Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 87987 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #405 on: March 31, 2011, 04:56:12 am »

1 survive/get out from the room after trying to find the ordinary grenade
2 try to enchant fistwraps with fire
3 try to enchant fistwraps with fire
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 31, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »

End of Battle.

Rahal crawls about on the floor a bit more, hacking and coughing, searching for a grenede. But he blacks out from smoke inhilation and heatstroke. Shigon pulls him out dragging him by the ankles slowly. In time the fire dies down, and some return to survey the devestation. \

Elsewhere.. the portal activates, and a drider crawls out and skitters to shore.

Surviving workshop items
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:06:50 pm by Hastur »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 31, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »

I grab my cane and monocle, and then
1: Sigh at unnessary loss of life.

Real 1: Mine for gemstones.

2: If gemstones found, mine out an octagonal room in the vein of gemstones, if not, mine for more gemstones.

3: Repeat 2

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 31, 2011, 11:40:49 pm »

With a splash, the wry, spindly form of the dridder splashed into the water, sputtering madly. His many legs kicking, he managed to flail his way over to the shallows. Soaked, thoroughly annoyed, and spitting out water, he stood in the shallow water, stooped over and feeling about for something. Eventually, his hands hit upon a set of small spectacles. With a huff, he flipped the water off of them and put them back on his face. “Demon’s bowels!” The dridder grumbled. “What is this world coming to?! Can’t they even position a portal properly? BAH!” Still muttering to himself, he took a moment to look around and take in his surroundings.

“No matter, I still made it after all! And they called me mad! MAD! HA!” The dridder laughed, upon seeing where he was. “Good riddance Twisting Nether, and if I ever see you again, it’ll be too soon! You thought you could keep Seogv! That you can trap Seogv! But no one can hold Seogv! And farewell to you, pitiful gods! I serve no man!” Cackling to himself, he began envisioning the plans he had for this new world. “Now, to find what creatures I can alter to my liking. Nothing like making mother nature cry upon a fresh world.”

1:    Search for potential allies and test subjects.
2:   Search for useful materials for research and making a lab.
3.   Begin construction of said lab.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 01, 2011, 01:53:43 am »

Shigon snorted in annoyance, surveying the damage. Hardly anything that was left could burn, which didn't bode well for how much was lost.

Snatching up the copper plates, clay tablets, ivory scepter, and knucklebone dice for safekeeping, he trudged back up to the portal, where he noted the newest arrival. He simply grunted in acknowledgment, then went back to work, stashing the valuables nearby. The whole incident had made him want to get his private workshop finished as soon as possible.

1. Take Invocations of Khagai, Arms of Ekehshti, ivory scepter, and knucklebone dice, and store them on the shore next to the portal. If anyone wants to borrow the dice, or is obviously well-qualified for the clay tablets, let them take them. Anyone who wants the copper plates or ivory scepter, wants to permanently keep the dice, or wants the clay tablets despite not being a warrior, will have to discuss the issue. Once that's done, keep mining.

2. Keep mining.

3. Sleep

Spoiler: Digging Plan (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 01, 2011, 01:56:29 am »

Day 5
The Ilithid tries his hand at mines for gemstones! However he throws his back back out after the first swing. he sits down at the riverbank to rest and reflects. he decides to use his brain instead and not his spasmed back to find gems. He searches through the rubble of Shigons previous mining progress. He finds a sapphire! He would mine out a room here, but it is in an open area devoid of walls. He continues searching for gems on his next shift. He finishes going though the rubble and finds no more, but he at least helps Shigon mine.

Rahal the gargoyle wheezes on the ground, eventually recovering from his near death, he is wounded and his hide is blackened. He goes back into the ex-workshop to search for a grenede. But he finds nothing like it. Eventually he decides on enchanting his fist wraps, they are badly singed, it is fitting to enchant them with fire. Sucess! The fist wraps now deal minor fire damage. But Rahal is not satisfied, he continues to fortify the enchantment. He progresses (level 2 fire enchantment 160/400$ fistwraps)

Miran scrounges up some ingredients, she finds a wealth of possible sources for her concoctions, dried up beetle shells, plantspores, extracts, poops and slimes. She gathers up as much as she can carry in her arms untill shes got a proper workspace. But before she overharvests the area, she plants some about to improve future harvests, the natural ecosystem is just too innefficient. She sets aside her gatherered materials and by the end of the day props her coffin up on the island next to the sprites hometree. She could start making items now, but she waits untill she has some tools or a workspace for a more efficient use of her time. (+160$ alchemy ingredients) she naps

Furtuka is followed everywhere by his gisly beetle carcass. He studies his necromancy book (28/200 necromancy research) then he attempts to dabble in normal magic, but his study is too unfocused to make meaninful progress towards any other spell related discipline. Perhaps if he focused more on a clear goal. By the end of the night he binds a spirit into his dead bat. And now a angry bat follows waddling behind him wherever he goes.

