Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Island survival  (Read 5827 times)

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Island survival
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 04:04:56 pm »

Engineer sounds fine.
Greet the others not even knowing who they are, definately still shocked from the ship crash I gather some sticks and try to make a fire somehow.
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 04:59:05 pm »

Name: Cloud
HP: 10/10     (These
Hunger: 0/100     aren't
Thirst: 0/100     decidable.)
Skills: (5 levels for spending across them all. Level 15 is max. LVL1=1˛XP, LVL2=2˛XP, LVL3=3˛XP and so on. XP can of course be earned by doing that job. You can do the job even with no XP in it but the result will just be worse.)
Mining: 0 (1/4XP)
Woodcutting: 3  (1/4XP)
Carpentry: 2 (0/1XP)
Masonry: 0 (0/1XP)
Doctorry: 0 (0/1XP)
Herbalism: 0 (1/4XP)
Fishing: 0 (0/1XP)
Metalworking: 0 (0/1XP)
Crafting: 0 (0/1XP)
Engineering: 0 (0/9XP)

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:23 am »

Name: Derek O'Connor-Divelbiss
HP: 10/10   
Hunger: 0/100   
Thirst: 0/100   
Skills:
Mining: 0
Woodcutting: 0
Carpentry: 0
Masonry: 0
Doctorry: 2
Herbalism: 1
Fishing: 0
Metalworking: 0
Crafting: 2
Engineering: 0

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 10:13:19 am »

I mix 5 parts dirt, 2 parts grass, and 1 parts water to make a brick-making substance, then form bricks out of it, putting them on boulders to dry.
You get some dirt, grass and water and mix them together somehow. Then you make brick like things out of the mixture and put them to dry. They seem usable but have a bad quality and might fall apart soon.
Hmm. Then i take one of the smaller rocks and a stick, and using a combination of mud and spit, glue them together into a pick.
You grab a rock and a stick and put them together, but it seems that if you hit something with it, it's going to break instantly.
gather some sticks and try to make a fire somehow.
You get some sticks but you just can't make a fire with them.

(I seriously hope people won't leave because of me failing their attempts. It happened to my last forum game.) BTW... How do I make it so that the yellow text says something else instead of spoiler?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:14:57 am by ottottott »

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 01:11:31 pm »

Quit trying to make fire but search for some stones and some material you could use as a rope for making a axe to cut down trees.
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 01:59:57 pm »

Quit trying to make fire but search for some stones and some material you could use as a rope for making a axe to cut down trees.
You get some stones and spend quite some time and effort tying some grass together as a ropeish thing but something seems to be missing...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:02:05 pm by ottottott »

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »

Ofcourse use the sticks I gathered as a grip..

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 11:26:45 pm »

If I have spawned yet, I will promptly walk over to him say this:
"Ye bein a fool! Ye 'ave to do it just right o' th' wind ye be makin' will keep it from startin'."
I then take the fire materials out of his hands and show him how a real scotsman crafts fire.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:22 pm »

Ofcourse use the sticks I gathered as a grip..
You manage to get them together as a really blunt axe. AKA hammer. Maybe if you could sharpen it somehow...
If I have spawned yet, I will promptly walk over to him say this:
"Ye bein a fool! Ye 'ave to do it just right o' th' wind ye be makin' will keep it from startin'."
I then take the fire materials out of his hands and show him how a real scotsman crafts fire.
Yes you have spawned. The 1st post has loads of updating info. Check it often.
You try to make a fire but you fail too. I guess you can't really make a fire using only sticks.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 01:20:26 pm »

I gather any rope-like object and make a fire bow and look for a straight piece of wood with a somewhat rounded end. I also look for a piece of wood that is mostly flat with a small bowl-like depression on it. I then use them to craft fire by wrapping the bowstring around the stick once, putting tinder in the depression on the flat piece, and using the bow to spin the mostly straight piece by pulling it back and forth, creating friction to increase the temperature of the tinder to it's flash point, thus causing it to spontaneously combust, creating fire. Is that detailed enough for you?

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 01:42:34 pm »

I gather any rope-like object and make a fire bow and look for a straight piece of wood with a somewhat rounded end. I also look for a piece of wood that is mostly flat with a small bowl-like depression on it. I then use them to craft fire by wrapping the bowstring around the stick once, putting tinder in the depression on the flat piece, and using the bow to spin the mostly straight piece by pulling it back and forth, creating friction to increase the temperature of the tinder to it's flash point, thus causing it to spontaneously combust, creating fire. Is that detailed enough for you?
A little too detailed... It seems like it would work though... So I guess I can grant you fire! Now what?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 03:56:22 pm »

FInd stone, find stick, make axe, and cut down big tree. OUGA OUGA

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 06:48:10 pm »

I scavenge for berries that are of a duller color, preferably a dark red, off of a plant with no thorns and leaves that are neither glossy nor furry. Attention to detail is great and useful.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 10:02:29 am »

I work hard at making more bricks, and as well as drying them on rocks, i build up a very hot fire and bake the stones in it, kiln fashion
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 12:22:18 pm »

Find stone, find stick, make axe, and cut down big tree. OUGA OUGA
You get a stone, a stick, tie some grass together into rope and put it all together as another really blunt axe. You really can't cut with this. You need to somehow sharpen one edge.
I scavenge for berries that are of a duller color, preferably a dark red, off of a plant with no thorns and leaves that are neither glossy nor furry. Attention to detail is great and useful.
Providing descriptions this detailed doesn't much help. This is trying to force me into making you avoid any poisonous or something berries and only gather the good ones. That would come with a higher level of herbalism. So I either don't follow your orders or I make you seem to have a higher level of herbalism than you actually do. Luckily I don't know that much about plants. So I'm just gonna slightly not follow your orders.
You search for some berries but since your not entirely sure which are OK to eat you have to throw some away.
I work hard at making more bricks, and as well as drying them on rocks, i build up a very hot fire and bake the stones in it, kiln fashion
You make more of the mixture using the same recipe, form into bricks, dry them, then bake the stones in the fire. They start burning slightly and leave you with hard, fragile bricks with a burnt crust.

(Sorry, if I'm some things don't happen like they would in real life. I'm doing this out of my personal experience...)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6