeping on, the moss padding might as well be set on smoothed stone ground. Even a common dwarf wouldnt sleep on a stone bed over a wooden one. Easily fixed though, Micelus concentrates on each bed in a process taking hours, turning its matter into something less conductive of heat. Wood will do (-5 stone beds +5 wood beds)

Mirran gets to sowing, but it does not come as easily as her alchemy. Still, they are servicable it seems (+1 flawed ammo necklace, +1 flawed wristband, +1 wristband). Mirran rests. But rises again to work her alchemy, Creating 2 lightsticks, 2 darksticks and a pain vial. The mobling was poking around her alchemy workshop, there is some dirt on the table.

Shigon installs a stool into his carpentry workshop. he breathes a sigh of relief as he adds an arbitrary level of comfort to his workshop, he feels he could sit here for hours now without distraction! he makes some beds, the best ones yet! (+2 beds) then claims one and sleeps.

the imp does some more digging, look at him go.

Sprite and the Black ork farm because they dont want to starve (+20 plump helmets)

Bernard finishes his healing circle, It is set into the floor, with faintly glowing runes set around it in an intricate cirucular pattern, it fits one person, who will regenerate slowly while inside, They can even sleep in it! Bernard then aids in the Force field rune research (+16/100 total reserch) Also he had slept.

STOCKS -2 salvaged blood - 4 raw grubs eww
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ROOMS and workshops and furniture(installed).
MOODS-
++++++++sprite +50% research Bonus
++++++mirran
+++++dragnar -drowsy
+++++shigon

---Raargh
+++Sly afflicted by something
-----Rahal  is melancholy -drowsy
+Bernard
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:28:22 pm by Hastur »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 17, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »

Rarrgh pressed on determined to plow through the book of necromancy as fast as he could for these puppets would save him, and his allies lives, so they were essential. He read through many pages revealing things on spirit binding, raising the dead, creating a lich, adn many other things as he commited himself to his work. I was like somethign had took control of him,a dn he read with the vigour of a man who had just achieved the book that held the secret to immortality for this was his chance instead of being saved by an ally he would have the power to protect them, and keep them from reaching harm this was his new goal in his unlife to protect all those aroudn who were his comrades even if it cost him his second life he would do it.

SHifts 1-3: research teh Necromancy book for ways to make the mana puppets

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 17, 2011, 06:49:32 pm »

try to make the pedistal look better(shifts 1,)
force field runes research shift 2,3

I seem to have some concentrational problems"
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 17, 2011, 07:14:33 pm »

Dragnar looked over the newly transformed wooden beds. They were a lot better than his stone ones, and he claimed one immediately as his due. "That's certainly handy. You transform the rest of the stone beds, I'm gonna go have a rest."

Shift 1:

Drag all the new beds into the bedroom, except for one which I will drag into the healing circle. Go get our most wounded member and place him in this bed. Then claim a bed for my own and sleep.

Shift 2:

Sleep.

Shift 3:

Make stone farming tools and claim the following items:

Silk Rope (which should be 60 feet in length)
Silk Knapsack
Silk Sack (it's owner is now dead)

Put all the stuff I'm not wearing into the Knapsack, except for the hat and my morningstar. Don't forget to put my torches and firestarting kit in there too. Give my old three corner hat to the skull if it wants it as thanks for the good work.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 17, 2011, 10:55:32 pm »

"Aye dwarf-friend go have a rest ol' Micelus will be turning your beds".

Shift 1= Transform beds

After that task was complete. Micelus would go and try to make some metals out of rock...Copper and tin would be useful for a number of uses.

Shift 2= Morph some stone into some copper (or as close as possible)

Shift 3= Morph some stone into tin.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 18, 2011, 03:46:42 am »

Miran secures one darkstick each in her new wristbands, in such a way that she would be able to easily uncover the light-sucking parts. She then heads over to the dorm room and places the lightsticks onto an empty bed. "If anyone needs a light source, he can take one," she announces.

Shift 1:
After tidying up her workshop, the vampiress seizes a few plump helmets and a stone pot. She starts distilling alcohol from the mushrooms. While the liquid sizzles and bubbles, she gathers the mobling's grubs, slices them into little pieces, and fries them in the pulp that remains of the plump helmets, adding herbal seasoning.

Action: cook and brew

Shift 2: Miran slinks off to rest in her coffin, which isn't as padded as the new-fangled beds everyone else is getting. Oh well, it will do for now.
Action: nap

Shift 3:
Miran swims over to the sprite's island, climbs the tree, and grabs two of the succulent bats that grow on it. She then dives off the branch into the water and remains underneath the surface as she returns to the other shore. After feasting on the sap-like blood of the things, she resumes her throwing training, tossing the corpses into the air and trying to hit them mid-flight.
Action: train throwing

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 18, 2011, 05:36:30 am »

Bernard had just finished his healing circle, a good piece of work. It would make recovering after a battle a far easier thing, although it could only help one person.. Still, it should stop people from bleeding out..

