Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88092 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #1035 on: March 26, 2013, 11:50:26 pm »

back up charge the spell with the best to hit (I have no idea which) fire if he comes close other wise grab my arm and leave the battle
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:52:10 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 27, 2013, 12:45:17 am »

“Keep it quiet out there!” Miran shouts from her coffin, her voice muffled by the wood. It still smells of her sticky herb concoction. Blech. She needs proper rest because she has another day of brewing and training ahead of her.
Shift 1: Ignore infighting, Rest

Miran defiles the corpses of the fallen enemies, extracting some gall here and some brain fluid there to use for her concoctions. Things like stomach acid and the likes are surprisingly useful for certain tasks. She returns with her harvest to the alchemist lab.
Shift 2: create 1 molotov potion, 1 darkstick, after that healing dust as time and ingredients permit

Severely annoyed by her companions wasting their health with infighting, Miran works off her frustration by chucking her boomerangs at cavern vermin indiscriminately.
Shift 3: Train Throwing

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 27, 2013, 02:58:59 am »

Huh. So the cave did lead somewhere. This could make a change from watching the goddamn sheep. It couldn't hurt to head in a ways could it?
--------
1 hour later:
Lost. Hastur never did have a good sense of direction. He was a troll after all. Born in the shadows under a bridge and then kicked out to look after sheep. No better than a cyclops really. But oh well. There was some light at least. A suggestion of torchlight. Could be from anywhere really, but why not follow it along a little. Better than sheep at least. But where to go? Ah well, right first. then left if that fails.

Explore - head right
Rest
Explore - left
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:02:01 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 27, 2013, 09:00:40 am »

Shift 1 (if I live) get some help for my arm to hold it while I use my first aid skills
Shift 2 continue fixing my arm if i can other wise sleep in the healing bed
Shift 3 continue healing then when fixed practice with the other bow
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52:01 am »

Grab the bow and arrows and walk away to my cave.

Shift 1: Devour any blood I can find from the corpses of fallen enemies.
Shift 2: Sleep/Rest
Shift 3: Research Puppetry

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 27, 2013, 12:01:29 pm »

Waitlist please.

Jixiu; Minotaur Mad Scientist
Intellect +2
Charisma +3
+2 Engineer
+1 One-handed
+1 Two-handed
+4 Mad science
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 28, 2013, 07:49:40 pm »

On the bank of the river Raargh staggers forward while Ashemane puts some distance between each other, “Keep it quiet out there!” He retrieves his arm floating along the bank of the river and he gets help to first aid it. Ochita and Ashemane struggle to stop the bleeding for a time but it is soon under controll (-2hp ). Raargh staggers over to the bow and retrives it and his arrows but soon passes out and collapses. He is dragged to his coffin by an imp and fed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Day 24
Bernard, at full health, takes it easy today sleeping and relaxing before recharging his healing wand magically, his efforts redoubled. After much chanting and sprinkling of fairy dust, it is 320/480 of the way done to regaining a charge, Rahal then aids his enchanting work *CRIT* getting up from his sickbed and restoring an entire charge to the wand in some kind of fever dream state before slumping in a corner mumbling irresponsibly (feathered healing6 wand with +1 charge and 320/480)

Ragnar the dwarf warlord puts the wounded rahal onto the enchanting healing runed bed, before working on another mining pick, but without guidance his creation is flawed, and upon giving the pick a good test swing it bends, useless. He melts it back down so as to not waste iron (-1 wood). Afterwards Ragnar prospects, using his mining skills and knowledge of geology he ascertains that he could strike copper if he dug a mineshaft straight down between 25 -75 levels down. or strike silver 50-100 levels down or strike iron 100-150 levels down or strike gold 200 levels down maybe. he would need enough rope and an assistant to dig a mineshaft. and he estimates he could dig 2 or 3 levels down per shift by himself and more with an assistant to haul away rock. Furthermore Ragnar wipes away some mud from the encrusted walls and discovers onyx to the north exposed, and signs of limestone further up the river. Finding gems would be dumb luck while mining by a miner skilled enough to recognise one though. The waterfall is not safe to approach though, it would require climbing gear.

