Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88005 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #285 on: March 19, 2011, 12:36:28 am »

1. Explore!
2. Exlpore!
3. Expolre!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 19, 2011, 04:09:44 am »

1explore
2search for carnivores/explore
3tame if i find otherwise explore
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 19, 2011, 04:35:07 am »

1. Mine; start digging myself out a room when finished with Criptfeind's plan (location to be decided in a bit)

2. Mine

3. Mine
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:42:38 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 20, 2011, 07:37:41 pm »

...Day 3 continued.

oops Shigon dug some too i forgot to put that in there.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
     Rahal the gargoyle looks for a way to the surface, he goes up the ladder but finds only a stone hatch, blocked from the other side. he goes back down and instead heads down the ramp into a new area. It is dark and gloomy, but he hears the stirring of some creature in the darkness, maybe exactly what he is looking for. he stomps his way on south, but it ends in a cliff, he peers down and sees the sound coming from some dark pit. It is a simple thing for a glider such as himself to glide down, and he gets closer to see what is down there. Looking down into the refuse pit, he sees some creatures there, Carrion worms, well they look carnivorous, they have the body of a giant maggot, with the end ending in a 3-way beak, they glisten slightly. Rahal attempts to tame them. but without the knowledge, he merely attracts their attention over and over again. As his attempts grow more desperate, cooing noises, tossing small pebbles down, poking at them with a long stick. They grow restless and scamper off into a hidden burrow. Rahal, fetches some food to renew his taming attempts next shift, and he goes back up the cliff with minimal effort, just a jump off the wall and a powerfull thrust of his wings and he catches the upper ledge. He searches for those carrion worms but they went into their burrow, concluding that it must come out some where, he searches on hands and knees for the exit hole and finds one at the bottom of the pit. He uses the ladder as its too cramped to glide, and waits patiently with a bowl of mystery stew at the entrance. Occasionaly chirping for attention. Just when he is about to give up on the dark burrow at the bottom of the pit he sees movement, A creature comes out, the crawling thing is quite long, and stands up in front of Rahal as he puts out the stew as an offering in an attempt to tame it. The carrion crawler responds by lashing out with many many tentacles.

Sly the incubus, tightens his bandages and decides to explore. He finds his way to the south, down the ramp into an open area, it is littered with loose rock and stalagtites all over the ceiling. He Heads further south, but it ends in a sudden cliff, one level down. Sly lowers himself as far as he can, and then drops the rest of the short way down, rolling to avoid his wounded side. His progress to the east is blocked by an open pit. There is woody debris and a narrow crawlspace down there, along with a ladder all the way down. Sly cant jump across without a running start, so he lowers himself partially down the ladder and reaches across, it takes just a small hop and a pullup from there to get across to the other side. On the other side, is an antechamber, with false pillars carved halfway into the walls. On the north end, is an enormous chest, overflowing with riches, gold coins, goblets and silks. But Sly can tell it is merely an illusion. Still, it could come in handy. On the south end of the atechamber is a door, blocked by loose rocks, judging by the gap in the cieling they came from a well placed stonefall trap. It takes his next shift to clear away the rubble, but he finds a prize among it all. A crooked beartrap, time has not been kind to this thing, and the spring is badly rusted. Sly carefully opens the door..... The next room is dark, he barely steps inside before he is attacked. A magical broom leaps at his face, threatening to blind him with its bristles, but is redirected. Sly grapples with it and soon overcomes it with minimal bruising. He tries to swing and crack it over a table but it bucks too much for good damage, merely succeeding in knocking the delicate alchemyset across the ground. instead sly hurls it through the door and slams the door closed. The room appears to be a giant workshop of some sort, with bookcases on the ends, several tables cluttered with seemingly random junk, and a rats nest of debris in the corner. The only exit is east, but the bottom third of the door has been eaten away by the dampness and rot. Sly ends the day drowsy.