I claim the flint knife.

1: Upon smelling Miran's cooking, Bernard decides to grab the last stone pot, and he moves up to the swamp-like area, and collects various alchemy materials that he has seen Miran collect before, sometimes scraping it off the walls with the flint knife. He collects it into the stone pot, after the stone pot is full he takes to Miran, as a gift.
Collect alchemy materials in the slime/swamp area, give them to Miran

2: Seeing that the dwarf has gone to sleep, Bernard picks up the tools, and then he decides to create a long table, spending as much time as he needs to make it to a reasonable degree. It should be as long as a bed, and as wide as one. It should be able to seat 8 people.
Grab some rock and create a dining table for 6-8. Focus on the task.

3: Bernard feels tired, but he decides to shake off sleep, while he attempts to improve Rahal's mood. "Hey, Rahal. I was just wondering if you were okay, you seem kinda down. Here." At this point Bernard gives Rahal a bit of spicy meatloaf. You know, when you showed me your enchanted weapons, I did think they were well enchanted, I certainly don't know how to do something like that, and I do hope that you can teach me, as I think that it would help tremendously." Bernard stops, and then just decides to talk about things with Rahal, telling a joke here and there.
Try to cheer up Rahal.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 18, 2011, 06:52:56 am »

Shigon was a bit uncertain what to think of the newcomer's strange ability to transmute materials. The fact that his own painstaking efforts had been largely outdone by transferring a teammate's strength into the appropriate field was certainly odd, but he wasn't entirely sure whether to feel pleased or displeased.

Feeling his efforts were no longer needed there, Shigon set back to work mining- this time, his goal was a study to practice his unusual craft in.

1. Sleep

2. Dig

3. Dig

Spoiler: Digging Plan (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 18, 2011, 07:33:45 pm »

Dia dies-y-siete, ARRIBA! The day of non-flavor text

Shigon sleeps then digs, then digs some more! (+20 rock)

Bernard collects alchemy materials (+120$ worth of alchemy materials), then while dragnar sleeps Bernard gets to work on a dining table, a long one. it (+120/480

Miran cooks, wasting not a drop, and putting together a delicious soup! (-5 plump helmets +10 seasoned plump Soup+), sleeps, and trains throwing after stealing a headbat for food. (+8 and +8 owed from before = 64/100 training progress) (-1 headbats)

Micelus goes about, making shure all the beds are nice and not stone anymore, then morphs some copper (-2rock +2 copper) then morphs some tin (-2 rock +2 tin)

Dragnar tidies up the common room, setting all the beds, he dusts off his hands with a job well done and sleeps for basically the whole shift. then he sleeps some more (+well rested) Then equips himself and makes stone farming tools, Stone is not the best material, it is too brittle to stand up to heavy use by some clumsy brute, but it should do untill it inevitable breaks on a rock (armory skill would be better for this) (+120/500 farming toolset)

Rahal shakes off sleepyness for now, his madness forsaking even basic necessities like sleep. he chips away at the pedestal he is working on into a more shapely form, you could call it a worthy pedestal now. Bleary, his willpower carries him through the next shift, researching the force field runes, recalling Bernards contributions. His meloncholy still goes untreated and he makes inefficient progress (22/100 total force field research) Miraculously his next shift he stays awake still. Bernard talks to him while Rahal works towards the force field rune research, the rest is a blurry memmory as Rahal droops off repeatedly (+mood 28/100 research)

Raargh studies necromancy the whole day (32/200 puppet research) progress seems stifled at first, but the pages seem to turn themselves to random factoids. Raargh struggles to comprehend until he piesces some things together in his mind. Then he learns to trust the book, or the presence that seems to be guiding him. Soon he will be able to sense the ambient spirits, the first step in harnessing them for power.

PICTUR

STOCKS
units of Food
Sweet pod seeds
39 mutant Plumphelmets - Sprite
Misc. Bones (Cookable)
1 Micro Piglets
1 barrel
1 Spiced Meatloaf
3 dead brainless bloodless frogmen corpses (-2frogleg)
9 frog-lobes (Cookable)
12 grubs
15 plump helmets
10 seasoned plump soup+

Resources: (Wood supply depleted)
27 wood
+2 copper
+2 tin
138 stone
4 blocks (3 installed in carpentry room)
7 rat leather
scrap iron
4 Torches
Stone Cage

Consumables; unknown (there are some acid vials and Molotovs and healing powders)
1 glowsticks
2 darksticks
9 molotov
10 aacid potions
1 healing dust
pain vial
+360$ alchemy ingredients

