Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 87986 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #360 on: March 26, 2011, 05:53:56 pm »

He attacked me over a little loot, just let him die.
"All of it" isn't really "a little." I'm not particularly in favor of killing you, but I'm not sure how you thought you'd go snatching all the loot without a good thrashing.

Well, man. I found it so... I thought I should get first dibs. Right. (Maybe not as much as I took, but eh.)

He made a post about taking a huge chunk (Of the good stuff at least), and I really did not want to go though and split it all up. I was thinking you guys could just say what you want, but at least I can stop some one from taking all the magic.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2011, 10:24:15 pm »

All I want is the monocle and magic cane that always stands upright.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 26, 2011, 10:26:33 pm »

Yeah thats cool.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 26, 2011, 10:33:10 pm »

I'm having a hard time figuring out where my/our room complex should be. Technically I could go with what I have now, because the frog room is a Z-level or two below the portal, but I'd rather just avoid it completely. I've thought about just tunneling around the portal and continuing a tunnel centered on the portal, but I'm not sure I like that idea for some strange reason.

I've even considered crossing the water and burrowing north, but I don't like the idea of a little bridge for some reason. I really, really don't know why, but it's at least convenient for Hastur if I don't force him to get a new piece of graph paper or do a little legend about this leading to that. I also thought about going south, but I'm not sure I like the whole cliff thing.

So, what do you guys think? On that topic, what do you think of my plans for DF-style hallways and rooms?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 26, 2011, 10:51:28 pm »

Well eventually I see your room as a giant forge area. A large pool of magma bubbling up from the center, forges working from its heat, with you sitting on a island in the middle. Twenty or some enslaved smiths running about under your glare as they work to refit and forge armor and weapons for our army of darkness.

I like the DF style stuff for now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2011, 10:54:26 pm »

Wow, I was just imagining "a large room with a lot of furniture." That is much better. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 27, 2011, 12:59:24 am »

Spoiler: Actual Digging Plan (click to show/hide)

I guess I will go with the portal-centered hallway plan. I'll expand it more and make it my actual turn later.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 27, 2011, 03:47:32 am »

No! Bad IronyOwl! Double posting is for adwarf!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 27, 2011, 12:28:55 pm »

No! Bad IronyOwl! Double posting is for adwarf!

* Stabs rty in the heart *

DOUBLE POSTING

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 27, 2011, 12:36:37 pm »

So.... Hastur. Do we have a ETA on the fight? Normally I can wait however long it needs to be. But I am very anxious to see who dies.

Edit: Well, since I can not die, I supose I should change that to I am vey anxious to see Demonic Spoon die.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:40:24 pm by Criptfeind »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 28, 2011, 01:31:02 am »

Oh dear, its gonna hit the fan now, HEHEHEHEHEHEH

Day 5 Witching hour: The Workshop.

Scene
Sly has just stacked up the valubles in the room, and The sprite is cradling some mutant plump helmets. He goes to claim the Fine Targe of True Grit, he picks it up, it has the image of a cartoon bullfrog on the front, surrounded by water that actually swirls magically. The Sprite had his eye on that targe, and he grabs it also. They look up at each other for a moment. Sly raises an eyebrow, The Sprite squints his eyes. The Sprite reaches for the pilgrims hat, dropping the mutant plump helmets onto the table, and puts it on his head. Sly tugs the targe from his grasp and puts on the targe. Sprite grabs the polished bonewand and some mutant plump helmets off the table as he scampers to the eastern door. Sly gestures the sprite to back here as he advances, lunging for HIS hat. I am the treasure keeper now! the sprite tugs at the door to make his escape, but to his surprise it is locked!

