Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88076 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #1050 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:42 pm »

Day 25

Raargh drags himself from his coffin and finds the abandoned corpse of a hobbit invader and drains it of any remaining blood, then he returns to his coffin to rest. he fails to recover any health but does research (162/200) his new corpse puppetry spell. So far it will allow him to clumsily animate maybe a group of the dead for a short time, but it still requires his concentration.

Mirran sucessfully makes healing powder (Healing powder+2 +80$alchemy materials) and skillfully applies it to the various wounded for maximum effect. (-5 healing powders). Her exploration down reveals the narrow stone steps that end in a rockslide in to a small cavernous area. She climbs down but there is no light here (-1 glowstick) The glow of her alchemical stick reveals a network of crisscrossing roughly hewn tunnels that she explores, but gathering down here is terrible with hardly anything but minerals to find. Through the tunnels she finds one of the walls ends at a masonry wall, there is a hole in it eventually that reveals a circular pit ringed with broken steps. Then, Mirran is ambushed by a dreadful creature chargin through the air from the darkness, but her perception is keen and she readies her boomerang and turns to face it!
Mirran is attacked by a darkmantle! A floating creaure with membraneus wings that smothers its prey
Mirran throws her boomerang! She breaks a bone and the boomerang ricochets off! and is lost down the Pit, it splashes into water.
Darkmantle descends in an all encompassing grapple, forsaking all defences! Mirran leaps to the side, but not far enough she is enveloped! and immediatly bitten in the head! The sharp beak latches on firmly and blood pours over his vision. She is being smothered!
Mirran bites back! her viscious fangs do terrible damage and she latches on firmly!
The darkmantle releases its grip and tries to break free! it flies back clumsily to percieved safety but mirran is still latched on! She is dragged through the air!
Mirran pushes off, taking a peice of the darkmantle with her as it careens down the pit. She was almost dropped down a cliff!

From the dangerous steps she can see indirect daylight from far above, this circular room reaches the surface. Mirran heads back it is dangerous to go alone. (-6hp -1 healing powder +6 hp)
She rests and recuperates back at her coffin.

Ragnar Drowsily gathers reeds from the riverbank and weaves them into rope he makes some but it is it frays apart after a test yank. afterwards he heads downstairs, and sees mirran scrounging for alchemy ingredients as she heads down a tunnel. Ragnar goes a different way and passes a pool of water in a corner, and beyond that finds a gatehouse carved from the rock walls, it is barred by an iron barred door but he is nearly falling asleep on his feet so he heads back so as not to pass out in unexplored lands, he mutters to himself about his dissapointing willpower.

Bernard the enchanter recharges his healing wand, he makes excellent progress, later there is a floating orb (no wait octahedron) that has been wandering around that standsby and pulses, it seems to amplify his enchanting and the task is done even faster. (healing6 feathered magewand w/2charge and 260/480). Finally he begins another enchanted healing circle to lay the wounded in and ends the day drowsy.

The floating octahedron that otherwise defies description, goes from person to person, filling them each with vivid rapid imagery of a sphere of mostly horizontal slashes in the air, outlining...something. The most contiguous section covers the top side, and looking at it gives the sensa— DENSITY LAYERS— and leaves a gritty taste in your mouth. The middle section of the sphere is more complicated and comes off mostly a— ORDER MOTION REACTIONS— and the very center gives a tactile sensation like looking into facing mirrors throughout your entire body. However, the side mostly facing you is like the top bu— LOCKED—t it makes this phantom dripping sound too. The bottom is the most compli—TIMED CHAOTIC—cated, twisty, and it gives flashes of seeing the idea of 'missed steps in darkness' mixed with flitting emotions of something very cold rushing through your guts, pushing you back. Some of the farmers feel drained of energy, but they are useless and nobody cares

Ashemane rests heals some and is then fully healed by mirran as she slowly applies healing powder bit by bit, with patience she makes efficient use of it all and ashemanes severed forearm tingles a bit but is unresponsive. He gets up and about and gets some help in making himself a bow from a unit of wood, with Kass and Rahals input, they manage to work together and build a warbow for ashemane but he cannot hold it! (+1 Ashmanes Warbow) he ends the day drowsy.

Brimstones chants echo though the dungeon and he summon a nether imp! it then assists him in making a summoning chamber while he makes the furniture at the masonry workshop. (+1 summoning altar +1 Summoning basin) he then sleeps on a pedestal in an alcove he finds in the common room.

Smj the troll berzerker mostly spends the day idle, sniffing and eating a plump helmet, lounging by the southestern bridge and staring at the crystaline obelisk for hours.

