Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 87990 times)

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #1155 on: May 29, 2013, 01:28:19 am »

Miran returns to the others to report her findings. "Nine kobolds in groups of three up and about, six sleeping at a camp with two guards, one guard sleeping in the tree. We are heavily outnumbered, and that's not even taking the traps and tripwires into account."

She stops for a moment to let that sink in. "I also discovered the paths the kobolds are using. If we crawl, we can use them, but visibility will be low. This cuts both ways, of course, so we shouldn't be spotted unless we are noisy or someone runs into us. I suggest we sneak out of this guard post and higher up the hills so we get a better view of the area and can see if some demons follow us. I might have to spend the day under a layer of mud though if the sun comes up."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 29, 2013, 07:07:50 am »

"Right, that sounds good. If we meet any, I might be able to cow them into serving us though, if I make enough of an impression. 'bolds aren't the real stand uppish types. Otherwise, we can just kill 'em and take their stuff for our own use, since they aren't that tough either unless they gang up on us.

If we do fight them, make sure to keep one alive. We can find out more of the surrounding lands from it, and why they are setting up traps here of all places."

Follow Miran's advice and sneak out with her, taking my time to not make any noise, but be ready for a fight anyway. Kill any kobold that's about to set off an alarm.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 30, 2013, 06:18:22 pm »

Day 29 2 imps are spotted running around the dungeon, unusualy active. A new creature enters the dungeon, a mummified undead goat-man, it wanders about wordlessly

The Ork Maddoc practices medicine, first on the unconcious gargoyle lying in the riverwater. Brimstone regains conciousness slowly, but is missing 2 tusks, palmed by the ork. While still delerious and wounded, the ork grafts flesh from some of the other dead with anything but precision, mostly with staples, lots of staples. Brimstone is restored to full health.

Silas Baine the minotaur mad scientist explores his new surrounding and notices many things that could be useful to him, from raw materials to lots of equipment lying halfhazadly about in the STOCKS. additionaly there are many species from which to extract traits from  with his mad science, but for size and strength there are only fellow humanoids and a crippled hellhound to work on. Perhaps nobody will miss one? There is already a mad science workshop even.

The goatman blendec mummy is sees working at the masonry shop. (-1rock +1 Sarcophagus), Then gathers some blocks for a Leatherworkers shop. before getting to work on some goods. (-1 leather, +Ratleather Highboots)

Shigon, the sprite and the others farm (+8 plump helmets)

[/i]
STOCK (-6 food)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Map

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:48:45 pm by Hastur »

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 30, 2013, 06:48:05 pm »

Punch Brimstone in face.

Ya git i save yo life im da boss you da boy see you do as i says see.

Shift one Begin piling rocks and body parts to make idol to Gork or Mork

Shift two finish Idol

Shift three Eat something

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 30, 2013, 06:55:58 pm »

Follow the dwarf and vampire, remain as silent as possible
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 30, 2013, 07:03:20 pm »

shift one: punch maddoc in the gut and take my tusks back then begin warding the area around the portal with pentagrams.
saving my life earns you my gratitude and puts me greatly in your debt, it does not make me your slave and most definately does NOT mean you can take my bodyparts.

Shift two: sneak over to the masons workshop and carve a pentagram blocking the hallway, retreat back to the portal if spotted by a demon.
Shift three: return to the portal to eat and rest.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 30, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »

Elsewhere, near at the surface...

Bernard, Ragnar and Mirran form a plan, they stash all of their armfulls of salvaged gear into Ragnars backpack and a silk sack, and attempt to sneak their way to one of the crawlways and stay out of sight. Not one of them makes an errant sound. The crawlways meander around and under treeroots, brambles, and a decaying log or two, but the group navigate further up the mountain, still heavily vegetated. But the crawlway ends after about an hour of crawling slowly, Ragnar peers about  and it seems they did not make it very far, however the sky at the horizon is a light shade of blue, and only the mountains shadow is preventing mirran from a crispy death at the moment. It is too late to crawl back, but each of them split up a short distance to spot any good hiding places. Ragnar bets that there are some cave complexes further up the moutain, judging by the geography, but they wont get there by crawling in time. Mirran knows she can build a shelter with Ranger skills, but it is only shelter against sun and not curious animals or enemies. Besides thick vegetation the only other thing of interest in the immediate area are the decaying bones and shreds of meat on a not so distant carcass, with the stench stinking up the place depending on how the erratic winds blow.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 30, 2013, 07:34:02 pm »

