Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 87994 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #1170 on: June 01, 2013, 08:49:08 am »

"Right. We'll come back when it's dark. If we can't come back, we'll meet up back at where we came out."

Help bury Miran (not too much for her sake) and disguise her position with some branches and leaves. Mark a nearby tree to remember this spot if it helps, then lead my other companion back to the trogs and quietly scout for their cave.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 01, 2013, 08:53:02 am »

"These plans sound good, be careful, and we'll unearth you when the sun can't be seen."

Also help with the Burying, and follow the dwarf afterwards, keeping an eye out for cave entrances.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 01, 2013, 03:01:52 pm »

...On the surface...

Bernard follows Ragnar, who leads them up the mountain to a series of caves. As they come nearer they discover a small valley with an entire network of caves that stretch out on many levels. Birds nest in the upper ones that can be seen though all the trees. The ground is rockier here but scattered young trees still grow. There are stumps here. Bernard and Ragnar sneak to the closest visible cave entrance, they smell smoke on the wind. They sucessfully sneak up to the first cave entrance, but can hear the repetetive dinks of tool use and decide to sneak to the next entrance. The next entrance requires a bit of scrambling up a rocky hill. Bernard sends some rocks tumbling down. This cave entrance is much smaller, and heads into the mountain and curves away out of sight, it is narrow and winding. The entrance to the cave is littered with garbage, ash and broken bones. From their vantage point, they can see that they are still at the very base of the whole mountain, although they have risen above the treetops of the lowlands. The lowlands are very heavily forested, and some gangantuan trees stick out  near the middle of the swamp. There are clearings in the trees here and there, and Ragnar thinks he can spot where they have come from. Suspiciously there is smoke rising from it.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 01, 2013, 03:16:52 pm »

Under the soil, Miran lies motionless. "Bats, bats. How do they work? See by listening, isn't it?" the vampire thinks. Intent on figuring out the bat transformation, she decides to starts with the ears. Perhaps improved hearing would give her some insight into her surroundings? Ignoring an earthworm slithering past her arm, she focuses on turning her human-shaped ears more similar to those of a bat.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 01, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »

"Hmm... These caves are far more extensive than I thought... We'll come back later. Right now, I want to see what's causing that smoke..."

Head on back and cautiously investigate the smoke!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 01, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »

"Mhm, as do I."

Keep with the dwarf, eyes peeled on the smoke.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 09, 2013, 03:43:55 pm »

At the surface...

Bernard and Ragnar double back the way they came, encountering a trog patrol? coming up ahead. Ragnar slips behind some bushes and drags Bernard with him in time to wait for them to come by. They bring slung meats back towards their caves. Ragnar and Bernard carry on and after an hour or so of hiking around obstacles and avoiding an increasing number of simple feet spike traps... they come upon the smouldering remains of a few trees. They can see the circular opening that they came out from underground and several of the trees around it have been burnt down, but the fires did not spread far at all, it is too humid. Just then, they hear the startling burst of sound as a kobold breaks from his cover and flees into the forest screeching Riiiiii! Riiii! They take a quick visual survey of their surroundings. Trees in every direction, with vegetation choking all the space between, trails of sorts can be seen, where feet have trodden before. Running around is dengerous, even walking too. the area is littered with traps. This seems to be kobold territory, with stick fetishes hanging and carvings of laughing kobold faces graffitied onto many of the trees.

at Mirrans hiding spot...

After approximatly at least an hour, Mirran can hear faint muffled sounds around her, mostly birds, but she picks up soon heavy slow monotonous footsteps that linger somewhere nearby and the cracks of bones or branches soon.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 09, 2013, 04:22:46 pm »

At the dungeon Day 30-Attention: the ladder up to the slime warrens has been burnt away. The makeshift bridge across the pit, and the rope and wood bridge across the chasm have been badly burnt.

Silas Bane The Minotaur Mad Scientist converses with the recently restored gargoyle... "There were demons! It must have been the fault of that other infernalist! Reckless and sloppy! Never call up what you cannot put down. Or maybe not everyone that comes in through the portal is as reasonable as you or I. I should have my own bedroom! Falling asleed in the common room is sleeping with a deathwish!" gathers supplies for his experiments (+120$ experimental materials) before napping and then confronting the undead stranger wandering the dungeon purposfully. "Salutations Bull-man, I greet you as an equal. I do not have much information to share, but you may call me Mnettu. I do not remember much, but my vestments hint that I was a great one... and so it is in my power to be again Heh Heh Heh."