Shigon smiths himself a helmet and equips it! (-1 iron +1 Peaked Scale helm)

HP's at end of day
Rahal12/13
Shigon9/10
Raargh12/15
Ashemane12/13 (Severred arm)

STOCKS -2 blood -8 food
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:52:46 pm by Hastur »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 31, 2013, 11:58:35 pm »

Shift 1: sleep
Shift 2 and 3: work on fixing my arm
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 01, 2013, 01:33:21 am »

Brimstone
Shift One:Construct summoning room complete with pentagram
before dragging the altar and basin into the summoning room Brimstone gathers a hammer and chisel and sets to work carving a large pentagram into the floor that takes up almost half of the room itself so that it may never be accidentally broken.
Shift Two: Research "summon mole demons"
with his workspace now constructed he calls for his familiar and draws on its modest knowledge of the burrowing demons to accelerate his studies and better understand how he might devise a ritual to summon and control them.
Shift Three: Eat/Sleep
knowing that to become overly tired or starving himself would prove detrimental to his research efforts he collects some of the sweet pods his minion has gathered and feasts on them before returning to his pedestal.

Imp
Shift One: farm sweet pods.
Sent by his master to gather food the nether imp rushes off to the farm he spotted earlier and begins gathering sweet pods.
Shift Two: Assist in research
drawing on his life in hell the imp informs his master on all aspects of the mole demons he can remember; their size, appearance, behavior, intelligence and most importantly to the imp... their diet and how not to be a part of it.
Shift Three: do something helpful.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 01, 2013, 01:42:17 am »

change in actions
Shift 1: sleep
Shift 2 to 3: help Mirran anyway I can like gathering materials or making something for her also ask if she can make a regeneration potion

((Rask IC ask anything to get Ashmane to do it))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 01, 2013, 03:15:24 am »

Miran looks up at the Minotaur and scratches the back of her head. “I don't think you'd be able to recognise the plants I need for my potions, so, hmm... well, I did just lose my boomerang. Perhaps you can make me a new one?”

She ponders a little. “I don't know how to make a regeneration potion. Yet! I can look into researching it, if I don't have to catch my own lunch. Hunt me something with blood, please?”

---
Shift 1:
Miran decides to sleep in after her adventure the day before.
Action: Nap

Shift 2
Well-rested, Miran heads back up into the slime warrens to search for ingredients, carrying a stone pot with a lid. She builds a trap for slimes, just as she had done once before. Maybe one of the acidic, gooey things will climb into the container to get at the earthworms wiggling within while she collects herbs and more grubs and insects. Once she has enough, she returns to her lab to prepare more healing dust.
Action: Collect ingredients, make healing dust, trap a slime if the opportunity arises

Shift 3:
In her lab, the vampire spreads traces of her healing dust into depressions on the table before her. She adds more ingredients, creating various experimental concoctions. The vermin she collected earlier is professionally dismembered, still wriggling, and dipped into the various brews to observe the various healing effects. Miran uses a piece of soft rock to write on the wall behind her as if it was a blackboard in order to keep track of her research. She should probably write down all the recipes she already knows, she ponders.
Action: Research regeneration potion.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 01, 2013, 04:42:15 am »

"Hmmmm " after talking to Miran I go down to make a boomerang(shift 2) and then hunt for some bats or other cridders wearing the iron breastplate in case I run into anything tough (shift 3)
My Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 01, 2013, 05:22:10 am »

This adventuring didn't seem to work like sheep. Maybe he had to put a bit more effort in. That coffin was odd wasn't it? And the waterfall looked interesting too. And those obelisks too....... Ah well. He was Ugrad Herdson, and he had tended his calns flocks single handed for years. that made him a hero. Right?
Investigate and open coffin
Hit obelisks
Climb waterfall to origin
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:24:35 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 01, 2013, 05:31:28 am »

Investigate and open coffin
I just expect
(creak)sees Adwarf(*PUNCH!!!!*)
My Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 01, 2013, 05:50:14 am »

Rargh punches Ugrad Herdson when he opens the coffin and shuts it back.

Shift 1: Sleep
Shift 2: Research Puppetry
Shift 3: Research Puppetry

(You'd be right hellhound :D )

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 02, 2013, 10:09:52 pm »

Ragnar stumbles back the way he came, eventually arriving at his bed and collapsing onto it, snoring loudly in the next few seconds.

Shift 1: Sleep

Shift 2: Look for more suitable materials that could be make into rope and won't break.

Shift 3: Same as above.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 03, 2013, 01:01:39 am »

Shift 1: Mine more rooms. Focus on getting myself a personal study first, with a personal bedroom attached. Dig down a level or two if that makes spacing easier.

Shift 2: Keep digging.

Shift 3: Rest.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 13, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

Day 26 Clue

Shigon takes the mining pick and clears out some room, assisted by an imp (+14 stone, transfer 1bed from common room to shigons bedroom) Then sleeps.

