Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88072 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #1080 on: May 01, 2013, 01:34:09 pm »

'Well that wasn't fun. But the guy asked for bones, and he had bones. that was handy. And that girl who was pinting at him.../... she wanted to catch an animal. this ugrad could do. ugrad knew sheep!'

shift 1: Supply bone, then get sheared :(

shift 2: attempt to help miriam capture an animal.

shift 3: sleep.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:53:07 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 01, 2013, 02:20:53 pm »

Urghghgg, working on another healing circle. At least this time Bernard had a good idea of what he was doing. He soon found out about the infernalist and his.. Possession. Going to the one person who he thought was the best person to ask, he went to the dwarf.
"Uh, dwarf.. I haven't quite got your name, although this wasn't such a social visit. The infernalist, is this one of those... Tales of possession? I seem to remember tales of such things at home from time to time, of dwarves who had just acted mad for a small while, and then produced something akin to a work of a god, legendary items. Is there anything else I should know about things such as these.. I sometimes hear that these tales have darker ends at times.."

Shift 1: Sleep
Bernard slept on the dwarves words, causing a slightly unrestful sleep.
Shift 2: Shear the troll
Bernard looked (and smelt) at the troll, and gave a very unhappy sigh. "Listen, troll. If we don't want our infernalist to flip out and try to kill all of us with demonic magics that would probably cause our brains to melt, Im going to have to just do a bit of shearing. We all need to make sacrifices.."
Shift 3: Continue on that healing circle.
Hmm.. This rune goes here, and then I had to do that last time, so that should be easy to replicate.. Hm, I'll have to make notes on this later, maybe with a leather book or something, allow the other enchanter to continue my work if I.. Lets get back to making this healing circle.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 01, 2013, 02:30:44 pm »

'shear? shearing for sheep. Not while i'm awake.'

aka. get sheared on shift 3.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 01, 2013, 02:49:47 pm »

Bernard sighed, but didn't stand down.
"Would you rather I do it now while your awake, so then I dont cut anything, or when you're asleep, so any errant movement on your part wakes you up, with some nasty scratch. It'll grow back, so just bear with it for a while."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 01, 2013, 02:52:35 pm »

'Scratch? What are...... scratches? But fine. Best be good in end.'

Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 01, 2013, 03:40:40 pm »

Rarrgh shook his head as he pulled himself up out of the coffin, its interior oddly comforting to one who feared such enclosed spaces before but the vampire had changed much when it saved him. He had become something alot stronger because of that, and from the Necromancer's book he had learned much yet he had completed so little due to not having the facilities for his work. With that in mind he set out to gather what would be needed ...

Shift 1: Craft a crude set of woodcarving tools
Rarrgh grabbed what tools there were to spare and set about making the best set of carpentry and woodcarving tools he could manage, there was much he needed to complete for the coming days and these were to be the first to be of use.

Shift 2: Craft a crude set of stoneworking tools, and a pickaxe
Next he set to work on making tools to work stone, chisel, hammer, pickaxe, and more, all tools meant to shape stone & earth to his will. While he was not the best choice to make such things he knew yet the others were busy and he dared not wait for the work he was setting about to undertake was important if he ever wished to see his dreams come true.

Shift 3: Carve a stone door, and place it in the tunnel leading to the cave behind the waterfall.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 05, 2013, 11:36:01 am »

Day 28

Adwarf begins a full set of woodworking tools at the carpentry shop (80$/250 -1 rock) he completes some of the necessary chisels awls and files... Then he works on a full set of stoneworking tools but finds that there already is one at the masonry workshop so he continues on the woodworking toolset instead (160/250), he then attempts to construct a door, and makes a barely usefull one, which he then installs beneath the waterfall. He ends the day drowsy.

Bernard awakens, then gathers wool from the smelly troll (+1 wool)  then gets the other enchanter to help him work on the healing circle (44/200)

Ugrad the troll fishes bones out of the refuse pit safely while being shaved, then assists mirran before sleeping.

Ashemanes asists others, his hand is completely renewed now!