Battle Mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJQvswrSPg&feature=relate
Sly grasps at the pilgrims hat! missing by a wide margin!
Sprite goes to plan B, Focuses a spell!
Sly recognises a hostile spell when he sees one, Sly Concentrates a Mindleash!
Sprites Entrangle goes off at the start of his turn. The ground cracks and fissures, powerfull roots and vines spring forth in a 3x3 area, grasping at non-druids. The sprite dives through the door-hole
Roots are strength+1, Sly dodges the vines beneath him, but the next square over only has more vines grasp him upon landing. Somehow, Sly ducks and rolls 2 of the 4 vines, nearly escaping.
Sly is grappled by 2 vines, The squeese him by the right arm and hip. Sly's Mindleash goes off at the start of his turn. Sly focuses his will into the sprites mind... ,too distracted, sprite is merely stunned.

Rahal looks up from his work on the ground on the other end of the room and stands up. he sees a great shower of loose dirtclods and rocks shower half the workshop, tipping over a table and hurling its loot into the wall. Vines are whipping everywhere, The tables contents spill against the wall, there is a spray of sparks as sizzling white hot fragments of mysterious alchemical phosphorous shower the room. The whole wall goes up in smoke like a dry yule-tree in july. Additionaly, a thunderstone  strikes the wall and its deafening thunderclap sweeps the next and larger table clear of all its contents. A wall of flaming wood, glass, and bits of shrapnel riddle the room. The previously gloomy room lights up, many treasured objects are lost.
Rahal is struck by a thunderclap, but his constitution shrugs off the shock to his system.
Rahal is struck by 2 pieces of shrapnel, but he shiels himself with his wings just in time, they deflect magnificently off.
Sly is struck by shrapnel, he shields his face from the flash, but remembers his lucky headband and instictively shields his groin. A forcefull blow is struck and a giraffe fuigurine now sticks out of it
Sly is struck by a thunderclap, but my flexing every muscle in his body, and nearly peeing himself a little, he shrugs off the effects.
Sprite is struck by a thunderclap, but he is stunned again.

Sprite recovers from (both) stuns. He finds himself on the ground facedown in the hall drooling a bit and his ears ringing. He crawls to the wooden bridge near the Toad statue.
one more vine grapples Sly, by the right leg. The rest attempt to wrench him apart, failing. another grabs a burning table leg and flails around.
Sly tears off one vine with a free hand, but cant get a hold on anything with the targe-hand
Rahal shields himself with his wings and rushes to Sly's aid, stepping on a singed slide-whistle, but his axe misses.
The barrel of perfumed oil begins to smoke, tattered pieces of of hay float about, and a !!racoon-hat!! trails through the air.

(awaiting new orders)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 28, 2011, 03:55:32 am »

Use entangle again on Sly and Rahal. If they are successfully entangled attack them. If not then continue on to Toad room and use Plant Ken+Druidry to befriend plants there.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:08:04 am by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 28, 2011, 03:58:21 am »

Shigon bellows in anger at the sound of valuables being destroyed. He storms down to the uncovered workshop, giving a heat-filled hiss to the sprite and incubus, before attempting to recover the Invocations of Khagai, and the weaponsmithing book while he's at it. He decides to leave taking stock of the full damage to someone less busy.

On seeing the animosity of the three-way brawl, however, Shigon decides to interfere. Standard infighting is one thing, but he refuses to allow the dungeon to be cracked at the seams by such pettiness.

1. Head down to workshop and attempt to break up the fight, by thrashing all aggressive combatants if necessary. When that's done, grab the Invocations of Khagai and simple weaponsmithing textbook. If either's been destroyed, savagely beat Sly and The Sprite with my tail, unless they're already unconscious or otherwise unable to feel it. If there's time left after, go back up, moving the ladder if necessary, and continue mining.

2. Mine (or sleep first and then mine, if tired/wounded)

3. Sleep

Spoiler: Current Digging Plan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:20:16 pm by IronyOwl »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2011, 05:20:45 am »

KILL MAIM BURN SLY BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE LET THE GALAXY BUUURRN.
ahem hack sly and sprite + the vines into pieces. a fucking thunderclap, you better not detonate the 2 other grenades
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:22:28 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 28, 2011, 06:48:14 am »

Study Necromancy all day
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 82