Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88179 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #690 on: May 26, 2011, 05:43:17 am »

Shigon shook himself out of his malaise. He was well enough, he supposed, and there was work to be done.

Heading over to where the ghoul had managed to mangle himself, Shigon snatched up the pickaxe again. He was really going to need to forge a new one sometime, but for now just one would do. He set to work on what would soon be a common area, preferably for sleeping but perhaps for other activities as well.

He revised his earlier plans, putting it closer to the portal, and replaced the single entrance with a pair of double doors. When anyone would actually get around to making double doors for it, he couldn't say, but this would give it a nice open feeling, and prevent it from getting clogged. He set it back somewhat to account for the much wider space the hallway would someday take up.

1. Mine

2. Mine

3. Rest

Spoiler: Digging Plan (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:21 am »

Shift 1 and 2: Train with my Waraxe
Shift 3: Sleep ( Do vampires need to sleep? If not I will Train this shift )

I Must become stronger for I must accomoplish my goal. If we have another battle like last time several people from our side will die. thought Raargh as he trained hard with his axe. This was how he would accomplish his goal he would beomce a great warrior, and ahieve that goal even if it took his life. Rarrgh would train for most of the day then try, and rest.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 26, 2011, 09:56:27 am »

“Damn these lizard men. I will see them all burn. There is nothing to do here… I might as well check out the other way.”

With that thought Sly makes his way back to the ladder and climbs up it to explore in that direction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You guys are free to use the mobling to help in your tasks, like digging, I am not sure if we have another pickaxe, but even then he can help cart away the waste and what not so you do not have to bother, that should speed you up some what.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 26, 2011, 12:14:29 pm »

Miran ponders the imp. Giving it a task that requires finesse didn't work out so well last time. It just  didn't have the skills for it. Just as she doesn't have the skills to create that nifty trap she has thought up. Fortunately, there is someone who has. The vampire seeks out Dragnar the dwarf with sketches of her brilliant plan in her hand.
"Can you build this? Also," she pushes the imp at him, "have an assistant."

Shift 1:
The vampire searches for new alchemical ingredients, checking the river's shore for flotsam, scraping lichen of the walls, and inspecting the dust and pebbles created by the mining operations for useful minerals.
Collect ingredients

Shift 2:
Miran works in her workshop, preparing more medecine for the accident-prone denizens of the dungeon. Some sweetpods lie in the back, ready to be turned into something useful.
Make up to two healing dusts in workshop. If time is left, create sugar from the sweetpods.

Shift 3:
A boomerang whistles through the air repeatedly as Miran aims for the cavern's bats. They are decent target practice and might even provide a snack. The main purpose of the exercise, however, is increasing her skill at hitting a moving target. 
Train Throwing skill, aiming for bats.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:44:39 pm by Rask »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:47 pm »

Bernard considers the mossy room, and exactly what there could be. He had already saw copper, and with some tin the other way.. 'The dwarf will like this..' He heads over to Dragnar, around the same time as Miran, and nods his head. He waits until she is finished talking, and then has his say. "Ah, dwarf. I thought you would like to know, that I have seen both copper, and tin ore, so after we mine it, we can create bronze."

Shift 1:
Seeing the Vampire search for alchemical ingredients, Bernard offers to help her, and shows her the swampy room. "There should be an excess of ingredients here, I'll help."
Help gather ingredients, take some moss for research.

Shift 2:
Seeing the ghoul half buried under the rubble of a cave collapse, coming back from the swampy area, Bernard shakes his head, and tends to the damage.
Tend to the Ghoul.

Shift 3:
After tending to the ghoul, and making sure that his condition was okay, he goes off towards his workbench, and examines the magewand, and then the moss.
Identify magewand, moss. If he identifys the moss, give some to the sprite.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 26, 2011, 04:45:32 pm »

1,2,3 - FEED ME
It's FEF, not FEOF

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 26, 2011, 09:26:10 pm »

Dragnar scratches his chin through his beard and nods at his finsihed workshop. It could be better, but it was damn fine compared to a lot of stuff around here, so it will do. As he was standing there admiring his work, a vampire female and a human came to him with some news and an idea. After looking over the sketch for the vampire's boulder trap, Dragnar chuckles and nods with a gleam in his eye. "Now, you are thinking like a dwarf! I can even see some improvements that can be made to increase effectiveness as well. Where would you like it anyway, some place with a slope would be best so that it rolls down towards the victims. And thanks, I'll make sure it is put to proper use."

