Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: /tg/ succession fort (Open to anyone!)  (Read 8048 times)

Urist McDeeth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: /tg/ succession fort
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 03:55:59 am »

Sup /tg/.
Can you dorf me? :3
I can't play right now, but I like me some writefaggotry.
If you're taking dorf requests, I'd like to be either some useless noble or a soldier.
Thanks in advance, and godspeed, gentlemen.

You have been dorfed, as the wrestler Elpyfo Topgems, who has taken joy in slaughter lately.

elpyfo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 06:33:38 am »

Sup /tg/.
Can you dorf me? :3
I can't play right now, but I like me some writefaggotry.
If you're taking dorf requests, I'd like to be either some useless noble or a soldier.
Thanks in advance, and godspeed, gentlemen.

You have been dorfed, as the wrestler Elpyfo Topgems, who has taken joy in slaughter lately.
Huzzah! Thanks.
I'll be monitoring this thread.
Proud to be part of this horrible lot.

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 06:42:52 am »

Put me on the list. I got the whole weekend.

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 11:14:32 am »

I want to be dworfed as useless noble and die in magma. Call me Ultramarinebro.

Maillor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 04:36:22 pm »

so, how is our Fortress? Someone care to post a status report?

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 05:01:41 pm »

so, how is our Fortress? Someone care to post a status report?
as far as I know, still deeth's turn
we'll have to wait until he's finished.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Urist McDeeth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 08:56:02 pm »

This is terribly embarrassing.

My internet went down for some reason, and the neighbour whose net i usually "steal" has gotten some kind of silly password protection, so i've accidentally passed the time limit. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Here's the save though, mediafire because dffd is acting up: http://www.mediafire.com/?4f0vcte1f35pp1t

The list:
1. ISGC (Completed)
2. Beachdorg (Completed)
3. Maillor (Completed)
4. McDeeth (Completed)
5. Glaivemaster (Current)
6. Marauder Månsson
7. Carl Beard
8. Paul Jacob
9. Servu

So it is Glaivemaster's turn now. I will probably update with some writing and screenshots tomorrow or the day after. Strike the earth!

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 10:21:18 am »

looking through the save and I lol'd at this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
poor deeth

Urist McDeeth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 05:18:06 am »

It doesn't appear that Glaivemaster has noted that it's currently his turn, so we should probably let it pass to Marauder Månsson.

Torkel Månsson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 10:42:16 am »

Hi everyone, new to these forums but been playing DF for a good while now and I like to pretend I'm getting good at it.

Anyway, just downloaded the save and I'm looking around at the fort, quite confusing I gotta say.

I renamed the commander of third squad, an axedorf named Arrith something (now T. Månsson Arrith).

Gonna get to it now then ill post some updates here later.

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 10:50:51 am »

Good to see this thing is still active. It seems the IRC channel is deserted whenever I hang out in there. Might be the weird time zone though.

Urist McDeeth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 01:40:26 pm »

My playthrough was fairly uneventful, so i'm afraid there won't be a lot of screenshots. Anywho:

From the personal log of Urist McDeeth, manager of fortress Twinklepaddles.

Granite:
So, i suppose it's finally come to this. Not that i'm surprised, i knew these incompetent fools would need my help sooner or later. And, i guess now is as good a moment as any for me to be given leadership. All of these lazy dwarves, who just hang around, waiting to be ordered, will soon realize that i will be ruthless to their kind. This fortress will prosper, through the labour of such maggots. I will commence my projects immediately, the prime one will be to reach the adamantine we have spotted deep in the ground. It will be a dificult endeavour, since it is surrounded by magma, but i will succeed in the end.

Slate:
Disaster!

Not only are we almost out of booze, all our barrels are filled with food, and wood is very scarce. I have decided to make some barrels out of the most readily available material, which, in our case, is solid gold. Mining for adamantine has proven more difficult than first thought.

Felsite:
I have heard some disturbing rumors that Urist McDeeth, a dwarf who died to a vicious harpy attack during the founding of the fortress and whose name i have taken (because i like it), has a ghost who haunts the halls and corridors. I hope he hasn't taken offence to my governing this rabble, and taking his name.

Hematite:
I have decided to begin the construction of a magma forge, above the pools of magma below ground. It shouldn't take too long.

Malachite:
This is riddiculous! First of all, one of my metalsmiths told me that he would be unable to get his anvil down to the planned forge, secondly, for some reason, two miners and a baby have decided that they cannot get away from the mined areas! I will have none of it, if they will not get out of that shaft and continue their duty, they will rot, no amount of striking will help that.

Galena:
The first of the miners buckled today, he died of thirst. Serves him right.
I have started seeing peculiar phantoms, at the edge of my eyesight. It is probably just my lack of sleep.

Limestone:
It has reached my ears that the second miner, the woman, has died of thirst. I went down to inspect, and fetch the baby, and when i reached the spot, i realized the reason for the strike. Apparently, there had somehow become a huge hole in the floor, which they could not cross. I wanted to have the one responsible for this executed, but i somewhat realized that the perp would be impossible to find.
The baby was still alive. I considered the situation, and decided that since he would likely not look fondly upon my leaving his parent to thirst and death, he might become my rival, once he grows up. If he ever grows up.

So i walled him in. Dead babies can't kill you.

Sandstone:
The scratching from the walled-off shaft has stopped. I realized that the father/husband of the deceased was still amongst our number, and might be plotting to revenge. He looks grim. I started wondering whether i had the military on my side, so i tried ordering them around for no reason. They obeyed, so i guess i'm safe. I'm having them on standby, should anyone ever grow bold enough to oppose my rule.

Timber:
I was visited by a ghost today. He told me that he disapproved of me killing babies while wearing his name. I told him that he was silly, and that ghosts do not exist. He did not look pleased.

Moonstone:

We came under attack by a fearsome beast, but luckily the militia managed to slay it without any casualties. Our military is horribly competent, so i've decided to cut down on their active time. Better not to anger any of them. I have decided to focus production on gold coins, this way i'll have something to barter and bribe with, should it prove necessary.

Opal:
We are under almost constant goblin attack, and we are suffering minor casualties. I see the eyes of the citizens on me at all time, i think they might be considering mutiny.

Obsidian:

This is the last straw. Even though it cannot reach us, i feel its three-eyed gaze upon me, as i sleep, as i rest. I can't handle it anymore. I just want to count stuff...

...i should have become a farmer, like my father wanted...

Maillor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 02:37:31 pm »

I thought to wait until beach write his summary but I will do it in the next few hours

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 05:00:48 pm »

I thought to wait until beach write his summary but I will do it in the next few hours
something gives me the feeling you would have been waiting a mighty long time for that  ::)

Torkel Månsson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 07:14:50 pm »

I should have the save uploaded tomorrow morning sometime. And I'll compile what happened after that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6