Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88057 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2011, 03:23:23 pm »

(( Your in the game right, then just talk or suggest stuff in OOC ))

(( I think we need to divert the water away from the portal, so there is dry ground underneath it instead of water ))

I am the only one that thinks that is a good idea ?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2011, 07:57:26 pm »

I'm fine with water underneath the portal. We probably aren't going to be porting in fire elementals any time soon, and it's at worst a minor inconvenience otherwise.

Plus, it'd probably be a huge pain to do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2011, 09:06:23 pm »

Plus, if anything hostile comes though we will be at a advantage.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2011, 08:29:30 am »

Meep?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2011, 11:29:42 am »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2011, 11:35:03 am »

T-800 Terminator - Bzzt!
Predator overpowered
Xenomorph - Boink!

Pyromancer- sometimes you just need to blow things up

Firstaid Diagnosis, Bandaging
Surgeon - Bonesetter, Suture, Surgery

Ooh. If I die I'm so going to roll a haunted door pyromancer. Because I can.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2011, 11:41:28 am »

Firstaid Diagnosis, Bandaging
Surgeon - Bonesetter, Suture, Surgery

Those are some silly joke skills.

Anyway I am opening up interviews for the position of 'mind slave' on team Criptfeind, if you are interested take off your tinfoil cap and bonk your head against a wall until your will is at -2.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2011, 11:46:16 am »

*Firmly clutches his tinfoil hat to his head*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2011, 11:55:24 am »

I deem you Not team player.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2011, 02:59:40 pm »

Day 1 - Undermorning

Rargh the minotaur, looks out to the turbulent waters submerging the portal and sees the wet spray of an apparent hole in the bottom of the pool. Just to make shure, he wades in and the currents tug at him, trying to pull him under. But rargh is a strong swimmer. He clings on the the caveside and approaches close enough to see the wide open drain. It is more of a channel of sorts, almost perfectly square and probably manmade, exploring it further would be foolhearty though. He swims back.

KrikClik the Kenku, Glides over the water, his reflexes and keen perception help, and with time, he snaps at a fish and cuts it in half. Oops. He continues and ends up collecting several fish, more gently,  its enough for a full days meal.

Shigon the Salamander, stands beside the streaming water and prepps his claws for some fish grabbin'. He is discouraged at first, then the attempts turn to hours, untill he spots a fish floating down peeking out of the whitewater with the stupidest look on its face. He snatches at it. But it turns out to just be a severed fishhead. maybe it is just bad luck, but his lack of skill at fishing is apparent. The wily little fish are fast. Some tools of some sort would help. he has time to think about it, His Intellect would say a net, a fishing line, bait, a trident, would all help.

Furtuka the ghoul, Explores the surroundings. He investigates the bridge. Its is made of old wood, it is nearly at the point of breaking, multiple people on it at a time would be bad. He investigates the island in the stream. It seems a large amount of debris  has piled up in the eddies here. he investigates the debris island, combing through the pile. He casts aside slime, vines, and pebbles untill he reveals part of a barrel! It is sealed. He spends the rest of his shift digging it out. it containes some old crystalised honeycombs! 20 units worth.

The Sprite goes about reducing the darkness level with its spells. The scattered patches of glow moss begin to spread across the walls and ceilings over time. (darkness penalty here is now only -3). The moss begins to compete and crowd out the other clinging funguses and the area is now only merely gloomy.

Rahal the Gargoyle, walks the perimiter, and the waterfall is too treatcherous to navigate up, and the drains are really probably just certain death, he determines that clearing the rubble is the best way out. and begins clearing rubble and throwing it into the stream.

Sly the incubus explores. He wanders over by the waterfall. It comes out of a narrow horizontal rift and cascades down. It is not entirely filled with gushing water, the upstream could probably be explored with climbing gear and a small frame. He peers into it and notices the faint smell of corpses in with the other smells. It takes him a bit but there seems to a hidden opening behind the waterfall. He braces against the water and kneels down to enter. It is very dark. Inside he can make out a small natural cave, and also 3 moving creatures, but it is too dark to see clearly. They Hiss! Sly nonthreateningly makes some cooing noises to lull them. His eyes adjust a bit and he can make out 3 Assassin beetles - Dog sized carnivorous beetles with mandibles underlying vicious barbed pincers, known for sneak attacking people in their sleep. Presently they pick over some bones and snap them in their mandibles.
A FIGHT HAS BROKEN OUT
    The Beetles rear up and threaten Sly!  Sly's seductive voice seems to have no effect, they are very dumb! The Beetles charge forward!Sly steps inside and stands up, posing dramatically! The creatures Turn tail and run! They scurry Into the dark recesses of the cave, but they have nowhere to run. Sly raises a finger to his temple and uses Mindlash, but it is too dark to make good eye contact., one of the beetles panics and becomes enraged! it charges the threat! Sly retreats back out the waterfall, but between the waterfall, uneven terrain, and his own bumbling he is far too slow. He breaks out of the waterfall with a slash on his backside. One beetle chases him out biting blindly.

Shift 2 will continue once the fight is resolved
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:12:49 pm by Hastur »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2011, 03:06:54 pm »

what about me?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2011, 03:08:13 pm »

what about me?

(WOOPS
Edit; ok your in, sorry its not better yet, but you havent enchanted your thing yet.

On a side note I need to determine how i will handle advancement. ADvancement is how often you get skillpoints and perks.  Options I see are.... One skillpoint every x days ... you keep track of your own hours spent doing something (approx 2-4 hundred hours = +1 skillpoint) ... advancement based on roleplaying ... Advancement through combat and overcoming challenges.

personally I like a skillpoint every 10 days, and perks gained based on roleplaying. because i want to encourage roleplaying as much as possible. (im terrible at it but i am amused by others))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:20:04 pm by Hastur »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2011, 03:14:21 pm »

thnx
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2011, 03:43:06 pm »

Small advancement by role play with most of the advancement coming from overcoming challenges and the passing of time.

But, I believe that the best way to handle challenges is to make it so it is spread all over the group, so if I win this fight will the beetles everyone gets a equal amount of advancement, maybe not enough for a true upgrade for just three beetles though. That way we will all stay roughly the same power but also be encouraged to help each other. I personally dislike it when though luck someone gains much power, like what if I was to keep stumbling on encounters and soon I am way more powerful then anyone else? That is no fun, thus the staying together.

As for the passing of time I think a ‘point’ every three days (or whatever, I don't know the paceing of this game.) sounds okay, it can represent us feeding off the power of this realm and/or getting used to it. That even gives us a reason why we came here (other then the war) and why other fiends want to come.

Role play would be lightly rewarded, never enough to create a great gap in power, just enough to encourage it.

Advancement of skills though use is a giant pain in the ass and does not work if you want to gain a higher usage of a skill but the lower usage sucks. So I would leave that out.

As for advancement I would think something like you need x+1 number of ‘points’ to advance and x is the number time you have already advanced. When you advance you can learn an new ability or upgrade an old one, gain a skill point or two, and every couple advancements add to one of your stats.

That is how I would organize it if I was running the game, take the suggestions at will.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:45:07 pm by Criptfeind »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2011, 03:48:42 pm »

personally I like a skillpoint every 10 days, and perks gained based on roleplaying. because i want to encourage roleplaying as much as possible. (im terrible at it but i am amused by others))
That sounds alright.

Criptfeind's is a bit more elaborate, but largely the same deal.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 82