Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88061 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2011, 03:59:43 pm »

“Crap crap crap crap crap!” Thought Sly as he backpedaled madly. “The dumb insects minds are much to Primitive!” He backed quickly though the waterfall trying to put distance between himself and the murderous beetles. He was almost out of the waterfall when his foot twisted weirdly on a slimy rock and he went down hard.

A burst of light when off in Sly’s head, quickly followed by a wave of darkness before he managed to open his eyes. As the world started to come back into focus he realized that someone nearby was screaming for help. After about a second he realized that the someone was him!

He raised his head and looked down the length of his body at the waterfall, mere inches from his toes. He heard the scrabble of the chitiness legs of the beetle and he realized that soon it would burst though the waterfall. Gathering his mental fortitude he readied himself to unleash a blast of pure mental energy at the beast as it burst though, hoping to at least slow it down.

I will start with a Mind Blast to slow down/disorientate/incapacitate the beetle fowllowed by another Mind Leash if the Mind Blast works. If the Mind Blast or Mind Leash does not work I will keep Mind Blasting until the beetle is no longer a threat.

Priorities:

1: Preservation of self.
2: Taming the beetle.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2011, 11:17:30 pm »

I will give this a tentative bump because it has been eight hours and the GM is on now so might as well get this battle over with.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2011, 03:25:58 am »

"Rahal heard a scream coming from an opening leading further into the earth but it was mearly an chunk of flesh screaming probably so he took no notice and continued to clearing the rubble"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »

Sly: Oh god they are eating my legs! MY LEEEEEGGGGGGGSSSSSSS!!!
Everyone else: Do do do, nothing to see here.
Beetles: Om nom nom.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »

the idiot is the most fragile one and did the most dangerous thing, what did you expect?
Quite fucked indeed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »

Yeah that's a pretty fair assessment.

Still, as the best one to quickly grow our slave stock and the best source of variety for said stock I would hope my allies would at least try to keep me alive. Also: Allies.

On the other hand me dieing will not hurt the team too much since the next player in line will most likely have similar abilities.

But, lets hope I don't die and this is all talk eh?

(If I do die you guys should use my body as a zombie. That would be pretty cool. 8))

Speaking of mind slaves, a question for the GM: How long does Mind Lash last, or if permanent is there a limit on how many things I can control?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2011, 12:25:43 pm »

sigh ok: Rahal felt the incubus fear and launched himself towards it crushing anything in his path(including obstacles (if not possible proceed with what im doing).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:29:29 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2011, 12:34:15 pm »

The Sprite throws rocks at the beetles and uses entangle on them.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2011, 02:01:05 pm »

BATTLE MODE

Assassin Beetle x1
Str +0?
weapons: piercing barbed pincers, cutting mandibles.
Defences: Carpace.

Sly runs clear of the waterfall, and turns around to unleash a mental blast. It takes a second of focus, just enough time for the enraged beetle to clear the distance and nearly bite. But Sly unleashes the wave of psionic energy first. (margin of success = 4, Enemy loses 4 endurance) But the wide area effect blast is not enough to render the Beetle unconcious in one blow. The beetles pincers wearily lunge at Sly's groin! He dodges for his life, but the barbed pincers sink into his hip! AAAARRRGGHHH!.

Rahal the gargoyle drops what he is doing and rushes to help. He does nto even bother trying to walk across the flimsy bridge and  jumps up and glides halfway across the river before floundering a few yards from shore. He continues thrashing forward towards the battle.
The sprite looks down from growing moss, and throws a stone. it misses badly. it considers entangling the whole area, but it is unlikely Sly would win a grapple-fest.

Sly's hip is stuck in the beetles pincers, A lesser man would have given in to pain. He momentarily considers trying to get a spell off, but it is unlikely to complete uninterrupted. But with the beetles smaller mandibles chomping at his groin he decides to grapple the pincers and tear them out. AAAARRRRGGHHH! a small sly chunk is still stuck onto one of them. The beetle tries to rush sly and sink its pincers in again! but Sly holds it back. The beetle may bite hard, but it is just not as big and strong as Sly.

Rahal crashes out of the water with a Savage waraxe held over his head. he loses no momentum and nearly dives forward to crash the axe down on the unsuspecting beetles brown carpace. It is a mighty chop, but with poor skill, it misses the center mass and instead wholly severs one of the beasts legs! it flies off in an arc! The Beetle foolishly chooses to deathroll! Ordinarily a brutalizing attack, the stupid beetle merely wastes its turn without being stuck in. Sly backs off, hobbling backwards and uses mind leash! The Beetle is dazed. Rahal brings the axe down with a more evenly measured attack this time. His strength carries the axe straight through the carpace! The beetle is nearly cut in half! it twiches for a second or two and dies. The sprite throws another rock and misses terribly.

(shifts continue in 3-4 hours once i get back)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:05:35 pm by Hastur »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2011, 02:07:09 pm »

Thanks guys, looks like I was in for it there.

You think we should exterminate the nest or try to gain our first minions?

If we want to keep them I think that Rargh will have better luck then me though, maybe you can help us out Adwarf?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2011, 02:13:44 pm »

I must tame them stand back me and my hellhound will tame them.

Spend the rest of the day taming the beetles

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2011, 02:14:32 pm »

get back to the schedule.
Quite fucked indeed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2011, 02:19:49 pm »

I must tame them stand back me and my hellhound will tame them.

Spend the rest of the day taming the beetles

Right, well if you need help give me a call.

I think I should: Spend the rest of the day taking care of my wounds and regathering my mental strength.

I guess we are lucky we found the beetles now as opposed to tonight... after they had killed half of us.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2011, 02:21:55 pm »

I guess we are lucky we found the beetles now as opposed to tonight... after they had killed half of us.

It's dark at any time underground, so perhaps it would be wise to not all sleep at the same time?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2011, 02:24:58 pm »

Coninue with my actions as normal.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 82