Brimstone sets about carving then enchanting some powerful pentagrams into the dungeon floors so that this kind of thing does not happen again. He finishes with time to spare and secures the area before he can rest, The demons seem gone, there is a burnt ladder and door and bridge as clues to where they have went.

the Ork Maddoc fashions together an Idol as large as any man from stones and body parts and staples, mostly staples. It is piled in the largest room so it can be appreciated by all! it is dedicated to the gods gork and/or mork. It is rocks contained by sown meats and it exudes miasma from the rotting chunks that slough off.

Mnettu Sleeps in its sarcophagus, then constructs leather a leather cuirass working tirelessly. (-1 ratleather +1 Leather cuirass)

Some dungeon imps are seen carving runic patterns into the floor and excavating along with the others. New rooms are being built. Rahal the gargoyle encahnter declares a party in the common room, disturbing everyones sleep

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:50:09 pm by Hastur »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 09, 2013, 09:19:45 pm »

Ragnar scratches his beard and hums.

"Well, now what? Do we head inside or do something else? What do you think?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 09, 2013, 09:53:07 pm »

Shift 1+2: engrave pentagrams in every doorway working from the outside in.
Shift 3: locate imp then eat and sleep.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 10, 2013, 06:11:30 am »

Miran stays underground and continues trying to turn batty. She tries to keep an ear on her surroundings and waits for the soil covering her to grow colder, indicating that the sun has gone down. Afterwards, she will wait a little for her allies before emerging and sneaking back into the dungeon, avoiding demons if possible.

Shift 1, 2: research turning into a bat
Shift 3: sneak home, go to sleep if safe

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 10, 2013, 07:48:07 am »

Um... Okay then. Well, so long as you don't try to kill us horribly, you can stay. Silas takes random biological samples without really looking at them. Now, let's see what I can do.
All Shifts: MAD SCIENCE!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 10, 2013, 08:30:39 am »

Bernard huffs slightly, unused to such steep terrain.

"Well, there's some kind of fire that went off, and judging by the kobold, it wasn't caused by them. Perhaps the demons have left, and we should wait until nightfall, and then reenter."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:26 am »

"Sounds like a sound plan. That way the vamp can help if we get in trouble. Let's go check up on her and then we can start looking for some shelter."

Head back and check up on Miran, then if she's alright start looking for a hidden place to safely camp out until night fall.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 13, 2013, 02:41:03 pm »

On the surface...

Bernard and Ragnar hike back to Mirran. They are pursued halfheartedly by a group of alerted kobolds, but they break off quickly for some reason. They reach Mirrans hiding spot and wait... They hear a fight between animals break out nearby, near the old carcass they left behind. Nothing confronts them but as the sun goes down they can see fires further up the populated mountainside. Eventually Mirran gets out as soon as night falls. and they hike back to the surface entrance. They hear the whine of an injured animal as they travel slowly. Traps grow more dense as they go farther towards their goal. They travel at a snails pace for safety and come upon the surface entrance but it has changed. The area is blackened by fire, and the trees are only burnt skeletons leaving a shard upright. the ground is crunchy as coal and there is nothing but ash near the stairs that lead down, The newly burnt out clearing is only about 50 yards radius. Mirran with her night vision can see a creature here. It is a winged beast, ratlike, with a jackal head and bloody matted fur, 2 horns stick upright and it holds still staring back at the group about 30 yards away while holding a Kobold chunk in its maw.

DAY 31 At the Dungeon. - Imps can be seen working at all hours, they haul, dump, engrave, and some even dig. Their only rest is when they stare for long periods of time at the toad statue in the overgrown chamber. Sometimes they chuck things into its mouth.

Silas performs twisted experiments in the privacy of his own workshop. He takes a the size and firebreating from a hellhound,  the slow regeneration of a grub, the armored carpace and claws of a crustacean and the mandibles and winged flight from an insect to produce a feindish creature! it is not a perfect specimen, but it is magnificent! (+1 Monstrosity -1 wounded hellhound) He ends drowsy after all the work.

Brimstone does a lot of engraving of pentagrams and engraves all chokepoints with enchanted pentegrams. He locates his imp and admires his work before falling sleep.

The Maddoc farms (+6 Plump helmets)

The Mummy makes leather from Kass Duskfurs corpse, and crafts (+1furry demoncatleather Armguards) before sleeping

Rahals party continues, alcohol is consumed and some furniture breaks (-1 bed -3 alcohol)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:29:50 pm by Hastur »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 82