Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 486405 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1590 on: January 14, 2014, 04:06:43 pm »

On their stats page there's a list of characters that got the overpowered achievement :
http://te4.org/game-statistics/achievement/damage_6000

edit : though i suspect some tricks for several of them, as i even see some  level 18 inflicting more than 6000 damage in 1 hit ? (and not like Flurry , as multiple added damage does not count for such achievement, it needs a flat 6000 damage)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:09:35 pm by Robsoie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 14, 2014, 04:20:16 pm »

Some of it's not so much tricks as older versions, heh. I've got a level 22 mindslayer on there, from way back when a kinetic spike hit with the force of an angry god due to a bug with knockback (enemies with kinetic aura actually disabling the thing ended games roughly 100% of the time :P). There's probably a few doomed and whatnot from back when they similarly had particular talents that were... slightly unbalanced. Similarly, I think there was a point where the deep bellow boss was giving that out, or something along those lines.

Incidentally, how'd you get to that page to begin with? Does it have that for other cheevos, too?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:22:36 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 14, 2014, 06:12:45 pm »

Well I guess I can always go Arcane Blade/Reaver on an adventurer and do all of the damage.

Also for those evil Zigguranth pawns trying to bring down Our Glorious Leader Linaniil, I found the following :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irOT6PrrFh0

It's Linaniil versus two copies of a certain incredibly powerful Giant Golem.

What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 14, 2014, 06:39:34 pm »

@Frumple
On the main te4 website, go to the real time game stats page :
http://te4.org/game-statistics

You'll see a list of all the achievements, that you can filter by difficulty if you wish.
For each achievement it tells you how many players (or more accurately accounts as i guess some people may have multiple accounts) got it, and if you click you get to the list.

I wish Zigur followers had a way to get to Angolwen in the post endgame, it's highly frustrating that you can't take on that overcheated Linaniil with all your might with a such a character .
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:41:39 pm by Robsoie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 14, 2014, 07:13:51 pm »

Odd. Couldn't seem to find the listing before. Thanks, though.

Looks like, of the four who got the Never There and Back Again, two of them are DG, a third is an impossibility (A cornac arcane blade. That also appears to no longer exist. There's one by the same name, but it's level 6.), and the forth both isn't in the vault and is sharing the same naming pattern that DG was using, which is somewhat suspicious.

Which is to say, basically, no, no one's ever actually gotten the achievement. Current holders seem to have grabbed it either by being DG or running into some sort of bug. Good to know.

Also, if you really want to throw an end-game antimagic character at lils, you can probably get in through debug zone teleportation.
Ask not!
Ask!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 14, 2014, 07:19:11 pm »

That's what i did with an oozemancer, unfortunately as i mentionned in another thread, the oozemancer damage output is not enough to counter Linaniil insane Draconic Body that has its cooldown easily reset each time she teleport (and she does it often).

Oh and she does not care about Silence, despite my oozemancer had insanely high mindpower, willpower and cunning.

Basically to kill her the 6 times you need to kill her (as she resurrect at least 5 times), you need a character that can easily make those 6000 damage by turn , while hoping she's not going to teleport or all your effort are useless.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 14, 2014, 08:03:31 pm »

I was looking on the wiki, and i noticed there was an entry for Luck, something i always wondered if it was making any real difference to improve with the prodigy that gives +40 luck
Gain per points
Accuracy:             .40
Defense:              .40
Critical hit chance:  .30
Physical save:        .175
Mental save:          .175
Spell save:           .175

In addition, each point gives 0.2% chance to not break stealth (same as Unseen Actions), and 0.2% chance to avoid your own AoE effects (similar to Spellcraft).

So the +40 luck prodigy means :

Accuracy:            +16
Defense:              +16
Critical hit chance:  +12
Physical save:        +7
Mental save:          +7
Spell save:           +7
8% chance to not break stealth
8% chance to avoid your own AoE effects

So well, not really usefull as a prodigy at the point of the game you can take it, there are much better ones to get.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 14, 2014, 08:15:52 pm »

Mm. Halflings like it well enough, iirc, though glancing at the code it kinda' looks like the evasion aspect has been decoupled from luck. Bit of a shame, that 100% evasion was sexy. And, to be fair, +12% crit is more than the shalore's maxed out tier two racial. Whether a prodigy's worth five generic points (and a bit extra) is the question, heh.

... but in general, yeah, it's kinda' shoddy. Luck just doesn't do all that much.
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:42 pm »

Ah, thanks for posting that. I'm completely unwilling to invest or consider anything that's not completely explained, and Luck in this game fits. Still seems ... pretty bad considering the other options.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 14, 2014, 09:22:07 pm »

My Thalore Sun Paladin after clearing absolutely everything in the west (i even managed to do graveyard, something i usually keep for after i come back from east ) is not yet at level 30 (damn XP malus) and there was only Reknor left to do, then to the east

Reknor was as boring as usual (they should remove at least 1 level of the 3 completely similar huge ones) and then faced as usual Golbug the Destroyed on the last level.

