Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88156 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #855 on: August 11, 2011, 11:44:37 pm »

The hand jumps off Dragnars helmet just as he shield rims himself to be rid of it, jarring himself. The hand misses its leap at Bernards face though, It lands, and is incinerated at short range by Shigon. Who then stomps it for good measure.

The Black ork gets there, He can still attack the torso?

-END BATTLE
(next post is next day)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 11, 2011, 11:53:05 pm »

Dragnar takes off his helmet, patting it thankfully. He had done a good job and was pleased with it's performance.

"I'm glad I took the time to make one of these. Now, why the hells was that brainsucker attacking the undead thing?"

After some exploration, he finds the remains of the spider-elf, a brainless husk.

"Looks like hunger got the better of the damn thing. I hate flayers..."

Shift 1:

Dragnar takes the time to make a coffin for the spider elf if noone wants to use the body. If they do, then he just rests.

Shift 2:

Rest.

Shift 3:

Dragnar collects all the webbing items and puts them in his workshop. He then makes stone chairs for the workshops that don't have any.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2011, 02:06:12 am »

Miran struggles with the weight of the overturned stone table, holding on to its legs as it tries to drop into the pit. Finally, she manages to put its leading edge on the solid ground on the other side and walks over cautiously, only to come upon a grizzly scene. "Cizikler? Furtuka? Sgeov? What a waste." She hangs her shoulders as she stares at the corpses and the carnage - did that severed finger just twitch? Nah, just her imagination. Her gaze comes to rest on the mutilated body of the illithid, and she licks her lips. She runs off to grab one of Dragnar's stone pots and puts it on the ground. She then hoists the corpse up and lets the remaining blood within drip into the container. Once the blood flow stops, she takes a bite to suck out the rest, seals the container shut with some wet clay, and submerges it in the river to keep the contents cold and fresh.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 12, 2011, 02:10:32 pm »

Shifts 1-3: Grab a frogman corpse, adn began experimenting trying to turn it into a puppet.

Rarrgh went, and grabbed the corpse of a dead frogman who had recently attacked the group who had made this their home. He dragged the corpse tothe science lab, and began working on turning his mana into solid, invisible strings to connect to the corpse, andwhen connected the strings would allow Rarrgh to control it like his actual body, but at the same time allow him to use his own body for battle, or other tasks. If this was sucessful he went, and began making the other corpses into puppets so that he w=could have four puppets to use in combat.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:10:21 pm by adwarf »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 12, 2011, 03:22:19 pm »

Bernard steadys himself against the wall, swallowing the small amount of bile in his throat. He wasn't used to scene's like this. Plus that hand really did hurt, even if he didn't want to show it. But looking at the bodies.. And then looking at the Black orc.. He started to get an idea for something.. "Hey, Orc. You're a mad scientist, right? I have an idea.. I want to try to make a flesh golem from all of these body parts, and I could use some talented help.. But we will need to preserve the bodies.."

1,2: Research the last of the mana burn enchantment
3: Continue on the healing circle.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 12, 2011, 05:19:34 pm »

"Oi, sure I can help, dis flesy golem 's gona stop all dem bloody truders... I just need a lab...."
1. Find some lab equipment
2. Get to work on the flesh golem
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 12, 2011, 06:36:39 pm »

OOC: Why are we putting up new shifts already? The last ones haven't been resolved yet. Anyway, posting some more just in case I'd miss a turn if I didn't.

Shift 1:
Miran grabs a micropiglet, some beetle parts, and a few spicy herbs from outside and takes them to her workshop. This time, she is working according to a more mundane recipe, and soon after, a delicious aroma permeates the air. She takes the prepared meal to Rahal in the dormitories and spends the rest of the time giving him a perky pep talk.
Action: Cook, bring food to Rahal and cheer him up.

Shift 2:
Action: Sleep

Shift 3:
Determined to become stronger, Miran alternates between throwing her boomerang and stones with the same weight as her potions at a target she has painted with mud on the rock face.
Action:train Throwing

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 13, 2011, 11:03:23 pm »

Day 15-The Patience of the dungeon inhabitants begins to wear thin, creature comforts are demanded to satisfy the need for progress. All creatures now require a Lair. Even if its just a cot under your workshop table. (everybody need designated bed minimum)

Mirran (-1 micropiglet, -beetleparts +5 units of Spiced Meatloaf+) Cooks up a batch of Meatloaf, it is a work of genius considering the ingredients. She feeds some to Rahal, who is suspicious at first, But enjoys it heartily. Then she sleeps in her coffin, Then she practices throwing potion-like things. (48/100 practice)

Gestuch scrounges around for tools, and finds the bare minimum to get started, But the workshop he found it in is nice, and will do wonderfully. he gets started building a flesh golem the parts are plentiful and he makes  progress (80$/960$) finally he sleeps  to end the day.