Oi ya git you throw nice punch yo make betta nob den boy u help me i elp you but iz da boss heres have ya teef (hand back teef) but you dont challenge da boss (punch again not to hurt just to assert dominance)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 30, 2013, 09:13:07 pm »

Scout ahead up the mountain for a cave of some sort for my vampire friend to hide in. Be ready for a fight.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:36 pm »

Silas wanders back distractedly. He immediately regains his concentration when he sees that Brimstone is awake, however. "Ah, you're awake, are you? Excellent! The name's Baine. Silas Baine. 'Mad Scientist' extra-ordinaire. Pleased to make your aquaintance, Mr.?" He blinks suddenly, as if remembering something. "I'm th one who pulled you out of that river, by the way. So, do you mind telling us just what in the bloody hell happened here?"

First Shift: Gather materials needed for SCIENCE!
Second Shift: Break.
Final Shift: Sapproach that goat-ma... thing... person?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 30, 2013, 11:52:34 pm »

Miran stops the others. "Wait, this is less of a problem than it looks like. Just put me in a hole and cover me with a layer of earth. I don't actually need to breathe." She also mixes a few drops of her various potions into a vile-smelling but harmless liquid which she smears over her body. "Just to make myself smell unappetising to the predator responsible for that carcass," she explains. 

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 31, 2013, 01:13:58 am »

Bernard shrugs. "Well, sounds good to me?"

Dig a shallow grave fir miran, and then search for a cave to hide in with the dwarf.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 31, 2013, 05:30:09 pm »

On the surface...

Ragnar hikes farther(further?) up the hill, Mirran mixes a vile potion for herself and Bernard Digs,

Bernard digs with his bare hands, pulling up mounds of duff and rooty ground, he saws through the roots with a flint knife and gets to the red earthy soil. Without an axe, mattock, a pick, or a shovel, Bernard does not manage to dig a grave, just a shallow depression, Mirran could lie in it and be covered, but it would be more of a mound than anything. The suns angle over the mountainrange illuminates the treetops now. Small flying carrion birds gather about the carcass and squack and squable over the remains. Mirran is moistened by a foul concotion.

Ragnar hikes for a few minutes and is kept from bushwacking over vegetation by a narrow animal trail. But he hears beasts approaching, noisy ones and hides low and away. As the group of beasts pass Ragnar hears them communicating with mostly grunts and animalistic snarls. Ragnar does not see them but he estimates there are 3 bipeds using the trail. They leave  powerful stink behind that Ragnar recognises as trogs, savage cave dwelling primitives that few species can stand because of their terrible smell. He is near the caves.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 31, 2013, 09:42:52 pm »

Ragnar quietly backs down the way he came, heading for the others. Once he got there, he got their attention and whispered "I found a trail up ahead, and what sounds and smells like trogs on it. A group of 3 just passed by on it just recently, so it means that there is a cave nearby. If we follow the trail, we will probably find it easily enough.

What do you two think we should do?"

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 01, 2013, 03:01:44 am »

Miran considers the hole and peers cautiously at the illuminated treetops. "It will have to do," she decides before she enters the depression and starts covering herself with a layer of earth. She pays attention especially to coating every part of her body in at least a thin layer of muddy dirt, leaving the others to disguise her general shape with rougher dirt.

While under the earth and unable to sleep without a coffin, she can do nothing but think. One thing she realises is that she is not very good at being a vampire. Little more than a glorified zombie. Where were her nifty supernatural powers? Turning into a bat would have been rather useful, for example. Yeah, she should really get in touch more with her vampiric side.

Action: meditate to train turning into a bat
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82