Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: tentacles and eyeballs?  (Read 2747 times)

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: tentacles and eyeballs?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »

Dear Armok... I never even considered the smell they might create from feasting of these things.

This is a finely crafted cow patty. It menaces with spikes of eyeball. It is adorned with hanging rings of tentacle. On the item is an image of dwarves in eyeball. The dwarves are retching.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 06:49:44 pm »

This is a finely crafted cow patty. It menaces with spikes of eyeball. It is adorned with hanging rings of tentacle. On the item is an image of dwarves in eyeball. The dwarves are retching.
I just spit tea all over my keyboard and it is all your fault.

Ooh, thanks for the idea, Naxza, I hadn't considered that. To be fair, the undulating grass is pretty cool, just (possibly) a drain on t'old resources. ;)
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 10:51:49 am »

If you listen to the latest DFTalk you'll hear about it. Basically they flash too fast right now, but they wouldn't be hurting your framerate.

So this is the likely cause of the eye-raping vegetation flashes that were driving me nuts? Rather than a technical problem that would warrant reinstalling DF, trying out multiple different graphics drivers, hunting for possible missing libraries, verifying that this also happened in the Windows version under WINE, and as a final resort install a different OS to save one's poor abused eyes? I... this... argh.
Alastar has gone stark raving mad!

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »

Try VBO print mode, I have found it works really well.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.
Pages: 1 [2]