Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some random questions  (Read 679 times)

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some random questions
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:38:46 am »

How do i know if i can or not beat someone? just instincts?

Do all itens when thrown generate the message "X has dodged the spinning Y" where X is target and Y is item or just very deadly weapons? like honeybees

is there any craft besides sharp stone and butcher? the wiki is not very helpful about it, the mods for some reason did not worked when i installed and they realy can't replace something coded, especialy concerning wood cutting

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some random questions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:18:01 pm »

You should be able to chop trees, but as far as I know using workshops in adventurer is still not an option.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:22:12 pm »

You should be able to chop trees, but as far as I know using workshops in adventurer is still not an option.

Not true.  The only crafting options right now are butchery and knapping, but you could download a mod or make your own to give yourself more options.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:39:49 am »

Oh wait no, you can set fire to trees that's what it was.

Good way to let the elves know you're visiting.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:06 am »

On combat...Skill matters, equipment matters, followed closely by sheer luck. Notable exceptions include some of those late new fun stuff, GCS, and Bronze colossi(Unless you've got a fluffy wambler...of course ;)).

It would most likely take Toady some releases before we could get something more to do with adventurers, and do try Deon's Genesis mod if you are interested in crafting things in adventure mode now. Pre-installed packages are available on the official page of that mod.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker