Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Remove clothes from all non-dwarf entities?

Yes
- 21 (36.2%)
No
- 37 (63.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [graphical: 0.5.0, ASCII: 0.5.4]  (Read 48892 times)

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [version 0.4.0] - NOW LINUX/MAC COMPATIBLE!
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:53 am »

Yes, it seems to be working now. Temporary site hiccup, probably.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [version 0.4.0] - NOW LINUX/MAC COMPATIBLE!
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2011, 09:16:42 am »

Yeah, it seems that File Depot is suffering from those rather regularly.

I got a kind of streak last night, here are some things I have done so far, copied from notepad:

Code: [Select]
v. 0.4.1
   - Changes:
      -> All castes now have own CREATURE_CLASS tag
      -> Updated every syndrome with the new creature classes of dwarves
      -> Restricted most of the noble positions to certain caste
      -> Removed training weapons from entity -file
   - FIxes
      -> Fixed one adventure reaction with wrong skill token (BONECRAFT instead of BONECARVE)
   - New Reactions
      -> Produce large gem from rough gem in crafting workshop (75%)
      -> Reactions to create all training weapons in Weapon workshop
   - Tweaks:
      -> Toned down the whips

I have also considering tweaking the tissue layers of Warrior caste, especially skin, to make them tougher. I have also thought about moving all training weapons to tool -category since that allows me to slap UNIMPROVABLE tag to them. Currently legendary axedwarf can turn training axe to masterwork quality just by training.

Another thing I have been giving a thought is to revamp the Sacred Stone -system. Perhaps producing them from gems should yield two sacred stones and from normal stones only one? That would give more options if the site is lacking gems.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [version 0.4.1] - NOW LINUX/MAC COMPATIBLE!
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2011, 07:13:46 am »

New version is up! I did some fixes, tweaks and changes as well as added few new reactions.

The changelog:
v. 0.4.1
   - Changes:
      -> All castes now have own CREATURE_CLASS tag
      -> Updated every syndrome with the new creature classes of dwarves
      -> Restricted most of the noble positions to certain caste
      -> Removed training weapons from entity -file
   - Fixes
      -> Fixed one adventure reaction with wrong skill token (BONECRAFT instead of BONECARVE)
      -> Fixed the reaction of producing magma-safe mechanisms from metal, which used wrong number in reagen amount
   - New Reactions
      -> Produce large gem from rough gem in crafting workshop (75%)
      -> Reactions to create all training weapons in Weapon workshop
      -> Produce sacred stones from rocks
   - Tweaks:
      -> Toned down the whips
      -> Changed the names of Sanctify Stone reactions.
      -> All duplicate Religion reactions have now the workshop mentioned in name

Note that there is also two new items, called "vellum" and "training book". These items have no use for a moment, those are part of the upcoming training overhaul.

And again, if you find any bugs or problems, please give me a note.

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [version 0.4.1b] - NOW LINUX/MAC COMPATIBLE!
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2011, 07:54:10 am »

Version 0.4.1b has been uploaded!

The only change is the fix of Enable All Metals optional feature as the file didn't contain the changes I had made for 0.4.1. So if you don't plan to use that feature you don't need to download the 0.4.1b version, or alternatively you can just add the following lines to Dwarf entity file:

TEMP REACTIONS

[PERMITTED_REACTION:RHENAYAS_MELT_ILUMENITE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:RHENAYAS_MELT_RUTILE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:RHENAYAS_DROW_MITHRAL_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:RHENAYAS_MAKE_DARKLIGHT_IRON_BARS]

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [version 0.4.1c] - NOW LINUX/MAC COMPATIBLE!
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2011, 04:50:25 am »

Third version of the 0.4.1 has been uploaded!