Mirran crafts 3 moxy potions (-20$ alchemy ingredients +3 moxie potions). She heads off to the Tunnels with the assistance of ashemane and Ugrad, after some meandering she reaches the area where she saw a darkmantle earlier. They go through the opening in the wall and enter a circular chamber that goes straight up and down a long ways. Down it ends in murky water and up heads towards daylight. The zone is traversed by means of a wet worn down circular stairway carved out of the rock that lines the outside of the circular room. Some parts of the stairway have collapsed but a system of ropes and spikes have been recently used here and remain here in place. Ugrad Mirran and Mashmane head up this room towards the surface where blood bearing animals would be found. Mirran is halted by natural light that she is not prepared to be exposed to, but the troll and the minotaur continue to the top by managing the ropes. The surface is heavily forested and damp, with pools of mud the only places not teeming with vegetation. Some of the trees around here have been chopped down to create a clearing next to large circular opening into the earth that Ugrad and Ashemane have emerged from. One tilted tree is particular grows sideways over the opening to catch the suns rays. Besides the cut trees, there are other signs of civilization, There is a trail, and there are crude wooden doodads hanging from branches, and a 9 ft tall totem sticking out of a tree stump. The Totem has an animal tied to it, it is an a 4legged Okapi, and it appears to have a wounded leg. Ashemane and Ugrad brush aside bamboo, ferns and vines to seize it. Mirran notices movement in the tilting tree as a few clumps of moss fall from it. Her keen vision searches the tree for danger. The outline of brisling weapons gives away a pair of small camophlauged humanoids. Mirran aims a boomerang at them and they retreat out of view hiding behind the tree trunk. Ugrad and Ashemane are not known for their intelligence and mosey over to the Animal and are greeted by a small volley of darts, Most miss but Ugrad is skewered  in the abdomen and Ashemane is hit in the arm, Ashemanes wound is not serious. Ugrad rushes for the Animal and picks it up but has nothing to cut it free with! He tries to undo the knot Ashemane comes up and burns the rope in two and runs away, stepping and snapping a bamboo spike in the process! Ugrad picks up the Okapi and turns to run off with it. Another volley of darts, even more poorly aimed than before miss completely. They make their getaway but in the escape Ashemane is hit in the foot where his hoof repels the attack and the Okapi takes an arrow. The enemies in the tilted tree cower. Ugrad and Ashemane return to mirran and they rush back to the dungeon in case they are persued. (+1 Sick Wounded Okapi with bad leg). Mirran sleeps.

Brimstone Supplies Shigon with bone and carefully harvested thread. Then constructs a kiln with Ragnars help, It is soon fired up and the fires are stoked and silt from the rivers bottom bucketed in. A pile of raw green glass can now be collected from under the ashes. (-1 wood -1 stone +1 raw green glass)

RagnarBuilds blocks (-4 rock +8 blocks) then erects a kiln with his masonry skills before sleeping uneasily.

Shigon is soon provided with the materials he needs, and he collects them one after the other. (- rock -glass -peridots -mechanisms - blocks -leather -bones). None dared to witness what shigon is up to, but after gathering the materials and piling them beside him, It is sufficient to say that Shigon opens an infernal rift and several formless shapes drip out and surround him and the materials as he enters in. Upon completion, which seems nearly as soon as he steps in, Shigon exits and faints. Following him several demons congeal out of the rift and stretch. The rift is blocked by a rock door now, pressed right up to it, it is exquisitely decorated with peridot and menaces with spikes of bone running in ridges about the door. The largest of the demons pats shigon on the head and then walk about and explore. It is a froglike thing that slides along on its belly greased by a oozing layer of slime, the other has a horned goats head a muscled  and hairless dwarven torso that rests on the body of a scorpion tail and all, The third is a whirlwind of smokeless fire that rises up contained only by the cieling and a gnarly skull that is erratically shaken about by the winds and currents of its central body and 2 skeletal hands that guide its purpose. Shigon regains conciousness, he remembers little

EVENT!!! Several demon are loose in the dungeon.

STOCKS -8 food -2 blood
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:27:48 pm by Hastur »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 05, 2013, 11:57:53 am »

Ashmane meeting a frog demon after his snooze and glad he had put his breastplate back on tries to talk to it respectfully while readying a flare shotgun for if he/she/it attacks
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 05, 2013, 12:12:22 pm »

Miran certainly didn't expect to find demons in the dungeon after getting up. Upon catching sight of one, she mutters “Um, shortest way to the surface is up the ladder!” and hastily backs away in the opposite direction.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 05, 2013, 12:16:53 pm »

'Huh. these odd things. Maybe like sheep? Or maybe talkers?'
ugrad attempts to talk to the nearest demon.
failing this, he tries to tame it.
failing this, he hits it.

Sigtext

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 05, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »

'Huh. these odd things. Maybe like sheep? Or maybe talkers?'
ugrad attempts to talk to the nearest demon.
failing this, he tries to tame it.
failing this, he hits it.

diplomancers together 

bro fist
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 05, 2013, 09:18:55 pm »

Shouldnt my giant pentagram contain them within the summoning chamber?

assist demonic diplomacy and taming attempts with infernalist knowledge, if that fails assist hitting attempts with combust or grapple if they are fireproof.

Completely ignore the fire tornado one.
With diplomacy attempt, do not attempt diplomacy, just translate for the others.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:26:08 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 05, 2013, 11:10:11 pm »

"Ahh, that's not good... Demons are bad news, at least in my experience! Let's get out of here!"

Shift 1: Head to the surface and explore!
Shift 2: Explore more, defending myself if need be.
Shift 3: Explore more!

Make sure to take my armor, targe and weapon. Also a stick of charcoal and something to draw a map on so I can map out the surface as i go.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 05, 2013, 11:24:06 pm »

"Uh, yeah.... Hey, dwarf please dont leave me behind!"

Shift 1,2,3: Explore with the dwarf, bring own claimed weapons/armor.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 06, 2013, 01:26:56 am »

guys I think this Is like a battle in that every one posts one action that takes place over a minte or less
rather then the 8 hours per shift actions
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 82