Ragnar rests, then tries to make rope again, the material will do, so would leather or iron chain, but his weaving skills are nonexistant and his coordination leaves something to be desired yet he tries his best. He completes a short section of rope and gives it a test pull but it unravels. he tries again though and this time he assembles some trusty rope, tested with his full bodywheight. (+360wt. thin reed rope x260yards=78lbs)

Raargh sleeps with little disturbance, then continues his research (178/200 hours)

Ugrad the troll wanders about poking his nose into things, including raargs coffin, hidden beneath the waterfall. he recieves a surprise punch for his trouble and then interacts with the portal crystals by bashing them with his bone greatclub, nothing happens, so he hits it harder, to no effect. in his spare idle time though, he does notice movement underneath the refuse pit and the pit, could be worth investigating later. the refuse pit seems to consist mostly of cloth scraps and bones, with a faintly rotting smell emenating. and the pit is about 4 yards deep with rubble lying along the bottom shrouded in darkness. He finishes the day by exploring up the waterfall, he grips the slippery rocks and crawls to the mouth of the opening, he must leave his greatclub behind as he has no spare hands to hold it. he goes inside the dark fissure andkeeps his head down. it is tight in places and the current pucshes him back, but he is a strong enough climber, even submerging and going underwater when the cieling becomes too low. The webs grow denser and he discovers a decaying corpse here, wedges amidst the rocky protrusions, it is mostly just a skeleton but he recovers a bolas and a necklace set with turqoise (+bolas +turqqoise necklace) Further up however his luck runs out and he pisses off an infestation of army spiders that call this cave home. In the dark they are hardly noticed untill they are on his flesh, Smj reacts quickly and doges into the water, but the large spiders dont seem to mind being submerged. he crawls back as speedily as he is able, but wracked with pain he climbs back down badly and is carried downsteam by the water and over the waterfall. He falls with sickening wet thump onto the shallow muddy rocks and folds akwardly breaking a few ribs and several vertebrae. But smj is hardy and willfull and manages to keep his wits about him and not lose conciousness and he clutches underwater at the riverbank and hauls himself into raarghs sleeping chamber beneath the waterfall. He lies there in pain for at least 6 hours listening to his bones regenerate and snap back into place. He is sore but healed and he ends the day drowsy.

Ashemane the one armed minotaur sits down and uses his armory skills to craft 4 boomerangs, that will fly straight and true! he dons the breastplate (Claim breastplate) and hunts critters he finds, consistsing of 2 purring maggots and one segmented riverbug (+segmented riverbug remains +2purring maggots remains) Then he sleeps

Mirran sleeps and recuperates, and assembles a slime trap, with live bait. She gathers 320$ of alchemy materials and checks her trap on the way back, but it has been broken, She detects clues as to what happened, the smeared ichor inside says that her bait was physically eaten and not dissolved, so maybe just bad luck. She ends the day researching and after some brainstorming she has a breakthrough and tests out her prototype regeneration potion on Ashemane, His stump scabs peel off immediately and fresh grown begins to slowly protrude like bamboo. She notes its effects and ascertains that it will guarantee healing each shift for a day cumulative with bedrest and restore lost limbs and other extremeties. (+320$ alchemy mats)

Brimstone begins carving out an enormous pentagram in the largest unclaimed room. once completed he sits in the middle meditating and researching a spell with his pet imp. he makes eager progress (16/200 summon mole demon research) then sleeps while his imp smoothes stone walls elsewhere.

The others tend to the faintly glowing moss, illuminating a greater area

STOCKS -2 blood -8 plump helmets
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Smelter
Engineering+1
Rock Block
Rock Throne
Common room
lightstick
wood  bed - Bernard
wood  bed - Kass
stained wood bed
wood  bed and Healing circle
wood  bed - ragnar
wood  bed - Amadaeus
worthy pedestal - Rahal
stone cage
Carpentry Workshop+3 bonus
3 blocks+2
stool+1
SCIENCE! Workshop+1bonus (for use with the mad science skill)
Rock Table
Enchantery+1 bonus
horrendous cabinet
Shoddy Table
Shoddy Chair
Alchemy Workshop +1 bonus
Rock Table+1
Kitchenwares (+1 when cooking)
Mason Shop+3 bonus
Toolset+2
Block+1
Overised 7ft cabinet
Forge workshop
Iron Anvil
Shigons Study
Shigons Bedroom
wood bed - Shigon

Everyone is fully healed by the end of the day
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:41:36 am by Hastur »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 13, 2013, 07:15:16 pm »

time for a attack I feel but thats up to the GM
shift 1: sleep
shift 2+3:practice with the long bow after leaving the great bow on Adwarfs coffin help Adwarf practice if he wants to learn how to hit his targets

(would Adwarf get a bonus to learning by being taught by a more experienced marksminotaur)
My Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 13, 2013, 07:38:50 pm »

time for a attack I feel but thats up to the GM
shift 1: sleep
shift 2+3:practice with the long bow after leaving the great bow on Adwarfs coffin help Adwarf practice if he wants to learn how to hit his targets

(would Adwarf get a bonus to learning by being taught by a more experienced marksminotaur)

(I already have the mighty longbow dude, and the stacks of arrows. Hastur just forgot to change those to my possessions. Also I have no desire to learn marksmanship at the moment, I have other projects to do first.)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 13, 2013, 07:57:50 pm »

Shift 1: move altar and basin into summoning chamber, research mole demons with imp
Shift 2: more imp assisted mole demon research
Shift 3: eat and sleep, have imp farm sweet pods.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82