Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some strange things that happened to me.  (Read 1673 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Some strange things that happened to me.
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:07:13 am »

So I am a legend. I have slain dragons, a Roc, minotaurs(After I slayed the dragon, the minotaur came to the lair for a visit) and a crapload of elves, goblins, bogeymen and wolves(and mountain goats because I actually had to cross a mountain). So here are some strange things that happened to me:

This strange thing occurred to me when I was fighting some kabolds: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4210/lolcs.png

Another thing that happened was when I entered a fortress and all the people said "Praise children" and "Serve children" or something associated with children.

Something even weirder happened when me and my band of human peasants( :P)  were ambushed by a goblin band that said 'ha-ha-halt in the name of whocares'. I thought I should defend my peasant meat shields BUT I accidentally pressed "k" and was able to talk with the goblins. AND THEY ENDED UP JOINING MY BAND.

Once, I had my band of people(still gave tree peasants left) and I wnt into a shop. AND THEY ALL STARTED ATTACKING THE SHOPKEEPER.
More stuff will come as I play.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:53:06 am by antymattar »

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Some strange things that happened to me.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:35:35 am »

So I am a legend. I have slain dragons, a Roc, minotaurs(After I slayed the dragon, the minotaur came to the lair for a visit) and a crapload of elves, goblins, bogeymen and wolves(and mountain goats because I actually had to cross a mountain). So here are some strange things that happened to me:

This strange thing occurred to me when I was fighting some kabolds: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4210/lolcs.png

Another thing that happened was when I entered a fortress and all the people said "Praise children" and "Serve children" or something associated with children.

Something even weirder happened when me and my band of human peasants( :P)  were ambushed by a goblin band that said 'ha-ha-halt in the name of whocares'. I thought I should defend my peasant meat shields BUT I accidentally pressed "k" and was able to talk with the goblins. AND THEY ENDED UP JOINING MY BAND.

Once, I had my band of people(still gave tree peasants left) and I wnt into a shop. AND THEY ALL STARTED ATTACKING THE SHOPKEEPER.
More stuff will come as I play.

The "twist embedded weapon" is a special action that causes pain to the enemy: wait for your weapon to become stuck in somebody then move in his direction.

The "children" thing is probabily because everybody was worshipping a deity of childrens.

For the shopkeeper your paesants were probabily recruited from a civilization which was at war with the civ of the shopkeeper.

The only strange thing are the friendly ambushing goblin!

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:09:22 am »

I am now running around with a group of humans who worship partying.

Almost like having more dwarfs around.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:33:37 am by Duntada Man »
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:09:52 am »

The only strange thing are the friendly ambushing goblin!

Have you attacked any townspeople or forts? If so there's a chance you've become a hero to the goblin civilization at war with them.

Darkren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 01:45:51 pm »

I took a look at my retired character in Legends mode, and notice that he was both an "enemy" as well as a "legendary hero" of a few civilizations. Something I find strange, since Goblins were still ambushing him quite frequently.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 02:29:23 pm »

Goblins and kobolds attack adventurers even if they respect them as heros. In fact, the more they respect them the bigger the ambush party will be.
This is caused by their [LOCAL_BANDITRY]-tag I think.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 02:44:34 pm »

Goblins and kobolds attack adventurers even if they respect them as heros. In fact, the more they respect them the bigger the ambush party will be.
This is caused by their [LOCAL_BANDITRY]-tag I think.
so your being attack by endearing fans than random bandits?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:21:45 pm »

Trying to kill you is their way of showing their respect I guess.

Seanp888

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy *shrug*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 04:01:24 am »

Trying to kill you is their way of showing their respect I guess.
Its kinda like an arena type thing to the goblins ,
 who ever kills the last best killer
 is the new best killer
and thus every one trys to kill the new one to become the best

Something like this happened when my legendary adventurer died by a goblin
The goblin instantly rose in the ranks of goblin...ness
\  I don't imagine them marching out there in a column and facing the enemy in a phalanx and using traditional footwork and precise blows to disable their target.  I figure they chug six beers, strap up and roll out with the intention of making something vomit.\

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:28:05 am »

The goblin instantly rose in the ranks of goblin...ness

- Zuk kill hummie hero. Is strong, me go clean his spear now.

Yendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 01:47:02 am »

I've seen the friendly ambushes too. If you're killing night creatures and megabeasts it will impress everyone. At some point the hero aspect outweighs the enemy one, and they'll still "ambush" you, but won't actually attack you unless you make a hostile move towards them (but they may still attack your companions). You can even walk away from the ambush with fast-travel. Even if you recruit them, they're still technically enemies, and they'll turn on you if you accidentally bump into them or attack their friends.