Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone in fortress?  (Read 808 times)

Lortath

• Bay Watcher
  • Alway symmetric, alway perfect, alway.
    • View Profile
Anyone in fortress?
« on: March 01, 2011, 11:41:35 pm »

So, at another new adventurer. I start with the usual quest, kill an beast.After defeating an nightcreature with my hammerdwarf. I go to the nearest fort for finding meatshield companions!

I find only bunnies, lot of bunnies. I (naturally) kill some. It an abandonned fortress, isn't anormal...
Now, 3 forts, 3 forts full of animals. No humans, no soldiers. Just rabbies, monkeys, and other stupids animals.

A curse, or something?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in fortress?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 11:43:31 pm »

So, at another new adventurer. I start with the usual quest, kill an beast.After defeating an nightcreature with my hammerdwarf. I go to the nearest fort for finding meatshield companions!

I find only bunnies, lot of bunnies. I (naturally) kill some. It an abandonned fortress, isn't anormal...
Now, 3 forts, 3 forts full of animals. No humans, no soldiers. Just rabbies, monkeys, and other stupids animals.

A curse, or something?
They must of starved or got killed, I've fond a town with shop that were empty.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:50:06 pm »

I've been playing .18 because I've had no luck updating the Lazy Newb Pack to .19, and I'm too lazy to play w/o it.  :P

In any case, I've never found an abandoned fortress or town in this version, but I've heard that in .19 there are certain economic imbalances during world-gen that tend to result in civilizations starving to death on a fairly regular basis, and I think that is what results in the abandoned forts/towns?

Lortath

• Bay Watcher
  • Alway symmetric, alway perfect, alway.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 12:01:48 am »

Yea, i think it that.
All kobolds are deaths at year 4, and only 3 dwarfs civs remains (3 choices at adventurer start).
But damn, these turkeys are savages. Raiding a abandonned fort, and charging me. And now, in an evil forest, zombie turkeys!

That, in some ways, terrifying.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:32:02 am »

Yeah, I find a fair amount of abandoned forts. Interestingly the towns around them are inhabited usually.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:23 am »

In .18 I ran into a town that was dying while I was walking through it, so it can happen.

But yes, .19 is a tough world.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.