After hearing the news from the human, Dragnar grins happily. "Ahhh, with that copper and the tin you guys said is around here somewhere, we can make ourselves some bronze! Not as good or as strong as iron, but it's a lot better than nothing. But we have a few problems with this. I don't have a pick, since those idiots are swinging the only one in that tunnel down there. Caused a cave in for their trouble, should have let a proper miner used it instead... Second, the mud. It's too deep for me. If it came up to your waist on a human, imagine where it would come up to on ME! We need to make some kind of bridge or set of stepping stones or something. Maybe the sprite can grow one or something, since that would be faster than if I carved blocks to make one. Third, that moss stuff doesn't sound good. You should have the sprite look at it or something. And finally, we need a forge before we can even USE that metal. If you can get me designs for one, I could make one as well as a anvil from rock."

After shooing off these creatures, Dragnar decides that the dungeon needs some proper furniture. He also claims a rock mace, the prybar and the hammer and slaps that three corner hat ontop of his head, figuring that at least it will keep the water off his head.

Shift 1:
Carve a rock table for the vampire. She needs a flat surface to work on.

Shift 2:
Carve another rock table for the Spider-elf. He also requires something to work on, and Dragnar has some ideas in mind that he needs the spider-elf for.

Shift 3:
Shaking his head at the lack of decency that these things had, he carves a stone bed for himself and fills it with some plant matter for him to lie on.

For all of these tasks, he has the imp hand him tools and fetch the right rocks for him so to speed up his work.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 27, 2011, 02:46:13 pm »

Miran is somewhat reluctant about following Bernard up the ladder, but her curiosity gets the better of her caution. Fresh, unexploited territory for her to harvest! After a while of sloshing through the knee-high muck and anylysing the fungal growths, her enthusiasm wanes. Particularly when she stumbles and falls over like a log, disappearing under the surface of the swamp with a splash. When she gets up, she is coated head to toe with the sticky brown mass and blinks in dismay. "I certainly hope this is worth the trouble!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 27, 2011, 02:54:59 pm »

Bernard watches the vampire fall down in the mud, and offers a hand to help her back up. "It should be, this place is untouched, and it seems to be a heavily overgrown area. There should be lots of stuff to pick." He fights to keep a smile from his face, as he also looks around. Until he falls in himself, getting his stuff soaked with the mud. He slowly gets up, and wipes the worst off. "We're going to need platforms.."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2011, 05:24:07 am »

Are we waiting on anyone?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 30, 2011, 06:33:57 am »

Yes, me.

My mood should be higher than +3?

1. Examine treehome fruit to determine whether they are edible or have other uses. Grow more sweetpods.
2. Rest.
3. Research sentient plumphelmets.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 02, 2011, 09:01:05 pm »

Are we waiting for the GM to be able to post or something?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 05, 2011, 12:04:17 am »

Day 10

Rahal and Raargh find a clear spot to spar. Rahal attacks furiously, and unleashes some pent up rage. Raarg practices some moves, and makes faster progress. Eventually Raargh is too sluggish to continue, and goes off to sleep in his coffin. Rahal goes off to inscribe an enchanted rune on the floor. ready for someone to tread upon. He tests it with a rock, and a puff of flame and a set of sparks confirms its ready. (Rahal training 36/100. Raargh training 52/100)

Dragnar, the dwarf, works hard, like a captain of industry. His endurance allows him to shrug off drowsyness for shift after shift after shift. He produces a rock table, then a slightly inferior rock table, then a perfectly serviceable stone bed! He even has some time left to make one more furniture of his choice. (table goes to Science! workshop, table goes to Alchemy workshop, +Stone bed) he does not forget to claim a rock mace, a prybar, and a hammer, and a 3 cornered hat now sits atop his head. However he cannot carry it all and leaves the hammer at the workshop. Sly leaves him the shield, but he cannot carry that as well, Dragnar has only 2 arms.