BATTLE MODE
Rahal vrs the Carrion Crawler
St-2
Agil+2
tough+4
Attacks: needlelike teeth, constriction, 8 paralysing tentacles
defences, rubbery leather and blubbery padding

The Crawler lashes with all its left tentacles! Rahal has no room to dodge and is forced to forearm block! He suceeds, but the whipping tentacles wrap around his arm. The Crawler goo permeates his stone skin, but Rahals healthy constitution resists! The Crawlers right tentacles lash out! Rahal is buffeted by the attack, but unharmed, His hearty constitution shrugs off the goop's effects. Rahal tries to use his axe, but between the grappling and the confined space it is no use. He punches the crawler straight in the face, knocking out rows of its many upper teeth. The crawler makes no effort to defend, instead redoubling its attack! The Crawler surges forward, grappling Rahal against the pit wall, Rahal is offcentered! The goo slimes all over Rahal, but he fights on. The Crawlers lower body wraps around rahal lower leg, just barely gripping the lower leg due to Rahals quick dodging attempt. Rahal tears off some of the tentacles from around his arm with impressive strength, and the mystery stew tips over in the struggle (-1 mystery stew), but the crawler has too many tentacles. Rahal, shoves the crawler back with a mighty grunt, and it falls back, tentacles flailing everywhere, its tentacles grip broken. The crawler winds its way up Rahals leg, and crushes his foot with its constriction attack, but Rahal is too tough, Rahal is covered in goo and it starts to affect him, he feels his muscles seizing up. The crawlers tentacles slip around Rahals hips, And Rahal is paralysed as his body is infused with the paralytic goo, too much for his hearty constitution. The crawler chews on him, and Rahal tips over as he gets nommed on for the next 8 or so hours. Rahal becomes drowsy, but is too terrified to sleep

Only Sly hears a bit of a scuffle.

Elsewhere:
     A new creature from unknown dimensions across time and space appears. A tall illithid with mysterious powers of the mind. (you may describe yourself with artistic license)

Moods
+Sprite +roleplay bonus +Satisfying acuisition +satisfied at work -drowsy
Krikclick -drowsy +satisfying acuisition +satisfied at work
Raargh -drowsy -slimy
furtuka +Satisfied at work +Satisfying acuisition
+shigon +roleplay bonus -tired
Sly -drowsy
++Rahal -defeat - slimy
Stocks (-7 food -1 spilled stew)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:01:25 pm by Hastur »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 20, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »

I'm interested in joining up as well.

Name: Kass Duskfur

Description: Dark Furred hell-cat with short horns between her ears on-top of her head. She wears dark brown Clothes that keep modesty about her form, with a cold earring in her left ear. Her eyes glow red dimly.

Race: Bekuzir *created*

Attributes:

Class: Enchanter

Skills:

Starting item: Sparking Short-spear [permanent, possibly minor electrical enchantment]
I would love to get in on this, but i would also like to see a bit of randomness to the arrival pattern. I think it would match the background of the arrival quite well. But, i will wait till i am in to play either way.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:20:22 pm by Riversand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 20, 2011, 10:29:11 pm »

I believe this fits me rather well.

In other action-related news:
I decide to exist!

1. Do boring menial labor to help other people. WITH MY MIND!
2. Hunt for brains. WITH MY MIND!
3. Meditate. WITH MY MIND!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 20, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »

“So. Much. Sadness. Why. Why is the world so very very cruel? WHY GOD WHY WAS THE TREASURE FAKE?!?

Also that broom is going to be broken by someone who does not bruise as easily.”

Such are the quality of Sly’s thoughts as he lays down near the fake treasure for a quick cat nap. He feels himself slowly drifting off to sleep…

“What in the hell is that noise? Sounds like a rock grinder having sex with a puddle of ooze. No way I can go to sleep hearing that horrid horrid thing.”
Sly jumps up and goes to find the source of the noise.

“Oh dear god what the hell is the rock monster doing to that giant… Phallic… Worrrrrm? Fuck that. I need to kill one of us three. Some one needs to die for that can never be unseen.”

With that Sly starts blasting the worm with the powers of his mind, trying to bend the tiny brain of the worm to his thoughts.

I will try to Mind leash that horror.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 21, 2011, 01:41:28 am »

i think it will bleed to death but whatever and what king of stomach does that thing have :-\ he must be the leader/packmaster.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:07:55 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 21, 2011, 09:26:49 am »

((I see what you did there, lazy lazy.  ;)))

Yess, yess! Muhahahaha! Behold the power of natural...lighting,sigh, just one more n nd it would have been even more awesome. Anyway next he wou-*thud* Zzzzz. Whu? uh, it seems that te sprite had taken a sudden nap, anyway, now he would continue growing his treehome

1. Sleep, in tree home if it is large enough, if not then in one of the spore trees.
2. Continue growing treehome, using PK, FG and TG.
3. Claim the abandoned workshop as my own. Clean it up a bit as well and then continue with research on sentiating plump helmets.

