Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 87983 times)

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #1185 on: June 13, 2013, 03:37:15 pm »

Miran holds up one hand and goes still. "Big predator eating a kobold ahead in the clearing," she whispers. "It has already spotted us.  It's eating, however, so it might not go after us if we back away and wait for it to leave." Sighing, she adds "Unfortunately, it has wings, so it will be able to outpace us if it attacks. So don't try to run. Not that that would be a good idea with all the traps around here, anyway. On the plus side, all that burnt stuff probably means that the fire demon passed through here and is no longer in our dungeon."

Action: Ready boomerang (or if I didn't bring that, a few nice chuckable rocks) in case the beast attacks. Also take note of the nearest traps and position so that one is between Miran and the beast. (Does she recognise it with rangery skill?)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:40:21 pm by Rask »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 13, 2013, 04:29:28 pm »

Mirran

Mirran holds the sack containing her gear in one hand and readies a boomerang in the other. She positions herself behind a cluster of wooden low spikes, it is her best option, the traps here are numerous but pretty pathetic, they would hobble but none are grand swinging logs or nets.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 13, 2013, 05:24:04 pm »

shift one: return to summoning chamber and move the demon gate into the center of the large pentagram, continue researching mole demons.
Shift two: more research
Shift three: observe imps over at frogshrine for a while then return to eat and sleep.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 13, 2013, 10:45:12 pm »

"Right. We'll wait for it to make a move first. Get ready guys." Ragnar whispers back.

Get in a position to charge the thing if it comes for us, but is sheltered somewhat from any possible ranged attacks. Stay ready.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 13, 2013, 10:57:22 pm »

On the surface...

Mirran Bernard and Ragnar gather together, and sure enough the Nightwing finishes crunching the kobold head in its maw and flies up blowing air and debris in all directions. It swoops towards the group but Mirran hurls a boomerang as it comes in. Her shot strikes it in the shoulder and it screeches a peircing cry and turns away, flying off. after a few moments the coast seems clear. They manage their way to the surface opening... But they can see a new problem. The way back down in blackened, but importantly the vital ropes used to bridge the decaying stairway at a few points have been burned away... The simplest solution would be to jump it. but failure is a deadly fall, alternatively a weaver could make new ropes  for safety in jumping. Anyone could make some rope, but only a weaver or clothesmaker should trust their life to their creation. Or maybe one of them has some rope who knows?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 13, 2013, 11:05:23 pm »

Ragnar shakes his head at the sight of the stairs.

"I'm gonna carve us some stairs the next chance I get. I swear. If none of us have rope, I think we should check out these kobolds or go further up the mountain to those caves to look for some. We might get lucky."

Check inventory for rope.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 13, 2013, 11:09:48 pm »

Oh yes, inside his knapsack, made by request by the now deceased drider, Ragnar fishes it out of his pack and secures it to the climbing spike. now all that is left is to jump, or take any other precautions.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 13, 2013, 11:30:16 pm »

"Heh. Now that's called planning ahead. Here Miran, you seem like the lighter and more capable of making that distance, what with the human being not the real athletic type and me being weighed down by armour. Tie this around you and jump for it. I'll hold yer gear for you."

Tie the free end around Miran and mind her stuff for her when she jumps.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 13, 2013, 11:51:49 pm »

Miran considers the sturdiness of the rope with her meager clothier skills first before agreeing to the plan. "So, if I get it right, I jump over there, then untie the rope and toss it back so the next person can jump?"  She thinks for a moment. "Let me take another climbing spike with me. Once I get to the other side, I'll fix my end of the rope there so you can loosen it on your side and tie it around yourself. That way, if you jump and miss, you'll still reach the other side simply by climbing the rope. We'll then throw the loose end back to the third person. That way, we should all make it over there safely while keeping our rope, too!"