Mirran sleeps restfully, and then makes +1molotov +1darkstick and +60$ alchemy ingredients leftover. Her training progresses well in throwing and she returns a cave bat as well, juicy. (90/100 to boomerang familiarity, 90/200 to allover throwing skill up)

The troll berzerker explores his new territory, His immediate surroundings are dominated by an underground river, originating in a waterfall to the west and draining down 2 holes. The easternmost hole is has the majority of the water being swept down it rapidly, the other whole flows more gently down a steep narrow crevasse, One could imagine somebody thrown in getting wedged in and drowned. The river has muddied the banksa great deal, the walls too even, The river contains small wildlife and grey dismal reedlike plants. On the uneven ceilings there is dimly glowing moss here, with some patches missing as they have been transplanted to other rooms. The river has a wooden bridge crossing over it, it is a rickety water logged rope bridge with boards layed periodically across it. Finally the river contains a set of 3 obelisks that protrude from the waters near the shore, their crystaline shapes function is unknown. On the banks of the river there is a farming area covered in newly laid mudd, with plump helmets growing there in various stages of maturity. To the east is a low cielinged hallway with 2 branching rooms and cluttered with workshops. One side room is empty and smoothed, another is rough and contains many wooden beds, one with a large pulsating rune below it. To the westof the river there is a waterfall emanating down a steep crack in the cieling and then falls apruptly to the river itself. Hidden behind the waterfall is a small cavern with a coffin and a few clay bottles littered about. The waterfalls origin is climbable but a person could slip and go tumbling down many rocks the farther one goes up to the opening. The opening is just tall enough for a dwarf to stand in at its tallest points, but is dark and crowded with cobwebs along the cieling. To the south of the river is a natural open area, with some open pits in it, one seems to have once been used as a refuse pit and it gives off a strong smell. The other is free of all but some rubble that comes off the lumpy and crumbling sides. There is a chasm shaft here with signs of batlife stuck to the walls, and a view down makes a fall look fatal. There is also a ladder that goes up, this ladder leads to some sludge warrens teeming with life, but it is dangerous to go far alone. The sludge warrens get wetter the farther one goes. TO the far Southeast there is a bridge that crosses  a chasm rift going up and down, the bridge is dangerously anchored and braced to the chasm walls with suspect wooden poles. The bridge leads to a room dominated by a huge toad statue, the walls were once all covered in tiles but now lie mostly as rubble on the floor. The tiles cover up the uneven rough walls that are littered with holes that are mostly covered up by fungus tendrils that could be mistaken for vegetation, they seem to grow and reach towards the toad statue. There is a large basin in front of the toad statue. Beyond the toad statue lie some stairs down. they go down untill the stairs have crumbled away in a steep rockslide into a cavernous area.

Raarghs body begins to mend in his coffin while he is not conscious, And determined as always, he begins to study as soon as he is strong enough to turn a page on his necromancy book. maybe its the greivous wounds but he is having trouble concentrating and makes subpar progress. (154/200 Necro-Puppetry +2hp)

Ashemane does his best to heal his missing arm over time, he attempts to reattach it with his non existant surgery/doctor skill, and his non existant surgery tools, in his non existant hospital. He ends up sticking both ends in the mud and sticking it back on then wrapping it in rags and waving it over the healing bed untill it tingles. He kicks rahal out of the healing bed and rests untill his arm feels better maybe someday. Ashemane is not surprisingly healthy and begins to recover some thanks to the magical runes. (+3 hp) If the healing runes dont heal his severed arm, he could always cast a metal one to deathgrip a bow and only a bow.

Some of the others farm and some twiddle their thumbs (+10 plump helmets)

STOCKS -2 blood -1 olm -1 fruitbat -5 plump helmets
ROOMS AND WORKSHOPS

A new creature has entered the dungeon... Brimstone the gargoyle infernalist is ejected out of the portal violently, but his wings stablize and guide him to safety
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:03:05 pm by Hastur »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 28, 2013, 08:01:39 pm »

Shift 1: Go hunt down those invader corpses and devour the blood if any remains. If none does go fish about near the waterfall for fish to drain of blood.

Shift 2: Sleep/Rest

Shift 3: Research Puppetry

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 29, 2013, 06:49:59 am »

Shift 1:
"And OF COURSE everyone had to get hurt all over again while I slept! Seriously, why do I even bother?" Miran is rather displeased with the current state of her allies. Shoulders slumping, she walks off toward the ladder that leads to the slime warrens to find more healing dust ingredients, muttering under her breath. She keeps well away from the water.
Action:Make healing dusts.

Shift 2:
Having just distributed her healing dust to the injured, splitting it up as evenly as she could, the vampire stalks out into the main cave. Perhaps she should train more? Oh, who is she kidding. There's never enough healing dust. She walks out past the giant frog into the tunnels, searching for more alchemical ingredients, her boomerang hanging from the side of her bikini bottom. Perhaps she'll be able to toss it at lunch, at least.
Action: Heal the injured, then go out gathering. If something relatively harmless and edible shows itself, whack it with the boomerang. Return to make even more healing dust.