Changed turn a bit.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:29:11 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 21, 2011, 12:10:14 pm »

when i get out of this (if i do) i will try to find a way to make my hands extra damaging (water,fire,lightning) and go into statue form to heal.
Quite fucked indeed.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2011, 01:29:01 pm »

Sly mind leashes the carrion crawler from his vantage point over the pit, but it seems to ignore sly for a bit, before he throws a rock at it and catches its attention. Their gazes meet and the crawler is soon enthralled. Enthralled for as long as Slys concentration remains unbroken. The crawler climbs the ladder and remains there. Rahal the gargoyle, meanwhile, takes a few minutes to regain functionality, His whole body feels asleep.

Day 4

The Sprite, Melds with a nearby spore tree on the waters edge, rejuvenating. Next it continues growing and tending to its magical tree. It audiably creaks as it grows and splits the ground, scraping the ceiling a bit too. It is now mature, although not at its peak. It is a gnarled and twisted tree, with small jagged dark leaves that droop from its branches.Then during the undernighttime, the sprite goes over to the only workshop, down the cliff and, jumping over the exposed pit along the way. The workshop seems vast, and after a little cleanup one of the tables becomes clear to use, having moved aside the strange vials and knickknacks away into the corner. Plump helmet research continues at a better pace. With the plucked helmets being poked and prodded and their seeds removed for the next generation. But the sprite hits a snag in its research... The next generation needs to be planted, and he cant get back up to the farm anymore, the cliff is too high to get back up. Oops. (80% done treehome, 32/200 research progress)

Shigon, Shigon mines, miines his heart out. But first he passes out, abruptly. Shigon loses track of time, and mines on min min min miney mines. (+12 rock)

Furtuka captures bats!, or at least attempts to, it is a catastrophic failure when he accidently kicks a rock down the chasm. but he finds out they are carnivorous as a horde of bats flow out of their rift, their tiny shrieks echoing down the halls. Furtukas flesh is bitten repeatedly as he is chased down the hall and into the water but in his flailing he struck a bat with his necromantic book against the wall. He emerges an hour later and decides to try something else. His necromantic book is still good, the water slides right off. He proceeds to study its cryptics writings, it is time consumeing but he deciferes the clues to 3 seperate powers he could learn with enough research.
Furtuka then stays up all night, teaching raargh the meagrest basics of necromancy, he has no talent at it, but the student is eagre and learns a surprising amount. (+1 dead bat, +16/200 necromancy research)

Raargh chases demon, the hellwolf around as it tries to avoid him, but no animal can stay angry at raargh for long, his hellwolf follows him again but resignedly once Raargh passes out again facedown on the streambanks. Its mood changes though once raargh finds a few spongy peices of wood and builds Demon, the hellwolf, a doghouse. Demon is a happy pet again, it was the thought that counts, since he soon sets it on fire with a sneeze in its sleep. In the middle of the (under)night Raargh and Furtuka study necromancy, the book is an adequate tool for the task, and Raargh learns some of the fundamentals of necromacy, though he is still far from ,learning a spell. (16/200 necromancy research progress)[/i]

After steeping from the portal, the mysterious, nameless illithid, walks among the rest. He begins the day by helping Shigon mine, kneeling down and throwing loose rock over the shoulder with both hands and several more face tentacles. In the underevening, The Illithid hunts for brains, sniffing the air for a hint of delicious brains. Shigon has a brain, Rahal too, and Krikclik, Raargh, almost too many to count. But finding himself down the cliff, he makes his way to the workshop, where he is drawn to an intact brain in a jar, pickled for preservation, theese 4 lobes will do.....for now.... .Eventually the thing meditates, gaining the benefits of sleep without the vulnerabilities.

Rahal, the gargoyle, takes time to rest, sleeping, and goes about figuiring out a way to increase his bare handed damagge. he coems up with a few ideas, he could get some weapons that do not take up his hand, such as fist-wraps, or a spiked gauntlet or cestus, even fist-wraps would work since he can enchant them. He searches for some cloth to make hand wraps for, seems like he might find something in the Lab. He searches, and finds a bolt of cloth suitable to making the wraps. He makes the wraps working on the floor, it takes a while and wastes nearly the entire bolt of linnen, but he makes some hand-wraps that can in the future be enchanted.

