Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88182 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #660 on: May 13, 2011, 01:05:29 am »

I do not think we know where it is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 13, 2011, 03:29:42 am »

Yeah. Also no eating (potential) team members.

Shift 1-3: Rest
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 13, 2011, 06:51:17 am »

Shift 1:
"Come, Minion!" One hand on the imp's shoulder, Miran drags the creature along, not really caring whether it wants to follow or not. In passing, she nods at Rahal and smiles with approval. Someone is getting the idea that we need to fortify, at last! The vampire starts moving rocks toward the entrance stairs with the aid of the imp, piling them up until they block the entrance. She intentionally places some rocks on top that will fall off with the slightest provocation, warning the dungeon crew of intruders trying to get past.
Barricade entrance

Shift 2:
"... and that's the kind of sprout I need." Miran concludes, showing the imp the last of the ingredients that go into the healing powder. "Now go get to it! Gather some, but not from the herb garden over there. I'll be watching you," she lies, and turns over in her coffin. The lid slams shut with a soft thud.
Take a nap

Shift 3:
After tracking down the imp again, Miran gives it new orders, regardless of the success of previous attempts. She is a vampire, undead nobility! Of course a lowly imp will obey her! "...so rats, snails, fish, turtles, snakes, whaterver. Just bring them to me. I'll hunt in the other part of the cavern!" In her mind, she goes over her recipes for the vermin stew she will prepare if she still has time to  after catching the ingredients. As usual, she'll drink their blood first. What little brains they have will go to the tentacle-mouth with the unpronouncable name, while the meat will go to the ghoul.
Hunt vermin for food, drink its blood, cook the rest if there's time and feed the others.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 16, 2011, 11:31:04 pm »

Ochita and Sly Day 8 Side exploration adventure....

Shift 1: Ochita and Sly decide to go through the blocked ladder. But it is stuck. They spend some time pulling it, then hacking at it untill they begin to break through. A mudslide creeps out and does not seem to stop for quite some time. They decide to go another way meanwhile... but the passageway finishes draining and clears up after a few hours.

Location discovered: Sludge Warrens - A muddy ladder up goes to a very gooey place

Shift 2: Ochita and Sly go down the stairs past the toad statue. They go down a ways through a narrow corridor with steep well worn stone steps. The corridor ends in a sharp fall down into a room. It is too dark and Ochita runs back to fetch a clump of glowmoss (darkness -3). They both go down, wherever the stairs used to lead are now blocked by a rocky scrag that lead Ochita and Sly into a maze of narrow tunnels. They wander though to the tunnels, over uneven ground covered in the rocks that have fallen from the crevasse far above. Clear signs of mining can be seen through some of the crisscrossing tunnels. A peek here and there shows signs of tin ore available here, but in scarce quantities, most has already been mined out. They travel further, and cautiously, when Sly detects a movement up above. A hidden creature stalks them, a Darkmantle. but without the element of surprise it goes away after a barrage of rocks. Ochita and sly enter a natural opening in the caves, with a murky pool in the corner, halfway circled with large smoothed boulders at even intervals. They consider throwing rocks into to stir up some trouble, but there is still exploring to do.

location discovered: The Murky Pool - an opening in the underground with a pool in the corner. It is halfway encircled by a ring of polished boulders.

Shift 3: Ochita and Sly continue traveling cautiously. As they venture though the darkness, They hear the clear sound of stone grinding on stone up ahead. They do their best to hide their lightsource and stay out of the way. Slowly, A group of humanoids wander out from the cave wall far up ahead. They are grey and lizardlike, holding 2 torches between them all, there are 4 of them, armed with flint spears and rock maces. one stoops down and sniffs the ground, and the rest follow him, leading them all in Sly's direction. As they come nearer a small creature bolts away from them, probably the thing they were tracking. It runs in the direction of Ochita and Sly, Its small silhouette reveals it as a Mobling.The Troglodytes see it and pursue. Ochita and Sly are out of sight, but hardly hidden. There will be a confrontation.

Location Discovered: Guard chamber - Following a sheer cave wall, is a hidden rock door with iron bars to either side serving as windows. Rotten remains of furniture can be seen through these.

(actions? for ochita and sly)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 17, 2011, 12:15:25 am »

(Err...

