Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick questions  (Read 541 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Quick questions
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:12:13 pm »

1. What exactly do all the property tags on a metal mean?
2. Anybody have a guide for workshop creation?
3. I would like to create the job "Nuclear Physicist" to be under the engineering category. How do I do this?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
Re: Quick questions
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »

1. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Material_definition_token
2. I don't know of any, unfortunately. >_<
3. You can't create new jobs, unfortunately.  The best you can do is make the game call Engineers "Nuclear Physicists" instead.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:16 pm »

1 ^ what he said
2 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54004.0 < Makes the workshop graphic for you and writes it in raw format. Then just put it in the custom_building file. Add the name, build labor, build material, and one or two more things that I can't recall at the moment. Just look at the soap makers workshop above.
3 ^ Same

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:20:23 pm »

1 ^ what he said
2 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54004.0 < Makes the workshop graphic for you and writes it in raw format. Then just put it in the custom_building file. Add the name, build labor, build material, and one or two more things that I can't recall at the moment. Just look at the soap makers workshop above.
3 ^ Same
fix'd (why do these forums have an ftp button, anyway?)
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 11:57:03 pm »

Hey, I have a quick question--is it possible to delete or modify stock workshop tasks, such as in the kitchen?  I'd like to modify cooking to require a preservative ingredient, such as salt or vinegar.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 10:14:36 am »

Hey, I have a quick question--is it possible to delete or modify stock workshop tasks, such as in the kitchen?  I'd like to modify cooking to require a preservative ingredient, such as salt or vinegar.

Unfortunately, most default workshop tasks are hardcoded, so you can't do anything to them.