That boss was destroyed by my character that then took the loot before bumping into that guy that give us the useless message from the king and getting to the portal.
... but hey wait a minute, why was there no popup telling me "Orb of Many Ways" blablabla ?

Looking at my inventory, indeed no Orb at all and nothing left on the ground.
Great, just great, character can't go east.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 14, 2014, 11:43:48 pm »

@kcwong , what level are you , and what race/class are you using to get at that point of the game ?

Higher Bulwark... was level 22 or so when I started exploring the tower.

Here's her character sheet:
http://te4.org/characters/110744/tome/43400623-459d-4d90-b114-ff1c117cfc76

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 14, 2014, 11:55:53 pm »

Odd. Couldn't seem to find the listing before. Thanks, though.

Looks like, of the four who got the Never There and Back Again, two of them are DG, a third is an impossibility (A cornac arcane blade. That also appears to no longer exist. There's one by the same name, but it's level 6.), and the forth both isn't in the vault and is sharing the same naming pattern that DG was using, which is somewhat suspicious.

Which is to say, basically, no, no one's ever actually gotten the achievement. Current holders seem to have grabbed it either by being DG or running into some sort of bug. Good to know.

Also, if you really want to throw an end-game antimagic character at lils, you can probably get in through debug zone teleportation.
How on earth can you possibly get it?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 15, 2014, 12:40:41 am »

The cheevo? Theoretically, getting levels from weaker east stuff and then building up to take down the end game. It's... conceptually possible. It would involve a lot* of restarts, waiting -- hoping, begging -- that the RNG will give you just enough of a break early on to get your feet underneath you. You'd be (probably vainly) trying to prey on the rare low level critter (such as the aforementioned orc warriors, if you can get them sufficiently alone to get a kill in and survive afterwards.) enough times to slowly, painfully, eek out enough levels to attempt something riskier (and mind you, the risk involved in just that is such that for every attempt that actually works, you will likely die a dozen dog's deaths.), and then basically keep repeating the process until you've ground up enough loot and XP (a prospect that becomes much more palatable if you ever reach the point you can comfortably kill orc patrols. Good luck.) to push on through. If a million and one stars align, your every step defined by the RNG metaphorically fellating your character, and you play like a bronzed grecian god of roguelike gaming, you might be able to pull it off after a few dozen attempts. Mind you, that's not counting all the attempts in which the stars aren't aligned. There'd be a lot more of those.

Alternately. Memory. Freaking. Editor. T4 doesn't recognize that as cheating, so it'd come out looking like a legit character. Freeze your HP at max, give yourself infinite everything useful, and go to town.

*This is a grotesque understatement. I would expect at least several dozen attempts before one even started to get through, and several dozen attempts for each one of those lucky runs before you got even middingly further, and then probably several dozen more for each one of those, just for the privilege of getting completely demolished by the high peaks and endgame fight because you're still under-leveled and under-equipped. Many hundreds, probably thousands, of characters later, you might manage to kill one of the end game bosses. And then die. It is a Sisyphean hell of an achievement.
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 15, 2014, 01:20:03 am »

Eh? Is there a limit to the orc patrols even though Breeding pits are out? Once you got high enough you could hypothetically just kill patrols over and over until you got enough random gear and XP to hit whatever power scale you like pre-high peak (he says, as though that's trivial). I still have no interest in doing so.

Looking at my inventory, indeed no Orb at all and nothing left on the ground.
Great, just great, character can't go east.

I would have no qualms whatsoever about debugging myself one if you can do so. Or posting a bug report and asking DG to fix it.

This isn't as much of an achievement as the Temporal Warden, but... my last Stone Warden won. He did yield a few lives to feed my completely pointless early-game vault addiction. I know, it's a terrible habit and the gear is pointless, but I can't help myself.

Nothing that stellar to note except by unlocking stone alchemy at level 10 I had enough gold for 4 randarts AND my Dorf saves, and I skipped a few zones because meh. I got a chuckle at the special dialog option for the randart merchant if you have about 10,000 gold and place an order. Also 2k HP was fun because why not?

Might try something harder next time...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 15, 2014, 01:59:55 am »

Eh? Is there a limit to the orc patrols even though Breeding pits are out? Once you got high enough you could hypothetically just kill patrols over and over until you got enough random gear and XP to hit whatever power scale you like pre-high peak (he says, as though that's trivial). I still have no interest in doing so.
So, on my quick trial run as a cornac Anorthil, the first patrol I ran into was, lets see. Two level 10s, a level 12, a level 27, a level 35, and a level 37. Half of those are boss types, and not just uniques.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 163