>Trog knowledge. Specifically, can I speak to them?)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 17, 2011, 12:21:26 am »

yes

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 17, 2011, 12:30:17 am »

"Oh. Shit. Well... We can not fight them all... But I think we can bluff them."

"Okay, you back me up on this. If it pans out we might come out a head... Or four." Sly turned to his ally and wispered in a small voice.

Then he jumped out in front of the trogs and yelled in his loudest voice

"Halt! This is the domain of the Demon Lord Sly! The penalty for trespassing is torture! The penalty for hunting on his lands is death! Now you have five seconds to explain your actions before I call his demonic troops to torture you to death!"

Sly quickly closed the distance as he was saying this and to make his point he unleashed his Presence.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 17, 2011, 12:41:07 am »

Sly's Voice echoes ominously through the cave, lending it a resounding bellow.

AHH! we have tresspass on the forbidden land! We never should have come so far!

3 of the trogs tactically retreat, with their weapons at the ready. the fourth throws down his spear and flees back the way he came. frantically clawing at the stone door to open it again. The groups eyes dart frantically to and fro, up down and around. They get back to the door, but are not in safety yet.

The Mobling leaps aside behind a large rock and cowers, not having made it past Ochita and Sly before his presence was felt.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 17, 2011, 12:49:00 am »

"Stop you heathen dogs! If you flee now the armies of Lord Sly will hunt you to the ends of the earth! We shall not rest until you and your tribe has been scoured with the hottest of hell fire and your very souls rendered into non-exsistance! The only thing that can please the wrath of Lord Sly now is Blood and sacrifice! One of you must stay behind! Chose! If you please me in this I will generously allow his soul to be sent to whatever paradise awaits you in the after life instead of consuming it!"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:52:26 am by Criptfeind »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 17, 2011, 12:56:33 am »

Nice, you're thinking of the brain eater. It's good for him to have some fresh food.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 17, 2011, 12:58:38 am »

I do not want to  be eaten by hungry person who is my replacement.

Also. After this I am going to tell them to send their leader here to give us a sacrifice of animals and food. A little mind wash (I need the druid to help here) and we should own a Trog tribe.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 17, 2011, 01:08:15 am »

As the stone door grinds open, one of the trogs stops bashing his head against it and dives halfway underneath, the rest of them drag him back out screaming by the heels and one impales him into the ground, rotating the spear as he lets out his final anguished cry. if its one thing their primitive culture comprehends its the need for blood sacrifices.

(damn 16 out of 18 roll. thats the top 2.777777th percentile or a one in 53 chance. Curse my beautiful rolling hand!)

The stone door grinds shut on the trog corpses hands, they leave behind incredibly stinky corpse. every pore exudes a powerfull reek. (+1 trog corpse, Stone Mace, +2 Strange Meat)

Sly yells after them.. "Send your Chieftain down! Lord Sly demands a meeting with him. If you do none of you will be harmed!"

The trogs flee back the way they came, joined by one or two more that were bringing up the rear.

Ochita and Sly reach the stone door. It is in between several large caged off windows, Barred with iron, it would take someone quite small to squeeze through the bars and there is no obvious means of opening the door form this side. Rotted furniture can be seen beyond, and a set of ajar double doors at the top of a step. A level can be seen set into the ground just past the double doors.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:16:41 am by Hastur »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 17, 2011, 01:11:49 am »

Sly dramatically turns towards the Mobling and lets out a low growl.

"Do not try to run little one. Or I will be forced to strike you down. Now tell me. What are you doing here?"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 17, 2011, 01:17:46 am »

Sly dramatically turns towards the Mobling and lets out a low growl.

"Do not try to run little one. Or I will be forced to strike you down. Now tell me. What are you doing here?"

The Mobling has soiled itself and fainted as Sly turns to him

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 17, 2011, 01:27:13 am »

"Damn it... I hoped I would not have to carry any stinking body back to the lair... But now we have two..." Sly sighed under his breath to himself.

Dipping his fingers to stab wound on the dead trog, Sly uses the still warm blood of the trog to draw demonic symbols on the walls. He also draws the symbols for 'wait' and 'meeting place' on the walls.

His task done, he distastefully turns to the fainted Mobling and hefted him up. Motioning to Ochita to drag the trog back, he grabs the meat and sets off for home. Assuming the trip is uneventful he gives the Trog body to the vampires and brain eater, hopefully that will satiate them for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 82