Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Island survival  (Read 5832 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Island survival
« on: February 28, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »

In this game you have to survive (Well more like do well enough to be able to build awesome stuff out of leftovers.) on an island.
The island has trees (brown), plants (dark green), boulders (gray) and another island next to it.
1 square is about 1 square meter.
You crashed in here with your boat (and for some reason you won't ever want to leave).
The boat has the power to generate new people with various talents. (Character creation.)
Doing activities and just waiting around increases your hunger and thirst. Eating and drinking of course reduces it. Your boat has 3 liters of water, 10 fruit and 5 pieces of meat. You lose HP by starving, dehydrating or hurting yourself.
If you want, you can ask me to draw similarly pixelated pictures of stuff up closer. The images are only for decoration and for better understanding what is where and how.
You can learn about stuff through trial and error (Or success too actually.) or by asking me. Be prepared for surprises and don't be afraid to try different things. There are no actual set rules so almost anything can happen. But most importantly of all, have fun!
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: List of learned things (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:49:54 pm by ottottott »

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Island survival
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 02:31:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
Name: Figg Williams
Statistics:
    HP: X*/10
    Hunger: X/100
    Thirst: X/100
Skills:
    Mining:  (0/1XP)
    Woodcutting:  (1/4XP)
    Carpentry:  (0/1XP)
    Masonry: 2 (4/9XP)
    Doctorry:  (0/1XP)
    Herbalism:  (0/1XP)
    Fishing:  (0/1XP)
    Metalworking:  (0/1XP)
    Crafting: 2 (4/9XP)
    Engineering: 1 (1/4XP)

*To be decided by GM
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 02:38:59 pm »

Name: Sir Regis XIII
HP: 10/10 
Hunger: 0/100
Thirst: 0/100 
Skills:
Mining: 0
Woodcutting:  0
Carpentry: 0
Masonry: 1
Doctorry: 0
Herbalism:  0
Fishing: 0
Metalworking: 2
Crafting: 0
Engineering: 2
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:32 am »

Thank you for joining. You can start giving commands to your characters now. I'll even give you a few tips on what and how to do.
You're going to need an axe to chop down trees, a pick to mine boulders and make mines into the ground, shovel to dig dirt. You already have usable wood from the remains of your boat. You can't use an entirely wooden axe or pick. It has to be at least stone. A wooden shovel is OK though. You can pick edible stuff from plants. The lake water is mostly OK to drink. You could start with a shelter perhaps. It's gonna go off of your health after a while if you sleep outside. Don't forget to try loads of stuff. Pretty much anything is buildable. I can already imagine the huge buildings and machines that are going to be on this island.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:23:56 am »

Do we start with any tools?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:27:30 am »

Nope... (If you don't count your basic clothes as tools.) See what you can figure out. Think what you would do in real life. I haven't listed smaller objects on the map but they're still there. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:31:43 am by ottottott »

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:31 am »

*Notices Figg*

"Hail, good sir!"

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 11:57:03 am »

"Hi, there! What might your name be? I'm Figg."
channel = #bay12lb

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 12:10:57 pm »

"Sir Regis XIII, royal blacksmith to the king of England, at your service.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 12:20:34 pm »

"Pleased to meetcha, Sir Reg!"

I look around for something clay-like, and if i find any, i start trying to make bricks, setting them out on boulders to harden. I Make a pile of it beside the boat using a plank as a shovel

EDIT: Changed action
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:27:09 pm by hubris_incalculable »
channel = #bay12lb

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 12:24:20 pm »

Name: Ashsantul Muhab
HP: 10/10
Hunger:
Thirst:
Skills:
Mining: 1
Woodcutting: 1
Carpentry: 0
Masonry: 0
Doctorry: 0
Herbalism: 0
Fishing: 1
Metalworking: 0
Crafting: 0
Engineering: 0
Custom: Architect - Has more than basic understandance of building and planning buildings - 2
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 01:47:25 pm »

Search for vines, and weave them between two relatively close to each other trees. Sleep in makeshift hammock for a bit.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »

I look around for something clay-like, and if i find any, I Make a pile of it beside the boat using a plank as a shovel
There's only dirt covered with grass here, there and everywhere. A plank as a shovel does work though.
Custom: Architect - Has more than basic understandance of building and planning buildings - 2
I'm sorry I can't really let you make a new skill for yourself. I put them in engineering for now as IMO it's very similar to what you meant. You may rearrange your skills if you want. I see why you wanted to use such a skill though. It was the only skill I strongly considered putting in but didn't.
Search for vines, and weave them between two relatively close to each other trees. Sleep in makeshift hammock for a bit.
You find no vines or two trees close enough to use. You could use some grass or leaves to make a rope like thing. Oh, and you automatically sleep at night unless you have ordered differently. (Night happens when night happens for me. If you actually want to plan according to it then my timezone is GMT+2.)

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 02:20:15 pm »

I mix 5 parts dirt, 2 parts grass, and 1 parts water to make a brick-making substance, then form bricks out of it, putting them on boulders to dry.
channel = #bay12lb

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 02:29:38 pm »

Hmm. Then i take one of the smaller rocks and a stick, and using a combination of mud and spit, glue them together into a pick.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6