Sly, finds a spot on the bare floor to sleep on. Refreshed, he goes about catergorising the items in the laboratory...[/i]
To finish the day, he overbears the broom, and receives a sound thrashing in the process, nearly breaking his collarbone. once pinned, he talks to it for a while, but finds a fine engraving along the handle, nearly invisible to sight. It says "mellon" and the word, once spoken renders the broom docile once more. What triggers it to attack however remains a mystery. It also says "sweep" presumably that causes it to go around and sweep.

Krik-click wields his knives, and goes out to explore in no particular direction. He goes to the lab, and goes for the locked door to the east side. He is drowsy but his will carries him on. The door is locked, but rot has eaten away the bottom third of the door. it is a simple matter to crawl through the the dark hole and reach the other side. Sensing danger he begins to sneak. Revealing a wooden bridge, it is rotting also, krikclick goes along the ropey sides in case it breaks, but his light frame manages its way across. In the next room it is very dark, but the foreboding form of a giant toad encompases nearly the entire room it seems. The Toad statue is massive, and it has a wide open mouth that stares into an infinite plunge down its gullet. Its eyes glisten once when krikclick enters the room. The room otherwise is overgrown with verdant but sinister plants and vines, a steady drip drops from the cieling. In particular a fungal growth takes up the space in front of the staircase, it trembles and seems to breathe in and out. A stone cauldron sits in front of the toad statue.
     Krikclick explores further and his keen senses detect trouble, despite the darkness. He suddenly realises he is basically walking into a death trap. The cieling drips with blood, the strong vines constricting the eyeballs out of a giant ratlike creature, the faint light is enough to reflect off of hidden eyes melding into the shadows, waiting for a vulnerability, the fungus in the corner is very prominent probably no good, and the evil gaze of the toad statue is little comfort. He backs out of the room slowly, taking care not to brush against any of the vines. Perhaps some reinforcements are in order. he sleeps instead.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:54:28 am by Hastur »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2011, 01:39:33 pm »

Can, I like, spend the day breaking the crawlers mind to my will?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2011, 03:53:34 pm »

The treehome was nearly complete, for now however, the Sprite's workshop senses were tingling and he departed on a epic journey to find it. He scaled down cliffs. He jumped across vast pits. But finally he found the workshop. There he continued with his research on the plump helmet. But alas, when he wanted to return to the original cave to plant the plump helmets, he realized that he couldn't climb back up the cliff. Well, that was stupid. But one must not dwell on past mistakes but rather work to overcome them! As such he set about growing some vinelike plants up the cliff face so that he could climb up and down it much easier. Before he started growing a vine ladder though, he reaslized there was a ladder nearby he could use. Huh. As such he continued to a small spat with Sly and Rahal over the loot. During the fighting he had neared the Toad room, so he decided to befriend the plants in there and study the room while he was nearby. After that he could finish his treehome, clean up the workshop a bit and continue research on plump helmet that are sentient.

1. Befriend the plants in the Toad room using Plant Ken+Druidry+Charisma. Also study the Toad room to find out what it is exactly.
2. Clean the workshop up. Search to workshop for vessels and containers suitable for growing plump helmet in(possibly the buckets if they survived?), fill them with earth and plant the plump helmets in the workshop and then continue researching sentification of plump helmets there.
3. Complete treehome, using yaddayadda(Unless stated otherwise assume I use fastgrow, plant ken and terrible growth).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:19:54 am by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »

Sly forced the worm back into the pit, then pulled the ladder out.

"That should keep the buggers down there, he thought to himself.

Now I can take that nap."

He let go of the mind leash and left to go back to the lab.

"Maybe when I awake I can find out what all is in that room."

1: Sleep
2: Go though and categorize all items in the lab.
3: Neutralize but do not kill the broom. Look for what controls it. If nothing can be found, talk to it. See if it has a shard of intelligence. Tell it I know how it feels, being abandoned for so long. Offer to let it be a real broom again, we will use this area and it can do what it needs to do. Clean.

Long story short, psychoanalyze the broom and find a way to make friends with it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:47:21 pm by Criptfeind »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »

Research psionic utility powers for all of my actions.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:42:01 pm by rty275 »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 82