Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38a] goblin invaders killed goblin thief  (Read 736 times)

aha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[38a] goblin invaders killed goblin thief
« on: February 06, 2008, 05:38:00 pm »

Snatcher and invader arrived at the same time and same point. Thief was briefly dispatched by Goblin Lasher and his merry band of 4 Axemen. Is this a bug? Or was there an argument over who gets to ravage my female craftsdwarves?
tail -f -n 10 df_27_176_38a/gamelog.txt

aha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38a] goblin invaders killed goblin thief
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

Ah yeah, forgot to mention that winter of 1051 just started. That means I have no military. Will wall myself in and start shooting at them from the high tower - If I get it built in time. Fun!

aha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

My idiot mason decided to give goblin a decent burial - He's the Bone Collector.
Goblins seemed to ignore him though.. http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-331-38ainvasionstartedonearlywinterof1051

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »

It's the same bug that caused kobold archers to fire on their thieves, I suppose.  I'm not sure why they are doing it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »

The hell? Pages of hostile guards.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

aha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 04:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Squeegy:
<STRONG>The hell? Pages of hostile guards.</STRONG>

i have goblin fortress here - they are guarding MY treasure atm. I did forgot the password though, so I can't get to it.

Nazush Ebsas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:01:44 pm »

Using df_27_176_38c.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

The only other reference I found was "Yeah, This is a known bug."

entity_default.txt

[INVADERS_IGNORE_NEUTRALS]

This behaviour has been mentioned between kobolds too

"000291 □ [dwarf mode][invasions] kobold thieves were ambushed and killed by kobold bowmen"

I'd suspect that the INVADER is ignoring [it's sphere tags], and the behaviour isn't noticed from humans/dwarves/elves because you don't often see them sieging and occurences of those races are far fewer than goblins and kobolds, in my [not so much] experience. Not that the invaders aren't hostile to the dwarves, but that they're equally hostile to anythingelse on the map, so even toggling that tag to invaders ignore neutrals, for goblins and kobolds, would still result in them attacking resident HOSTILES. Because the hostile/invader would seem to be relative to the session, rather than relative to the entities.

No testing, just observation, though I can provide a save where it's the case if needs be, most of the fortresses i've started have included dark fortresses in the grid and everytime seen this behaviour. (from resident goblins vs invading goblins and resdient goblins vs kobolds, never seen a kobold fight a kobold, nor played a map with a kobold cave, so wouldn't know in that scenario.