This time I fixed one annoying duplicate reaction problem, which caused one of the reactions in altar to disappear.
I have also tweaked the population rations a bit as with two fortress, both with over 50 dwarves, I had in total of 12 warriors, 2 holy dwarves and zero nobles.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2011, 07:22:52 am »

Okay, have done some testing with the 0.4.1c and here are the results:

I think the population ration is more or less good for now, as it is now more or less guaranteed that there is at least one adult noble arriving during the first two immigrant waves. Or at lest that's what my 10+ test embarks gave me. Current real ration, as in how the popration shows in fortress, is also rather good. For example, one of the fortresses I used in testing had 97 dwarves, of which 58 were commoners. Of the remaining 39 dwarves 14 were holy dwarves, 15 were warriors and 10 were nobles.

The lesser golems work just as supposed. Those are pretty costy to embark with but one such creature, especially if it's trained to war, can hold out narrow entrance pretty well. The problem is that the lesser golems hardly ever comes unclaimed as pet with immigrants, which means that you have to either buy one stray golem from caravan or embark with one. And so far haven't seen any golems brought by caravans, though that doesn't mean anything yet. But yeah, to fully weaponize golems you must embark with one, then train it to war. The training is required due the high cost (iron war golem was somewhere over 8000 bucks IIRC).

I have also done some tweaks and fixes. First of all I fixed the problem with dismantling furniture. The problem was that there was this [REACTION_CLASS:] tag in the reactions but no such tag existed in materials. It should be fixed now, though haven't actually tested it out yet.

Another fix was with kobolds. I realized few days ago that I haven't seen a single kobold in any fortress as far as I remember since DF 31.25. When I checked the raws I noticed that the kobolds have BONECARN but no NO_EAT or NO_DRINK tags, which are mandatory for any carnivore entity due the flaw in vanilla DF. So I decided to give the kobolds those tags, which means another hostile entity...  ;D

Lastly I tweaked the reactions that produce Sacred stones from rocks. Basically I gave the [REACTION_CLASS:HOLY_STONE] to the reagents in both reactions and the slapped that same tag to all stones that aren't either metal ores or flux stones. In 0.4.1x versions the game could use any stone, which means even ores were used. Not anymore.

Things to come:

Currently I'm working with more reactions to Weapon Workshop. This includes possibility to make several specific weapons from specific special materials, for example hammers from gold or silver or spears from obsidian. I was also thinking of removing the old obsidian sword thing introduced by vanilla game and replacing it with custom reactions to make it work as it should. Axes could also be made from obsidian.

EDIT:
HOLY CARP! I just had a moment when two lesser iron golems and one lesser steel golem slaughtered the whole goblin invasion! Around thirty goblins, three of them being elite, archer, hammerer and lasher. And none of the golems died, though all of them are gravely injured.  :o ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:06:24 am by Kipi »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2011, 04:12:34 am »

I just started a new poll, please take a moment and vote!

So basically, which one of the three graphic packs should I use in this mod? Currently I'm using Phoebus' but last time I tried to update it to latest version I didn't get it work properly. Now, before I'm going to bother myself with all the hassle I thought I just could ask everybody if they instead want some other package? Right now I'm not going to support multiple packs, only one, so please choose carefully.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2011, 04:25:55 am »

The poll seems to be closed or locked.

I'd vote for Phoebus. I prefer the style and it gets updated regularly. While Ironhand and Mayday both look nice, their creators are swamped by IRL and as such, updates for those packs are infrequent. So, I'd go with Phoebus.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2011, 05:02:38 am »

Sorry, the poll has been unlocked now.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [version 0.4.2] - NOW LINUX/MAC COMPATIBLE!
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2011, 07:37:29 am »

Version 0.4.2 is up!

This version contains the fix of dismantling reactions and the lack of kobolds. I also tweaked the Sacred stones production a bit so that no ores or flux stone can be used.

As for the totally new feature I introduce the possibility of making stone weapons. Currently the mod only supports stone axe, sword and spear. What you need to do is to get obsidian, produce the correct head in weapon workshop (axe head, sword blade or spear tip) and the combine it with wood to produce a weapon. The stone weapons were modded to be weaker (yes, completely new weapon entries for each weapon). This feature also contains the removal of original obsidian sword production due the bugs it featured.

