Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Remove clothes from all non-dwarf entities?

Yes
- 21 (36.2%)
No
- 37 (63.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [graphical: 0.5.0, ASCII: 0.5.4]  (Read 48901 times)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [version 0.3.5] - NOW LINUX/MAC COMPATIBLE!
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2011, 03:17:33 pm »

It's possible, yeah.  Learning rate 0 would solve that for certain.

I had my first battle with a juggernaut.  He confronted a squad of goblin bowmen and got taken to pieces by silver bolts.  I'm not sure that the bronze skin actually did anything; every attack that hit him went right through.

Edit: I still don't know that they're tougher, but their kill tallies are pretty decent.

However, BUG REPORT:  Vikings aren't flagged properly, or you changed the ethics of the dwarves.  Otherwise, how did I get a stockpile full of Viking Meat?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:31:09 pm by Talanic »
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2011, 12:00:03 am »

That viking meat thing is feature I made several versions ago in dwarf ethics as I made them able to butcher intelligent creatures.

EDIT:
Okay, found out two more bugs. First of all Priests were appointed only by Expedition Leader, and so when you get mayor and if you don't have the priests appointed you loose the possibility to do so. Second problem was with Kirun rune. There was slight problem with the reagent line in the reaction, so no Sacred Stones were required.

I also noticed that the new reaction description screen doesn't make difference between the material of totems/runes, and there is nothing I can do about it. I'll upload the reaction lists today so that no checking of raws is required.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:13:12 am by Kipi »
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2011, 05:02:15 pm »

I have uploaded the first of many videos for this mod onto youtube now

If u would like to check it out here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_xi_0MjOCA
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2011, 08:26:14 pm »

Did you mod bees at all?  Because my fort's Champion just got permanent nerve damage from a honey bee sting...

Edit:  Yeah, that was MY drunk post.  Turns out it was a different dorf of the same name that got stung, right before I started getting job cancel messages from the champion because he'd just gotten out of the hospital.

Also, I plan to edit the Block Factory, renaming it to the Rockery and adding in a reaction for each type of stone: Powder <stone>.  It has no product, simply removing the stone from the game.  Because of this, it also would use - and exercise - no skill.  (Although, I could just give it a very low or 0% chance to make something...that should cause it to produce skill, as implied when the Rune Metals were bugged...the reaction still took time, and non-skill-building reactions don't appear to do that.)

Why?  Because I have a crap computer and I thought it would be better, thematically, than atomsmashing the stone.  It would allow the player to queue it up, put it on repeat, and just forget about it, rather than having to manage quantum stone stockpiles.  Also, this reaction should be pretty easy to make from the current Block reactions, with judicious use of Find and Replace...

If I can manage, though, I'll also make the Rockery require a Quern or Millstone to build...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:35:29 pm by Talanic »
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »

Here is a link to the Playlist my LP Videos for this Mod will be on

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DE1532E2E5F81512

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2011, 08:00:48 pm »

Hello Kipi

Are u still there? I hope u are continuing to keep this mod up-to-date?

I have just made a review of this mod on the initial stuff I have encountered and think of about this mod ^_^

Ult1mara Out

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2011, 05:20:44 pm »

Next video is out if anyone would like to see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTcUJ4C9lK8

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:13 am »

Hi everyone and sorry for long hiatus!  :-[

Rest of the spring went more or less with university stuff, resulting days stretching as long as 20 hours. After that I decided to have extended vacation without computer, so I went and traveled around the world a bit.

So, I'm finally back, fresh and eager to continue this mod. I have to check where I left back then so it may take a day or so, as I remember that I still have some changes unreleased in my old laptop.

Oh, and nice videos Ult1mara!  8)

EDIT: Carp! It seems that my documentation since releasing version 0.3.5 is more or less nothing, so I don't know how much I have tweaked the mod. Two fixes I know for sure, as I have mentioned them earlier in this thread, but otherwise I just can't remember. Nevertheless I'm going to release 0.3.6 soon, today or tomorrow, with the said fixes along any other fixes I have made since last release. I will also include temporal solution for the mithril/etc. material being mandated, so there will be a way to create those materials yourself. The solution I'm going to include this version will stay until I figure out better way to do it.

I have also decided to postpone any major changes (totally new features etc.) until Toady releases next version of DF. This is because it appears that the next version of DF will have some major overhauls in it, so I want to avoid extra work in this matter as much as I can have.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:57:02 am by Kipi »

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Advanced [version 0.3.6] - NOW LINUX/MAC COMPATIBLE!
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 01:30:38 pm »

New version has been uploaded!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
v. 0.3.6
   - Fixes:
      -> Fixed the priest appointing problem where getting mayor could cause priest positions to disappear if not assigned.
      -> Fixed the reaction to produce Kirun rune.
   - Optional features:
      -> Dwarves are now able to make darklight iron, mithral and titanium.
      -> Removed cursed stones from all religion reactions.

