Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88078 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2011, 05:51:46 pm »

Day 1 - Underevening

The Minotaur, Rargh, sees his opportunity to tame a new beastie. He snatches a unit of fish and heads over to the waterfall. Carefully, he crawls into the hidden cavern. The beetles threaten Rargh. Rargh cowers down in the fetal position. The Beetles go back to munching on something in the corner. Rargh tosses them a fish. THE BEETLES THREATEN RAARGH AGAIN. Raargh stays back while a beetle snatches up a fish. This process continues until by the end of the shift Raargh has them eating out of his hand. (beetles 80/320 tamed)

The Incubus, Sly, Tends to his wounds and rests, reclining against the bridge.

The Kenku, Krik-Click, Continues fishing. His efforts prove fruitfull and he collects another one unit of fish (+1 seakittens)

The Ghoul, Furtuka, clear rubble, hurling debris behind him and getting a good deal done, nearly reaching the cesspool.

Shigon, The Salamander continues fishing, but it is just no use, he catches no fish :(

The Sprite hunts vermin, ambushing them coming out of various little holes and burrows in the walls. pretty soon he has a nice little pile, in time it becomes more of a mound of dead critters. (+5 Grubs)

The Gargoyle, Rahal, Stands off in a corner, staring out into space. he tunes into the elemental powers that flow through this place. it takes hours to gather the element of lightning. But working uninterrupted he begins to Imbue his axe with a rune of lightning. (50% done, +1 lightning damage, Halves metal armor.)

(Writing third shift...)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2011, 05:55:01 pm »

Guys we will soon have beetle soldiers.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2011, 05:58:23 pm »

I am wondering it would be more effectual to just mind slave them.

Maybe if you can have only one come out at a time find a way to secure it... Entanglement maybe? I bet it would be much faster then taming.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2011, 05:59:27 pm »

I must tame them so they can breed. STAY AWAY FROM MY BEETLES>

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2011, 06:01:02 pm »

I am a incubus, I think I can get them to breed much more effectively then you.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2011, 06:01:53 pm »

Yes, but you can get other creatures let these be my minions, and you can have four of their babies.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2011, 06:03:52 pm »

I am wondering it would be more effectual to just mind slave them.

Maybe if you can have only one come out at a time find a way to secure it... Entanglement maybe? I bet it would be much faster then taming.

(Mind leashing it is not permanent though it must be maintained, its an in battle kinda thing. To get permanent minions you'd have to campture them then use like "Brainwash" or something, then devote shifts to it. Turning enemies on the spot and permanently would be overpowered.)

EDIT: LoL *pictures sly trying to get bettles to get it on with his seductive skills" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XudsvpXh5pI

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2011, 06:36:55 pm »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.........................

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2011, 06:53:40 pm »

DAY 1 - Undernight

Raargh continues training the 2 Beetles, even taking them out of the hidden cavern for a little stroll. (200/320 tame)

Rahal performes elaborate rituals, scratches runes into his axe, and flings mud onto the walls. Finishing his ritual, he holds his axe overhead a glorious Savage waraxe of Lightning! (+1 damage, Halves Metal Armor) It sparks with electricity!

A Sprite, scours the streambanks for usefull plants. It identifies  Spore trees, a few sweet pod seeds eking out living and and a pile of poo with a plump helmet seed or two in it. There is also a significant amount of random cookable mosses and cave ferns, it someone bothers to gather them up and cook them. Other plants include with usefull properties include a thorny weed, a viney rope plant, and a hardshell pod plant.

Sly rests, he has stopped bleeding which is a good sign. He estimates it will take 6 days to heal to full, but 3 days to be able to walk at full speed again

krikclick gathers wood. it is easy going and he picks out the sturdiest peices, but decent wood debris begins to grow a little scarce (+20 wood)

Shigon grabs a stone and drags it stream-side. He faces the least irregularly shaped side up and dusts it off a bit, He grunts in approval. (+1 FisheryWorkshop) This leaves him with a bit of time to try fishing more...........HE GETS ONE. it is not enough for a full meal, but it does look delicious!

Furtuka's feet start sinking into the sludge as he clears the debris out around the corner and closer to the cesspool. Some of these pieces are really wedged in there good, causing small collapses as he goes. unbenownst to him, and beneath his perception, a slimy tentacle slithers through the nooks and crannies in the dark of the jumble of rubble. Furtuka is clearing away when he is suddenly  grabbed by the ankle by a strong tentacle, he immediatly tries pulling it free but it is too late. ARRRRRHHH The tentacle is clawed.

Furtuka is interrupted by Otyugh

BATTLE MODE
Famished Otyugh
Str+8?
Toughness+4
Spectacularly dumb
quite big.
Attacks: maw, at least one tentacle, debris hurl. great reach.
Defences: thick hide, nauseating aura.

*note the otyugh is mostly trapped by rubble and has excellent cover, just reaching it in melee requires some climbing, and the ground is soggy.

Awaiting battle orders...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2011, 08:01:11 pm »

Shigon roars, ready for something he can do properly, and charges to the ghoul's aid. He breathes fire at the otyugh from a distance, but doesn't withdraw from melee range unless injured.

EDIT: LoL *pictures sly trying to get bettles to get it on with his seductive skills" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XudsvpXh5pI
rofl, nice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2011, 08:54:32 pm »

Sly looks at the rock overhanging the cress pool and then back to the wriggling mass that is the Otyugh, thoughts quickly flashing though his mind. “Be the hero, or stay out of physical danger” He looks back at the rock “Be the hero” Then to the Otyugh “Stay out of physical danger” He looks at the rock “Hero” Then the Otyugh “Danger” Rock “Hero” Otyugh “Danger” He looks to the rock “I really should save him… He may be useful…” Otyugh “On the other hand I never liked the undead much.”

“Aw fuck.”

Sly runs as fast as his injured body allows him, the scabs on his side breaking open and the deep red blood that marks his kind starts oozing from the reopened wound.

“Crap ow fuck why am I doing this”

He tries to climb up the side of the pile of rocks that will get him into position to bring the full strength of his legs to bear so he can push the rock onto the horrid Otyugh and save his ally.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2011, 09:00:16 pm »

Rargh comes running with his new pets, and uses them, and the hellhound to his advantage. They together push the rock as hard as possible.
Rargh roars " You will not take my allies life here you will die !!!! " , and begins pushing with all his might with the beetles, and hellhound helping. He turns to the hellhound, and says " Attack the tentacle, and keep it from getting us now go. "
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:02:06 pm by adwarf »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2011, 09:01:21 pm »

*Shrugs* It’s what I do.

Also that brings up the question of when Shigon gains enough power to summon succubi can we start a army of Nephilim, or is that a wee bit beyond the purview of this game.

Edit: That also brings up the question of is there succubus and incubus in this game or are they the same? I was working on the theory they are different… But it is a much more popular interruption they are the same.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:03:31 pm by Criptfeind »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2011, 09:03:54 pm »

Wow this got wierd real fast, but none shall rival my army for I will breed the beetles, and march on all mankind  :-X * Muffled yelling *
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 82