The Sprite ventures into the Toadroom. The great toady statue seems to leer at  him. Plants cover the walls, he recognises them. strangle vines with lethal serrated thorns sit around the perimiter, and some hangmans shrubberies droop all the way down from the cieling, eagre for a fresh meal. he cant quite make out the cieling, but there is a pool of blood here on the floor. The area near the stairs has another recognizable plant, a shrieker. A large fungus growth that shrieks when approached. Sprite walks brazenly through the room to inspect the toad statue. The plants in the room merely pat him on the head or brush him a bit. The toad statue is huge, with a huge bowl in front of it. These kind of statues are conduits for a gods power, but this one seems to be dead, long forgotten by its followers or whomever built it originally. Its gullet is wide open and seems to drop down to infinitite blackness. Eventually for his second shift, he heads back to the ex-workshop and cleans out the remains. The dancing magic broom is here and makes the job much easier. He takes the small chest and fills it with dirt, dirt and the next generation of mutant plump helmets. Some were lost but the most recent geneseed was saved by the plump helmet he held on to. (plump helmet research 44/200 progress). In the end he goes to finish his treehome but with fatigue wearing at him he merges with his home to sleep in safety and comfort.

Shigon stashes his his items under a rock near where he digs. HE DIGS INDEED, he must be getting better because he digs a full 8 squares as if he were an adequate miner. Soon, other join in on helping him dig. The illithid, scoops up what he picks out, and contribues more. The otherwise idle folks even join in at the end. (+28 stone) he finishes with some well deserved sleep.

Seogv, the newcomer and mad scientist scans the area for usable lifeforms. He detects fish in the river, amphibians on the wet rocks, arthropods in the mud, spiders above the waterfall, bats in a crevass, insects in the earth some deadly plants beyond the workshop and various fungi near the stream, and some abberations down below. Quite a variety, if absent of the more classic creatures, like owls and bears. First through he would need a lab, then to capture some live critters, the more biomass the better. He spent his next shift taking the ramshackle resources of this place and walling off a suitable area for his experiments. choosing me most seemingly secluded out of the way place. He constructs a shanty wall around his future lab made of an assortment of cobbled stone and wooden beams. Sturdy from an archetectural point of view but not very pretty,(-some stone and wood) 'course his creations rarely are. His third shift he spends dragging a stone and orienting it as a base for his workshop, suitable as the foundation his work will rely upon. He is not ready to collect, trap and restrain specimens to mix.

Sly takes the opportunity to finish decking himself out with the stuff he called dibs on earlier. He blings himself out.

End of day summary.

Moods Keeper, your creatures are growing weary, they cry out for beds...
+Shigon - lost stuff +rp +aquisition
+Kricklik
---Raarg
++furtuka+satisfaction
+sly -lost stuff+aquisition +rp
Rahal --badly injured -pain +rp -drowsy
ilithid -sore +rp -drowsy
miran +rp
seogv +rp -drowsy
++++sprite -lost stuff +rp

Stocks (-1 lobe -8 mystery stew)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:18:28 am by Hastur »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 01, 2011, 02:27:20 am »

Mmm, that was a nice nap. I'd better finish my treehome, and then I can make that rickety bridge to the Toad room a bit stronger with some vines and replace the furniture in my workroom. The vampire seems to be attempting some sort of amateurish effort at growing a herb garden, I should help her I suppose. The plump helmets are coming along nicely at least.

1. Complete treehome. Help Miran to grow a herb garden, using fast grow to grow it faster, twisted growth to make the herbs bigger and eviler and plant ken to grow them better and of better quality or something.
2. Grow some tough vine plants onto/into/around the wooden bridge to the toad room to strengthen and reinforce it.(Using fast grow, twisted growth and plant ken as needed)
3. Did the table survive? If not, construct new table and chair for workshop. If there is table+chair, research plump helmets that are sentient. Take sling from workshop so I can throw rocks better.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:36:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2011, 03:30:02 am »

Shigon grudgingly decides, since others have been aiding with the mining, that he should probably hollow out a communal resting area before his own personal workshop. To that end, he begins digging out the side of his current tunnel, intending to expand it later. While they currently lack any sort of beds, Shigon feels confident that simply having a designated place to sleep will be a step up from collapsing anywhere convenient.

He sighs at the piles of stone sitting around as he returns to work. He wants to get started on trying to make some furniture, and perhaps other things, but a desk is no good if there's no place to put it, and the dungeon really needs some more breathing room right now.

1. Mine, hollowing out the room first and continuing the tunnel only if there's time afterward

2. Mine

3. Mine! Almost done! Sort of!

Spoiler: Digging Plan (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 01, 2011, 03:55:05 am »

Miran wakes in her coffin, yawns, then kicks the lid open so she can stretch. The vampire glances at the inhabited tree next to her sleeping area curiously, then wanders over and knocks with her knuckles against the bark. "Hey Sprite, are you in there? I could use some assistance with my herb garden. I'll use half of the first harvest from it to brew some potions of your choice in return."
Shift 1: tend to herb garden

After inspecting the burned-out room, Miran sighs as she spots the heat-warped shards of destroyed alchemy equipment. It looks as she will have to prepare her new work area from scratch. On the bright side, she no longer needs to worry about flammable substances near her workshop accidentally catching fire. Everything in the sooty-walled that could burn already did, which makes the place the ideal location for her purposes. 