Note that there might, and most probably will, be other fixes and tweaks which are not documented. Due the extended hiatus I have kinda forgotten what I have fixed, and without proper documentation finding those out is too much of hassle.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:50 pm »

Will DL the file once I start redoing the Reviews ^_^

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2011, 01:55:10 am »

@Ult1mara

Up to you if you want to review the latest update of this mod, though I wouldn't mind if you wait a bit before doing that, as the last update is quite small one and I have new things coming in next update.

So, I what I have managed to do already is that I updated to latest version of Phoebus' Graphic Set. Have to admit that Phoebus has done beautiful job once again with the graphics.

Next I'm planning on starting to work with adventure reactions, as that feature should have least overlapping with the coming update by Toady. I have also being toying with the idea of making trainable versions of golems. Weaker than natural versions but still formidable enough to serve as decent guards. I will also check if any tags of creatures should be updated, I know that I haven't updated any vermin tags yet.

Man, I just can't wait for the next version of DF, lots of nice goodies there, and the modding potential there might be is just astonishing.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:41 am »

Yep gonna be a lot of funs ^_^ in the next version of DF.

Anyways I wont be doing a vid for ur mod for quite some time tbh. About a week or so.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2011, 08:34:10 am »

I noticed that I never actually explained the two new optional features I included in 0.3.6, so here is a short description of both:

The "No Cursed Stones" module removes the cursed stones from all altar reactions. This allows the full use of the altars without turning temperature on, as there has been few complications with it. The main thing was that, if temperature was off, the stack of cursed stone would accumulate quickly. If the temperature is suddenly turned on, the game either crashes, depending on the number of evaporating cursed stone versus the power of the computer used, or the stones evaporate, causing interesting side effects to all dwarves who happen to be near the altars or gem stockpile and are not immune to the effect. So with this module you can still enjoy the altars without worrying about fiddling with temperature.

The "Enable All Metals" gives the dwarves all the reactions to make the new metals that came with the Drow Mod. This module is for those who want to be able to fulfill all those noble needs which require the metals previously unavailable to dwarves without killing dozens of drows and looting their equipment.

So, it's time to give a small status report of what I have done already for 0.4.0 version:

Graphical tweaks

I have updated to Phoebus' Set version 0.31.25v21. The set also contains an executable, called DwarfFortressConfig.exe that allows the player to configure the graphical look of the game more easily. Very nifty tool by Phoebus!

New Creatures

I have implemented new versions of each golem type. These new versions are weaker than the ones living in wild but can be tamed and trained as any normal pet in your fortress. The golems cost pretty much though, so don't except buying one or two while embarking. While the golems are ready I still need to see if the balance is correct, especially when compared to price.

Adventure Reactions

I have begun working with basic Adventure reactions already, bellow is the list of what will be implemented in 0.4.0. The list may grow, but at least the following reactions will find their way to the mod at this point. Green means I have already done it, red means that it's partially done.

• Woodcutting
  • Mine normal stones
  • Mine economic stones
  • Mine minerals
  • Create resource gathering tools
  • Create crafting tools
  • Weapon crafting
  • Armor crafting

It's good to note that currently there is no way to check the biome in reactions, so the results of mining and woodcutting doesn't take account if it's actually possible to get the resources listed in products. Also the system will be that any axe can be used to cut trees, normal picks can be used to mine normal stones, and special tools picks are required to economic stones and minerals. The normal picks will probably be renamed as "warpicks" or such. This won't affect fortress mode but is affecting the adventure mode.

Also, some of the features in Adventure Mode Reactions will have links to the upcoming archeology feature, but that's something I'm going to deal later.

Sigismunt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2011, 03:28:11 pm »

I have a bug with castes for all dwarves (not only my citizens, but also a trading caravans). So, first fortress was okay with castes (all worked), but in second it doesnt. I started just like always, choosing a place etc. etc. except that I had chosen another civilization, so when I started the game, I didn't see the castes, alright, I thought they appear later, but it didn't happened too. May it be because of another civilization was chosen, and is there a way to get the castes back, without restarting, in the code files m.b.(I built a lot of crap now and population is around 50-70)?
OFF : Btw, I'm interested in a golem mod, and the question is - is there a way to get a mod which will only add golems to your major mod, without restarting the game and how's called that mod?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:31:15 pm by Sigismunt »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2011, 05:36:57 am »

Okay, for the bug, you are sill controlling dwarves, right? And you didn't fiddle with the raws?
Could you upload the save to File Depot so I can check what's wrong.

For the golem mod, there is no way to add new creatures to the existing world. The only possibility might be to ad the pet and training tags to existing golems as well as modifying the value to be correct, though that may also break the game, haven't tried that.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12