Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Forgotten Beast HELL  (Read 2934 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: My Forgotten Beast HELL
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 12:07:29 pm »

Will the dwarfs cleaning the FB blood be infected themselves?
Soaplent green is goblins!

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 12:33:18 pm »

I don't think so... but I'm not certain.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Squidpalace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 10:39:15 pm »

I might give open caverns another go then, though I agree they are very inconsistent. In the eight years of my fort, perhaps 20-25 beasts arrived. I had beasts set on high in the worldgen so I think that is a few more than usual. As noted above, I think clothes are incredibly important, the cats and children are always the first to go...The systematic bathtubing sounds very helpful too.

Considering the cleanup hack removes syndrome-causing blood, do any of you consider it cheating? I have never used it and am unaware of the extent of it's impact on the game.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 11:57:43 pm »

Dwarfs clean in a 3x3 square around them. So they can clean the contaminant without actually standing on a tile with contaminant.

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 07:48:24 am »

Considering the cleanup hack removes syndrome-causing blood, do any of you consider it cheating? I have never used it and am unaware of the extent of it's impact on the game.
Considering the impossibility to eliminate such a fort-killing threat using conventional means, no, I do not consider it cheating.

As others said in many threads, if we could (d)esignate areas to clean, I'd do it instead.
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 09:49:55 am »

I've never had a mass dieoff from FB poison but then I'm fairly paranoid, I clean my military in a decontamination room and leave the poison corpses in the caverns.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 11:34:29 am »

Dwarfs clean in a 3x3 square around them. So they can clean the contaminant without actually standing on a tile with contaminant.
So they CAN clean up FB blood without being infected, but in practice do they? (Like if you are cleaning up several squares of it at once, will they walk over closer squares to get at farther squares?)
Soaplent green is goblins!

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 04:40:26 pm »

Forgotten beasts are perfect as they are now.

They are a real challenge. Nothing before made me work so hard to defeat them cleanly and quickly.
Or is is some cases. BURN IT WITH FIRE 8)

My only issue is trying to catch the dam beasts. I have a giant toxic purple ape in my caverns. I walled him in to buy me time to set up a clean trap to CATCH him.

My last beast to cause me problems was a giant flying poison serpent that cut the legs of 6 of my strongest soldiers and killed 4 more. The last guy got a killing blow just after losing both his legs.
I called him stumpy. Only one survived the infections and desease spread by the grand beast.

The serpent's predecessor, a biped of sorts, i killed with a 11z fall and 5x5x5 block of wall on his head.

The thing is, before this. Nothing could stop a strong player. That is why. THIS IS FUN!
Art is a Blast
Pages: 1 [2]