Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Encrusting Cages?  (Read 1081 times)

JimboOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Encrusting Cages?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 04:10:51 pm »

By the way, how to you control what furniture gets encrusted when you order furniture encrusted?  I've had some rather non-furniture objects get encrusted (like ballista parts), which doesn't help me in my goal of building nice rooms for my nobles

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 04:20:54 pm »

By the way, how to you control what furniture gets encrusted when you order furniture encrusted?  I've had some rather non-furniture objects get encrusted (like ballista parts), which doesn't help me in my goal of building nice rooms for my nobles
Construct pimping rooms. At least, that's what I do.

Typically it's a 3x9 room with a bed (designated dormitory), table and chair, a two tile booze stockpile and a two tile prepared meal stockpile, a small stockpile for the item I want as the decoration and a larger stockpile that only accepts the items I want decorated and, of course, the workshop necessary for the task. I then designate the whole area as a burrow and assign a pimper of my choice to that burrow and set the workshop up with the decoration task; since the only valid choices are what's in the two stockpiles, that's all he uses. It works quite well, in my experience. He sleeps and eats in there as well, with haulers bringing him more food and drink as necessary.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 02:34:18 am »

Cages and weapons/armor both suffer from a funny bug like this: you can add to them with metalcrafting...  but not jewelcrafting.  You can only do so many permutations on master-steel-armor-with-gold-trim-in-a-heros-tomb before they all just end up the same, and I think having a a nice piece of ceremonial armor to bury a hero with would be kind of nice...

And also cages.  No gem encrusted cages, but you can decorated them with metal.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."
Pages: 1 [2]