Bernard works on the manaburn enchantment, he is close to completion, (84/100) and he works on the healing circle 84/100. He ends the day drowsy.

Rarrgh went, and grabbed the corpse of a dead frogman who had recently attacked the group who had made this their home. He dragged the corpse tothe science lab, and began working on turning his mana into solid, invisible strings to connect to the corpse, andwhen connected the strings would allow Rarrgh to control it like his actual body, but at the same time allow him to use his own body for battle, or other tasks. If this was sucessful he went, and began making the other corpses into puppets so that he w=could have four puppets to use in combat. He makes progress in the sense that he begins to sense hungry sprits about him, but how to harness this potential energy source is beyond him, but he hits a wall going further, and despite all his contemplative reflection, he cannot yet figure out how to manipulate these energies. He ends drowsy

Dragnar finds the corpse of the Drider piled into a corner of Gestuch's new workshop, it seems nobody is using it. So dragnar makes a stone coffin, it is a lot of work but he finishes it in one shift, even etching a little spider image onto the top. (+1 filled Coffin). afterwards he sleeps, and gets back to work making stone thrones, making one, not his best work. (+1 throne)

Shigon works at his workshop, and finishes the bed (+1 bed) he then gets to work on a suitable chair, but his carpentry talents leave much to be desired and he has to start over partway through, he makes the easiest chair like thing possible, and just barely manages a lopsided stool.  Shigon sleeps

Sprite "Muhahaha! At last my minions awaken! Soon I shall rule this miserable cavern and then the world! Now to work."
He begins to instruct them to farm, planting seeds into the muddy ground by the river, The Goombah look on in amazed puzzlement. "EAT?". Sprite shows them how to bury them in his their finger, The Goombahs doublestomp them, they all starts hopping up and down/ Sprite hands a seed to the smartest looking goombah, He eats it and the others nod on in agreement. Sprite starts selective breeding a new strain that will have arms instead. (12/100 research)

Rahal is recovered from his wounds, and his mood is improved by some quality meatloaf, so he starts research on "force field runes" he make makes barely any progress, mostly moping. (6/100 force field runes) He needs to improve his mood back to normal before he can really focus on something. He also sleeps, with 2 shifts its well rested even! (+mood)

The Imp does a little digging

The Mobling brings an armful of grubs to Mirran while she cooks, drooling, his personal stash, (+16 grubs)

The Portal flashes to life once again, a floating skull floating cooly out. It floats out over the water and to shore, making no offensive gesture to the dwarf working at the banks. The dwarf moves his hand from the tool to the morningstar for a second, raising one eyebrow, but moves it back and gets back to work just as quickly. The Portal pushes lapping river-waves at Dragnars feet.

STOCKS -2 salvaged blood, -4 food
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MOODS-
++++++++sprite +50% research Bonus
++++++mirran
+++++dragnar
+++++shigon
+Furtuka Terminated
--------Cizikler Cizikler Goes berzerk! Kaput!
--Raargh -drowsy
+++Sly afflicted by something
--------Rahal  is melancholy +well rested +spiced meatloaf +made an aquaintance
++Bernard -drowsy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:36:11 pm by Hastur »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 13, 2011, 11:27:47 pm »

1: Sleep in a bed, claim said bed.
2: Lets finish the healing circle, and put all that I have into it.
3: Help with the force-field rune's research.

Bernard decides to claim a bed in the sleeping area, making a small boundry of stones to show his space, as well as carving B.U.R into the headboard. Sighing, he decides to sleep in his new bed, and he stows his things under it. When he wakes up, he grabs a bit of spiced meatloaf, and chews it while walking to his workshop, to gather his tools. After 8 or so hours, he stops carving runes into the circle, to see if they have any effect. While he relaxes he remembers that Rahal was doing something involving runes.. So he goes over to Rahal. "Hey, Rahal, was it? Um, I saw that you were doing research on runes of some kind, and judging by what they were, you want to do something involving fields. See, when I was doing my healing circle, I had to make sure that it didn't expend all of its energy at once, trying to run full power over the entire room.. And so I think that if I know what you want to happen, we can see if we cant use the containment runes to save ourselves some trouble...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 14, 2011, 12:42:51 am »

Another realm, another chance, another game to play...He needed aid and that dwarf over there seemed a good enough start.