Armory
4 stacks flint arrows - Rargh
flawed necklace -mirran
flawed wristbands - mirran
Mighty Longbow- Raargh
Silk Bandoleer
Silk Satchel
Stone Fullhelm - Dragnar
Spiked Iron Morningstar - Dragnar
Flint Knife - Furtuka
Javelinbag w/ 3javelins
Leather shoes and Pants - Furtuka
silky leather bikini- Mirran
Spiked Segmented Iron Shoulderpads - Dragnar
1 Clawbone Knife
Kukri - Furtuka
Spearhead
Warped Helmet
Blastmaster leather facemask - Mirran
hand wraps of fire -Rahal
Savage Waraxe - Rahal
Lucky Headband - Sly
Fine spiked Targe of True Grit +4 (resist 4 pain levels) -Dragnar, with girrafe fuigurine stuck in it.
pilgrim hat +1 magic resist - Sprite
shiny monocle +1 aim - Cizikler
iron facemask - Sprite
3 corner bat leather hat
highboots (i think someone claimed this?)
small chest - sprite
1 Energy Drink
Polished Bone Magewand: reduces range penalty for spells by 1 - Sprite
magic cane (it always stands upright! AMAZING!) - Cizikler
fire hardened spear -bernard
1 rock small mace -
inscribed fine bowie knife - Sly
sling - Sprite
Scabbard - Sly (with knife)
Sandals - Sprite
Waraxe, - Raargh
pierced padded cloth coat - bernard
Furry Mongol hat - Bernard
2 boomerangs - Mirran
Cestus - Rahal
Furry leather boots - Bernard
Bronze vambraces - Bernard
Healing6 Feathered Magewand - Bernard
Bow
15 obsidian tip arrows
Hand pick -Shigon

Misc.
Knapsack - Dragnar
Rock Small Mace - Dragnar
Shoddy Silk sack - Dragnar
Silk Rope 60ft-Dragnar
prybar - Dragnar
hammer - Dragnar
full coffin
throne
3 stone beds (no good for sleeping on)
Bloated Spitter - Furtuka
Extra firey imp - shigon
shoddy table - SCIENCE! shop
shoddy chair - SCIENCE! shop
Alchemy shop - Table
Enchantment shop - Table
Masonry shop - Table, Toolset
7 silk bandages
Fire damaged door - (used across pit)
iron padlock
recorder
kazoo
ivory scepter - Shigons stash
knuckle bone dice - shigons stash
Soul gem -SHigon
Kitchenwares 160$
copper bracelet -Sly
brass torc - Sly
emerald earings -Sly
billon pinkie ring - Sly
amethyst ring -Sly
Copper Plates: Invokations of Khagai and other pacts (infernalism book) -Shigon stash
Clay tablets:Arms of Ekehshti, illustrated. - Shigons stash
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:26:20 pm by Hastur »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 18, 2011, 08:00:40 pm »

"he hehee oh lookie an butterfly hello little friend"(tired so that the brain breaks down
shift 1,2 "sleep" in the most frightening statue pose i can
shift 3 research
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 18, 2011, 08:13:27 pm »

Rarrgh was worn out from the strain of learning everything, and he decided to sleep for a good while, adn he went, and laid within the large coffin that is his resting place. As he fell asleep he had a dream of a large grass land with two opposing armies facing off, Rarrgh at the front of one of them, and as the battle breaks out a large number of wooden dolls with swords placed in their hands fling up from the grass. The dolls launch towards the forces Rarrgh is fighting, and begin tearing them to shreds, as the dolls strike left,a dn right taking blows where their heads fall off, but continuing to fight on. The battle wears on for awhile, adn when the two armies finnally crash Rarrgh is stranded among the enemy with only a dozen of his dolls left. He fights with tooth, and nail launching arrows at the enemies as the dolls hack, adn slash those who dare appose, and in a final attempt to defeat the army Rarrgh charges forward cutting a swath through with his doll,a dn war axe in the direction of the enemy general. As he reaches him Rarrgh is filled with 12 arrows, adn five spears nearing death he lurches forward,a dn witht eh last of his life cuts the general's head from his shoulders.

As the life bleeds out of him Rarrgh sits straight up shocked awake by that image.

Shifts - 1-2: Sleep, Eat, Drink, and other Nessecities

Rarrgh then sets to work studying the necromancy book once again, so that his dreams may come true (Hopefully with a better ending :P)

Shift 3: Study the necrmancy book

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 18, 2011, 08:58:18 pm »

Hmm..a few bits of copper and tin. Useful yes, but so little. Need to go making more, yes?

Shift 1= Make copper from stone
Shift 2=Make copper from stone
Shift 3=Make tin from stone.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 18, 2011, 09:51:56 pm »

"Well, it needs work, but if I give them to the skull for him to transmute into iron, they will definately become better."

All shifts:

Work on making the best damn quality farming tools I can. Then get the skull to make the working ends into iron. If I finish early, work on the table.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 19, 2011, 01:39:31 am »

Bernard sighs, people were working themselves too far.. Including himself.

1,2: Rest up
3: Enjoy some well cooked food, and continue the mana burn enchantment.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 82