Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Make up fake cheats.  (Read 7945 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Make up fake cheats.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 10:35:28 am »

There's a hidden raw in the distribution that allows one to play "Killer Samurai In Dwarf Fortress".  To activate it, reverse the initial letters of the description and run that at your command prompt.  You'll first get a little 'mini puzzle' which you'll need to experiment with to find the correct solution for your installation, but that and the fake warnings are just a smoke-screen to deter the uninitiated.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 10:37:07 am »

There's a hidden raw in the distribution that allows one to play "Killer Samurai In Dwarf Fortress".  To activate it, reverse the initial letters of the description and run that at your command prompt.  You'll first get a little 'mini puzzle' which you'll need to experiment with to find the correct solution for your installation, but that and the fake warnings are just a smoke-screen to deter the uninitiated.

I remember reading somewhere that there was a hidden game on Microsoft Excel (2004 I think)

EDIT:PCGamer magazine.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 10:51:01 am »

I remember reading somewhere that there was a hidden game on Microsoft Excel (2004 I think)
There was a flight sim and a spy-hunter clone as Easter Eggs in MS products.  Used to play them at the library at school.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 11:07:18 am »

If you type in Komra, demons appear all over the place, all water turns to magma and it rains fire!
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 12:01:13 pm »

There is no actual purpose to this, my group of axers could handle it, but I WANT that Princess!
I'm greatly amused by the lengths you're going to to catch the elven equivalent of a female chairman. Or an elven Marquess.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 12:09:23 pm »

Unlock multithreading: Play as elves for a hundred years while exporting exponentially increasing amounts of rope reed cloth each year, starting with your embark supplies. All but 5 embark points must be spent on rope reed.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:30:16 pm by SlimyMarmot »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 12:30:58 pm »

There is no actual purpose to this, my group of axers could handle it, but I WANT that Princess!
I'm greatly amused by the lengths you're going to to catch the elven equivalent of a female chairman. Or an elven Marquess.
Sadly, the Princess escaped.  Enough of his men were captured that the entire ambush fled.  He no longer appears on the elven civilization's list of people, too.  I am sad...

Maninblack144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »

Unlock multithreading: Play as elves for a hundred years while exporting exponentially increasing amounts of rope reed cloth each year, starting with your embark supplies. All but 5 points must be spent on rope reed.
This is rather easy, since starting with exporting 1 cloth will ensure you only need to export 100 cloth total, something that is easily achieved using the large amount of points you spent on cloth. It just turns into a 100-year all-peasant challenge fort with elves then... my mistake, you're right, impossible.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 01:45:47 pm »

Unlock multithreading: Play as elves for a hundred years while exporting exponentially increasing amounts of rope reed cloth each year, starting with your embark supplies. All but 5 points must be spent on rope reed.
This is rather easy, since starting with exporting 1 cloth will ensure you only need to export 100 cloth total, something that is easily achieved using the large amount of points you spent on cloth. It just turns into a 100-year all-peasant challenge fort with elves then... my mistake, you're right, impossible.
1x2100=1.2676506×1030

EDIT: Even if it wasn't exponentially but linear you would be exporting 1+2+3...98+99+100=((100+1)/2)x100=5050

ps: thank you Google calculator!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:48:47 pm by Dutchling »

Maninblack144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 02:21:18 pm »

1x2100=1.2676506×1030

EDIT: Even if it wasn't exponentially but linear you would be exporting 1+2+3...98+99+100=((100+1)/2)x100=5050

ps: thank you Google calculator!
I know all that, but "exponential" encompasses anything exponential, as the name would imply. If you were to have to multiply the value by itself several times to get the new amount for the next year, that would still be exponential, and choosing 1 as the starting value in that case would lead to what I mentioned.

Furthermore, you're assuming 2 as the growth factor, but that was never specified, thus something arbirary like 1.0001 can also be chosen, leading to having to export 1,01 cloth at the final year.

I was mostly just being nitpicky, though. Playing for 100 years is probably hard enough.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 02:25:48 pm »

100 year fort shouldn't be totally difficult in and of itself.  Leave it running while you mull about other things.  Once you reach the Booze Singularity Point, where you have enough free barrels and enough farm production that you can Brew /R indefinitely, then at that point your fort requires zero upkeep.  Just wall yourself in and wait it out.  The problem is, that's boring, and megaprojects are just too tempting!

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 02:26:46 pm »

I know all that, but "exponential" encompasses anything exponential, as the name would imply. If you were to have to multiply the value by itself several times to get the new amount for the next year, that would still be exponential, and choosing 1 as the starting value in that case would lead to what I mentioned.

Furthermore, you're assuming 2 as the growth factor, but that was never specified, thus something arbirary like 1.0001 can also be chosen, leading to having to export 1,01 cloth at the final year.

I was mostly just being nitpicky, though. Playing for 100 years is probably hard enough.

I figured people would try that logic, which is why I also added:
All but 5 points must be spent on rope reed.

Meaning embark points. Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:29:47 pm by SlimyMarmot »

Maninblack144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 02:38:47 pm »

Until a fey mood goes amiss, and you're not around when that happens. Or when someone dies of old age. Though these things might not happen if you're playing with Elves (no modding expert), ofcourse.

Other than a fey mood failure, you should be able to rig the entire place with waterfalls to ensure maximum happiness, though there's the issue of powering all of those. Reactors would work, but then you're pretty much cheating/exploiting to activate the cheat. Enabling Pump Operating on everyone might do the trick for that.

Maybe.... if you reach that Booze Singularity Point, then make sure it's maintainable by a small amount of elves, you could murder every unneccesary inhabitant and make sure the survivors are all of the same sex, and have all mooded before.

That still leaves the issue of having to export the cloth. That means checking in with it at least once a year, but it also means you can't just wall it off. You'd also have to make absolutely sure nothing can go amiss when you open up for the traders, because a small mistake around year 99 could be catastrophical.

Mid-post reply:

I figured people would try that logic, which is why I also added:
All but 5 points must be spent on rope reed.

Meaning embark points. Good luck with that.
Hmm, that doesn't quite save your point, though. Processing rope reed always returns one or more seeds, meaning you'll always be able to create at least the same amount. Taking the arbitrary growth rate of 1 + 1 * 10^-200 would ensure you'd never have to export any more, and with the never-decreasing amount of seeds, this will meet the requirements.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 03:03:25 pm »

As soon as you hear the music at the title screen, press UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT then A and START  (you have to press it in time to the music).

This will bring up the level select screen.

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 03:08:09 pm »

IDKFA    Gives all dwarves a masterwork crossbow with 30 masterwork adamantine bolts but unlocks all doors and locks all bridges in the down position.

IDSPISPOPD  All dwarves can walk through walls,  FPS drops to 1
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5