Furtuka is unconcious, he is fed 2 bats and heals 2hp (0/11hp) he is later bandaged (-2 silk bandage +2hp), his legs are held together more by tight compression than any structural integrity. He regains conciousness, and feeds upon the stinking trogcorpse, even a ghoul has to retch at such a foul creature, but it provides much needed nourishment. (+3 hp)

Shigon waddles over to Furtukas mangled body. With a sigh he takes up the pick and goes off to continue his mining plan, careful not to make a similar mistake. With his vision in mind he carves out more space. working until the end of the day untill he retires to "bed" But not before uncovering a colony of 6 purring maggots! (+20 rock +6 Purring maggots)

Cizxlker wakes to more meditation, and nearly unlocks the secrets to his new abilities. but decides to sleep before his drowsyness gets any worse. (80/100 research progress)

The sprite examines his fruit, opening then, he discovers an embryonic head, with batwings coming out of it. With study he realises they will grow to become a defence mechanism for the tree, releasing swarms at anything else that gets close. he sleeps in his tree, but then continues work on his research. (108/200 research, +8 mutant plump helmets) his mushroom men grow quickly now.

Sly goes off to explore, but the way down is blocked. Instead he heads up the ladder to the Sludge Warrens, along with Bernard and Mirran. While they gather ingredients in this mess Sly goes on, not even noticing the undulating carpet of slimy moss coating the ceiling. he slogs his way up to the chokepoint ahead, parting overgrown plants as he passes, and peers through the chokepoint to discover what the illumination is on the other side. But the green slime has already plopped down from the ceiling onto his shoulder, cascading down in gooey tendrils onto his shoulder and dissolving him rapidly. He screams, and is aided by Bernard and Mirran, pulled to safety and the slime scraped off as much as possible. But they dont stay long, and leave in case the slime can travel underwater. As he is being dragged back. Sly tells the others that he saw a vast underground cavern sloping downwards, with a beacon of light iluminating everything from the farthest reaches in, there was a small lake near the bottom, with a pillar of light coming down from a hole in the ceiling, surface light maybe? He saw camouflaged creatures moving about the plantlife, but couldnt get a good look at them. Sly is laid down on the only rock bed. He is badly wounded and his arm is crippled for the time being.

Bernard and Mirran found easy pickings in the slime warrens, and picked 320$ worth of ingredients. Bernard goes off to tend to the ghoul, and moves some rubble and drags him off, while Mirran begins producing stuff in her workshop, Refining sugar. (-240 ingredients +2 healing powders, -13 sweet pods, +13 fine sugar+). Bernard meanwhile examines the magewand. His knowledge in enchantery tells him that the wand is used for healing, it had 3 charges but one was used already. It would be a simple thing to recharge it for Bernard, but it would take time. It heals 6hp per use. It also extends the casters range by 1. Mirran also ends her day by practicing throwing with her boomerang, aiming at any stray bats in case she gets lucky. (?12/100 progress??)

Seogv "Ok i made something, but it was just practice alright? done with the remnants really, A Flail snail! An armoured behemoth, with no discernable vital organs, a slimy exterior protecting it from the elements and over 3 flail attacks per second!! I know, im a genius!" (creature progress 128/200, +1 flail snail)

MOODS
++++++Sprite: sprite is in a good mood, and is filled with creative juices +50% research
Seogv
+++++Miran Satisfied at work +rp
-----Cizixkler
-----Rahal +let out some steam + ate yummy meal -drowsy
++++++Sly --seriously injured +rested +ate yummy meal
Furtuka +rested
Shigon +satisfied at work +rp +ate yummy meal
-Raargh
-Bernard +satisfied at work +rp +ate yummy meal
Dragnar +satisfied at work -drowsy +rp +ate yummy meal

STOCKS -2bats, -1 lobe, 2 vampires drained bats, -6 otherfood

WORKSHOPS

LOCALES

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:35:48 pm by Hastur »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 05, 2011, 03:05:55 pm »

1&2:
Bernard looks at the magewand, and stores it away for later use, and now, he goes to his 'workshop' and he sets down to research, looking for a way to suck the mana out of an area or a mage, and then use that stored mana to burst into flame, damaging mages.
Get down and research that stuff.
3:
Rest.

(Could we have an updated map?)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 05, 2011, 03:14:28 pm »

"AHHHH OH GOD KILL ME THE PAIN THE PAIN do we have any alcohol? THE PAIN!"

Sly withers around on the floor in pain.

Turn 1: Rest.
Turn 2: Rest.
Turn 3. Rest.

Resting makes us heal quicker right?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82