"Hmm, can't build the more advanced stuff without help." The vampire decides to start with something a little less ambitious than a proper laboratory. She selects a large, already flattish stone as a worktable, and proceeds to design a hearth and a stove, with enough room to stuff a fire imp inside the heating compartment. She begins construction of her kitchen in the north-eastern corner of the former workshop. Cooking may be a bit of a waste of her talent, but that doesn't mean she isn't good at it. Even though she is a vampire and can't appreciate the taste. She still remembers how good food smells like from life, and that should be enough, right? Right?   
Shift 2: build a kitchen, and if there's time left, expand it to a brewery.

After a hard day of work, Miran retreats to her coffin and takes a nap.
Shift 3: ZZzzzzZZZzzz

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 01, 2011, 06:46:11 am »

rahal was thinking, the thunderstones had been powerful very powerful, he was tempted to try and make one but he would need a gem to hold the enchantments power and release it when he wanted it to.1 enchant wraps
2 gemsearching aka help illithid minig for it
3 gemsearching aka help illithid minig for it
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:21:56 am by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 01, 2011, 08:18:18 am »

Rahal, I exhausted all of the gemstones on the floor, I think we are going to have to mine for them now.

Also, my illithids name is Ciziklor.

1:Mine for gems with mind power.
2:If any gems are found, dig a room in the gem seam, if not, keep mining for gems with my mind.
3:Sleep.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 01, 2011, 08:21:15 am »

edited turn
Quite fucked indeed.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 01, 2011, 10:42:00 am »

Seogv yawned as he observed his makeshift lab. It was no royal court of science, that was sure. It didn’t even seem to measure up to a crude ramshackle hut, being a haphazard pile of stone and wood held together with sticky silk for mortair. It was more of a hollow mound, if anything. But! It was HIS hollow mound ramshackle hut! No one commanded him to build it, no one gave it to him and commanded him to use it for their own purposes. Seogv built it! And Seogv will use it for what he damn well pleases! Now, the only question was what to use it for? It needed some more work first, he needed to build some cages first, or prevail upon someone to do it for him. Still, what to do first?

Seogv yawned again, his eyelidss drooping a little bit. He decided to sleep on it. He had heard someone making a sleeping area, and decided it would do. Leaving his lab to be behind, he scuttled for the area. It was just a hollowed out area in the stone, but it would do. Picking a corner of the chamber, he wove a large web for himself out of non sticky silk. Climbing into it, he promptly drifted off to sleep.
1: Weave a sleeping web and sleep.

It was several hours later before Seogv arose. Still, the sleep had done him good. He climbed out and stretched his arms and all his legs, before scuttling out. He still wasn’t certain on what creature to make first, there weren’t any large enough creatures. Perhaps he should see what his comrades needed here. He should meet them anyway. Hearing the sounds of construction nearby, he scuttled to investigate. Coming upon the burnt out ruins of a workshop, he came upon the vampire Miran working on some construction of some sort. “Good day madam. I am Seogv, geneticist and scientist,” Seogv said, his congenital tone a stark contrast to his ranting yesterday. He scuttled up to assist her building. “Let me assist you. Tell me, what manner of creatures are needed here? Are any guard animals required, or ones for food or blood perhaps?”
2: Assist Miran with building the kitchen and brewery. Inquire what creatures are needed by the others.

After the vampire retired to her coffin, Seogv returned to his laboratory in progress. Finding some wood, he began constructing cages and holding pens of all sizes for the creatures that he would be creating later. He had many ideas. Perhaps he could grow himself some large insects, with the scales of a fish for additional armor. He would need to find a beast tamer though. But one obstacle at a time.
3: Construct cages for the lab in progress.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 01, 2011, 11:03:27 am »

Miran's eyes widen in surprise as the spider creature approaches her, but she accepts the offered assistance easily enough. As he mentions custom creatures and blood, a vision of huge, bloated ticks filled with delicious liquid ripe for the taking starts dancing before her eyes. Before she knows, she is cackling madly. Remembering where she is, she chokes off the laughter and coughs at the back of her hand. "Ahem. Well, I certainly wouldn't be adverse to a permanent source of blood. Perhaps giant ticks? In any case, you should ask the minotaur about this, he is our beast trainer." She eyes Seogv's spider-like lower body speculatively.  "I could use some threads to make nets from, though."

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 01, 2011, 11:35:39 am »

“Hmmm… I will consider it. I could do it, but I think I could fufill several needs at once. Blood for you, brains for the thought eater, meat for the rest of us. And I could make it part plant too, so it would feed off naught but water and light. Yes, I think this will be a good starting project.” Seogv pondered aloud to himself. “When I finish my lab, I will begin collecting the needed life. If you happen upon any potentially useful animals, bring them to me. As for the thread, I could help with that too, or simply make some webs for you to use. I will have to meet this minotaur tomorrow though, or I’ll have to find something I can use as a sedative for the creatures I make to pacify them.”
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 82