Action: proceed with plan

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 14, 2013, 12:02:51 am »

The role is silk, spider silk at that, made by a drider the rope is good. Mirran has no other climbing spikes, but even better there is already one anchored to the other end. it was used to make the bridge... Mirrans prepares to jump... but she perceives movement from down below... It is a Darkmantle, possibly the same one as before... Peeved, she drives it off quickly with a barrage of rubble and it goes back into hiding. She Jumps...gracefully! and fixes the rope on the other side. The rope is untied and secured at the far end. Then thrown back across with great difficulty, where the next person jumps. Bernard jumps sucessfully, the process is repeated with Ragnar who is terribly sober, and he hurls himself with stubby legs and smashes straight into the overhanging stairs. His foot lands s straight on the end stair and finds no traction, his momentum brings him downward smashing his pelvis on the edge stair... he makes a face and his hands find grasp desperately for a handhold as his balance sends him careening backwards... twisting through the air as he falls, the fall is broken by the safety ropetied around his chest. The shock of a 6 yard fall, due to the requisite running start to attempt the jump, damages his ribs and his entire wheight is directed at his spine.Hurt, Ragnars feels shooting bolts of diffuse pain shot through him and spasm his body, but his enchanted shield masks the pain as only only distant echo. He is hauled up by his comrades and although Ragnar can stand, his body is not responsive and he has difficulty walking, a dull throbbing encompases his being. It is a strange sensation, confusing even. Whether further action will further wear on him is beyond the medical or diagnostic skills of those present. There are still 2 more jumps for the group to make now.*

*(quickly retconned to save the rope supply and presumably not leave a path for others to follow but now needs 3 jumps from each person instead of 3 total jumps)

(Edited for to use a different crossing teqnique.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:58:44 am by Hastur »

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 14, 2013, 02:32:05 am »

Miran ponders, looking worriedly at the injured dwarf.  "Hmm, I don't think it would be a good idea for him to try another jump. All right, change of procedure!"  She points at the next gap.

"I'll still get tied to the rope and jump to the other side, where I attach it. You two don't loosen it on your side and use it as bridge to climb over. Then I climb back to the original side, untie the rope, tie it around my waist, and jump over again. We keep the rope and you two don't have to jump!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 14, 2013, 06:42:19 am »

"That... Would suit me just fine. Let's do it. I need a drink..."

Follow the plan!

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 26, 2013, 02:59:20 pm »

Mirran Ragnar and Bernard return from their foray... They notice there are new rooms, likely the imps doings.

Day 32

Brimstone attempts to move the demon rift but it is there for good, is is stable and there is no known way of easily closing it or moving it. It could be walled up though. He uses his time to reasearch further his mole demons spell. (60/200). Before sleeping he observes the imps at the statue... they throw several items into the toad statues mouth, and gaze intently upon it as if receiving commands or maybe entering a fugue state. Brimstone sleeps

The Mummy gathers reedlike plants from the riverbank and weaves a pair of wicker shields. (+2 Wicker roundshield) it slings it over its back. Then, skipping sleep, gathers silk from above the waterfall and is fashioning it into spidersilk skirt (+1 spidersilk skirt)

The rest who were partying get back to work and farm (+18 plump helmets)

STOCKS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 26, 2013, 07:56:56 pm »

shift one:
concerned that the portal his fellow infernalist had created could spew forth demons at any moment and with the wounds inflicted by the frog demon still fresh in his memory Brimstone quickly draws a pentagram around the demon gate then moves to the original pentagram and continues his research.

Shift two and three:
desperate to gain some sort of defense against future attacks by demons and demon-kin Brimstone gathers every ounce of his mental energy and focuses it all into his efforts researching mole demons

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:32:53 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 26, 2013, 11:14:56 pm »

Ragnar scratches his chin through his beard and turns to Miran.

"Listen. I think we could all use a bit of a pick-me-up after that mess with the demons... Could you mix up some good alcohol for us? Doesn't need to be fancy, but just something to take the edge off."

Shift 1: Smooth out the floor in the bedrooms.
Shift 2: Smooth out the floor around the workshops.
Shift 3: Sleep and dream of alcohol fuelled conquests.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82