The obsidian weapon heads will also have a purpose in the archaeology feature, as you can find those from soil layers. But more about that later.

The changelog:
v. 0.4.2
   - Fixes
      -> Dismantling reactions in furniture workshop should work now.
      -> Kobolds shouldn't die to thirst/hunger during worldgen anymore
   - Tweaks
      -> Producing Sacred stones from rocks doesn't use ores or flux stones as reagent anymore.
      -> Swords can't be produced directly from obsidian anymore
   - New Items
      -> Tools
         * Axe Head
* Spear Tip
* Sword Blade
      -> Weapons
         * Rock short sword
         * Rock battle axe
         * Rock spear
   - New Reactions
      -> Weapon Workshop
         * Produce Axe head from obsidian
* Produce Spear tip from obsidian
* Produce Sword Blade from obsidian
         * Produce rock short sword
* Produce rock spear
* Produce rock axe

Now, this 0.4.2 also serves as release before big update (version 0.5.0) as the next version will require lots of work and not sure how long it requires. Graphical update, archaeology and revised training are currently on top of my To-Do list, and if Toady happens to release new version before I'm done then the update to that as well.

As usual, bug reports, ideas and general feedback would be great.

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2011, 08:00:08 am »

I voted for phoebus' , but if you include his most recent version, with the tileset builder, it'll make everyone happy. With that builder, you can pick and choose different tilesets to use and different options for the style of walls, backgrounds, etc.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2011, 08:04:02 am »

Yes, my plan is to use the most recent version with the builder if I end up using Phoebus'.

The problem is that I have to play a bit with the tileset builder to see if it breaks anything and if it does then in what way and so on. I remember that I got it to crash last time I tried the update, but lets see how things turn out this time.

Of course, if the Phoebus' set comes as most wanted and I can't get the builder to work properly then I just slap the mod with updated graphics but without the builder.

EDIT:
Okay, downloaded the latest Phoebus' pack and found one problem with the assembler already: If you change the unit graphics it will erase the whole /raw/graphics/ folder and replace it with the new set. So that's a feature you can't use with the mod due all the additions I have made in that folder.

The only way to solve this problem is to include the changes for every unit option and if the player changes that then the additions must be copied from separate folder. If I can I would like to avoid that because it will make the size of download unnecessary big.

For the tileset the assembler only edits one file and keeps the name of the file in /data/art/ folder the same so that shouldn't be an issue.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:51:04 am by Kipi »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2011, 09:59:40 am »

Success!!

I think I got the new version of Phoebus' working properly! Quick test didn't result any crashes or entries in error log.

Now, time to start to work with other things...

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2011, 10:25:57 am »

Okay, begun to use Twitter now, as the whole blog concept is a bit too heavy for me. So, if you want to stay on hip of the development of this mod you should check out my Twitter profile.

It's not just about the mod but other things as well, just to note.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:08 am »

Locked the poll as I have already finished the graphical update. As the majority of voters wanted I upgraded to the latest version of Phoebus' pack. Unfortunately there are some problems with the Assembler and thus unit graphics can't be altered through the program.

Pegasus has graphics now as well and I have been experiencing with viking/vampire graphics as well. Neither has been added completely yet.

Vellum production has been added as well as the training books. Yes, there will be several books, one for general job field. The training itself hasn't been implemented yet nor is the workshop where that happens.

There are several creatures waiting for implementation; treant, ancient treant (megabeast/semi-megabeast), wild trolls and several "demonic" creatures. Some of them already have graphics in mind, some don't.

I have finished the planning stage of Archaeology. Some of the items (stone weapons) were included already in earlier version and the way to actually get those and other items from terrain is ready. I still need to decide the style of the workshop related to it before I start implementing it.

When everything in above is ready I will start working with ASCII version of the mod. It will be similar to Lite version and shouldn't be even close to that big in size due all the missing graphical files.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12