"Ah, dwarf. As you can see I'm a floating skull! I'm Micelus the morpher. Heard of me? Probably not I've been stuck in the Nether for a few centuries. Not too long really but long enough for your short-lived race. Anyway do you be needing help in anyway? I can help craft stuff. Need a sword? a bow? a pick or a crazy human selling camels? I'm your skull."

Shift 1= Help Dragnar

Shift 2=Help Dragnar

Shift 3= Look around the cavern looking for anyone who needs help
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:31:41 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 14, 2011, 01:26:22 am »

Grumbling about the slow pace, Shigon continues making beds for everyone. There's other things he'd like to be doing, but as the most qualified "carpenter" in this mess, he feels an obligation to get everyone the essentials, at least. He pokes his fiery imp again, reminding it not to grab the wood.

1. Add "chair" to carpenter's workshop, continue painstakingly making beds

2. More beds

3. Sleep, claiming the best bed
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 14, 2011, 02:57:54 am »

Shift 1:
Miran carefully stashes her potions within her coffin. Unencumbered by carried objects, she wanders into the cave to gather up some strings of spider silk, a bunch of barnacles, and a few pieces of rat leather from the stockpile. With the materials ready, she starts working on a proper replacement for her improvised ammo necklace. She starts by fashioning six leather loops that are held together by the barbs from the barnacles. Sized to fit one potion each, they can be opened with a simple tug, enabling her to grab one of her projectiles with a simple, uncomplicated gesture. She completes her work by attaching the loops to the necklace proper and immediately fills them with three Molotov potions and three Acid potions. Afterwards, she crafts two wristbands that go up to her elbows. She adds straps to the outside to attach a boomerang to, and a slim pocket on the inside to hold a thin stick. 
Actions: Sewing: 1x ammo necklace, 2 x large wristbands with pockets.

Shift 2:
The vampiress removes her tools from the coffin she has been using as an improvised workbench and slips inside to take a nap.
Action: Sleep.

Shift 3:
Miran makes her way to her workshop, bringing along the wing bones of some of the bats she has eaten during the previous days. This time, she is working on a more lasting project than usual. Using a slightly luminous extract based on fireflies, she starts extracting the luminous component until none is left and then continues on, until she has two gelatinous masses. One of them emits bright light, the other actively devours it. Her work plate looks rather strange, with one half being illuminated brightly, while the other is bathed in shadows. She takes the two masses and fills them into the bat bones,  rendered transparent by a caustic bath.
Actions: Make 2 x darkstick and 2 x Lightstick. If time remains, make pain vials.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 14, 2011, 04:11:43 am »

"Well, for a start, you can make beds. Wood or stone, your choice. But make them well, that's all I ask. Also, move the furniture into the bedroom when it's done."

Shift 1:

Make stone beds with moss padding.

Shift 2:

Make stone beds with moss padding.

Shift 3:

Make a stone storage cabinet. It should be a foot taller than the human and have shelves inside it, as well as two doors on the front.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 14, 2011, 04:26:34 am »

"Err...yeah I guess I can do that. I know a bit how ta work stone so I'll be doing that. Can't move it after I'm done though; too much effort...And with too much effort I would need some lifeforce.... And oh yeah, I should mention that I can make stuff change shape; just need a guiding hand. So if ya need any thing made get me, aim at something, and think very hard on making something. Just don't try doing something you don't know how to do...You'll die a very painful death."

"Well enough from me. Time to work."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 14, 2011, 05:01:10 am »

Rarrgh quickly finds Bernard, and walks up to him with the bow in hand before saying "I have a favor to ask." He holds out the bow, and continues "Could you enchant this, or place magic runes on it to light the arrows on fire when I shoot it. Also I could use your help on another project if your willing come by my coffin later, and I will explain what it is." He hands Bernard the bow, and runs off towards the other workshops.

"The necromancer's book may hold something that could help me, but I don't want an undead being just a puppet." said Rarrgh as he turned, and began searching for the necromancy book in the hpe that it could help him harvest the energy of the hungry spirits.

Shift 1: Rarrgh finds the necromancy books and studies it.

After the long day of work, and having to search for that damned book Rarrgh stumbled over to his cofffin dropping inside, and slamming the massive lid shut above him with a resounding thud.

Shift 2: Sleep

Rarrgh having a need for arrows goes, and begins gathering rocks, and sticks to run into arrows for his massive bow. He would need them once he managed to perfect his puppets since it would allow him to stay at a distance yet remain in the fray.

Shift 3: Craft Arrows
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 82