Shift 3:
"Night!"
Action: Rest

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 29, 2013, 07:04:25 am »

"Well, it looks like we need to make some rope and gear sometime soon..."

Shift 1: Have a look around to see if I can find anything that could serve as rope, or that I could weave into a rope.

Shift 2: Go explore down the stairs at the frog room. Make sure to take a glowstick or two if it gets too dark to see as well as my weapon, targe and armor.

Shift 3: Explore further!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 29, 2013, 09:13:07 am »

Bernard looked at the wounded, and sighed.
"Can none of you go a day without trying to kill each other? Think about what I and the vampire have to do, always making sure that you dont die."

Shift 1: Work on recharging the wand
Shift 2: More Recharging the wand!
Shift 3: Start work on another healing circle.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 30, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »

{Note: There will be edits, but I sense I'm holding the game up trying for perfection; basic actions are here.}

(
Questions welcome, because then I get to ramble and be more specific...or correct. Also, I always prefer criticism, although I can't promise what I'll do with it.

I will now copy Rask's format, since making another one just to make another one was/is stupid.
)

A still, metallic octahedron, like a glinting piece of alien sky, hangs in the air above the river. It did nothing during the battles, nor the works, and speech passed through it to no reaction. Now it jerks in the air, and with that sound of tortured metal and mutant insects, begins slowly rotating; reflecting different lights and shapes. Then from it, like the sound of an artificer slowly going mad, pours blue glowing fog, which matches the flow of the river currents perfectly...at a right angle to river.

Washing up against the nothingness halfway through the farming patch, the fog forms sprays, and then hard, bright streaks. These twist to neatly outline the rocks, plants, and terrain, before springing into a completely different shape to hang above, like some levitating glass structure illuminated by bright blue light. It might not be malevolence that radiates from these lights, but the price of understanding could easily be mistaken for such. How lucky the ordered ones are that it is only trying to describe their home.

Shift 1: Train Psionics by trying to blast my scouting result into the minds of everyone who spots me (PM).

The inky lights, having spent enough time perfectly still as a helpful trap for errant eyes, rush south in a frenzy of speed, before colliding— fading with the sound of a submarine hatch being mangled shut— where the octahedron's rhythm wanes subliminal. So the soul follows, slow and serene, while the abomination rages through the air and rock, inch by inch, until it reaches {To-do :[ }
Shift 2: Find enchantments to eat, if they're too small to bother with, find mages and eat their mana reserves until full; a explore/test action.

Shift 3: Attempt to experiment on aid Bernard by grabbing his spell, pulling, and placing.

(
Idly spotted this little thing. I haven't double checked that all the appropriate potions have been deducted or anything yet though; still have a lot of thread to read through.)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:14:43 pm by Nivim »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 30, 2013, 06:44:25 pm »

I thought I had skill in first aid  ??? nevermind then
shift 1: rest in the bed
shift 2: put rahal back in the bed then guide the dwarf in blacksmithing if he trys to make something
shift 3: work my arm if I carnt make it move without an exturnal force ask for and use a healing dust if I can make it move start pracaing with the longbow (not the bow we were fighting over.)
My Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 30, 2013, 08:09:21 pm »

Gliding across the still waters near the portal Brimstone idly surveys his new surroundings and with a single beat of his heavy wings he propels himself to the nearest bank casting smoke and tiny embers into the water from his smouldering wings.

Shift one: Summon Nether Imp
Deciding that his new surroundings would be sufficient for the time being he finds a secluded location and begins a ritual that will call his familiar to aid him.
Shift two: construct Stone table and also a chair if there's time, have imp gather stones. Use workshop if available.
With that lengthy and hopefully worthwhile ritual completed he then sets to work building the necessary furniture to create a summoning chamber for himself and sends his minion off to gather the necessary materials while he works.
Shift three: sleep
tired from his recent escape from the nether and his efforts to establish an adequate foothold in this realm brimstone climbs into a small alcove or crevice in a wall to rest and his smouldering body reverts to pure stone quenching the tiny embers that rest upon his body like veins and halting the light but steady flow of smoke that falls from his body like mist.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:56:08 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 31, 2013, 04:46:50 am »

A bridge. well, at least he'd be at home. But those obelisks were interesting too. And maybe then a little bite to eat.
Investigate obelisks
Rest (by bridge)
Eat one of the edible looking plump helmets.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 82