Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Newbie questions :(  (Read 1943 times)

kello

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Newbie questions :(
« on: February 27, 2011, 02:03:57 am »

Hello,
i started playing LCS today it was very fun just some questions i need hellp with
1.how do Sleepers get juice?
2.How do you get easy juice?
3.what weapons the best?
4.how do i level my Sword skills fast
5. How to lose wanted level?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie questions :(
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:23:27 am »

Hello, welcome to the forums kello! Beware of conservative sleepers. I'll answer what I can.

If you don't mind, you can kill people that are easy to kill. Other ways include community service, though that has a very low cap on how much juice it can give you (exactly at 0), so it's only really good for improving negative juice members. There's also disobedience, though there's a good chance that your guy will get beaten by a mob. There's also Graffiti spraying, though you can get caught by the cops while doing so. There's also Hacking, too, but I think that requires computer skill.

3.what weapons the best?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think SMGs are the best overall. However, Rifles (especially AK47s and the M16) are the best per-shot.

Kill LOTS of people, but beware the heat that your guy will accumulate at any safehouse he/she stays at if you murder people with him/her. The best places to kill people are at the Internet Cafe, Juice Bar, Factories, Vegan Co-Op, and Garment makers. A little warning though; the garment maker's security guards carry handguns, and in other places like the internet cafe engineers may also carry guns.

There's no such thing as a "wanted level", but I do believe to loose your wanted status (and thus your heat accumulation) you have to be proven not guilty of the crimes at a court house. Fair warning though; there's no guarantees on wither you'll be convicted guilty or not. And the price for stuff like murder is... well... death. If your liberal gets sent to death, you'll have to break them out of prison or they'll die and their recruiter (or maybe your LCS founder? Not sure) will loose a lot of juice.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:34:04 am »

1.how do Sleepers get juice?

Do risky things like Embezzling Funds or Stealing Equipment. They max out at 100 Juice.

Liberal Disobedience raises Juice up to 40, spraypainting raises it up to 50. After that, steal things and kill people. I find it prudent to mention that randomly when doing Liberal Disobedience you can get attacked by rednecks. If your Liberal beats them all he gets a free +30 Juice bonus. 

3.what weapons the best?

Matter of preference. Swords can hack off limbs, automatic weapons can instantly kill if they hit the body or head, martial arts are great too, pretty much everything is good if you get a high enough level of it.

Kill conservatives.

Alot of them.

No idea personally, though I once upgraded a Safe House to 90% Secrecy and parked my wanted squad there. Their Heat went down from 21-30% to a permanent 1% as long as they stayed in that building.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 02:15:21 am »

Get arrested, go to trial, and either get declared not guilty or serve your sentence in prison. If you get a death sentence though, you'll have to break the guy out of prison and he'll never be able to clear his record.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 04:29:26 am »

Go to ghetto/slum blocks and kill conservatives there. You do not alert cops (however you alert gangsters) and thus you get no criminal record and you stay "clean". I dislike killing stuff in places like internet cafe because it's an instant TON of crimes attached to your criminal profile, while nobody cares about "ghetto" people.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 05:34:19 pm »

Go to ghetto/slum blocks and kill conservatives there. You do not alert cops (however you alert gangsters) and thus you get no criminal record and you stay "clean". I dislike killing stuff in places like internet cafe because it's an instant TON of crimes attached to your criminal profile, while nobody cares about "ghetto" people.
Wasn't this changed in the latest release so that you do get a criminal record there?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:40:36 pm »

Wasn't this changed in the latest release so that you do get a criminal record there?
Yes. I just went on a killing spree at a crack house and am wanted for murder.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 10:16:01 am »

i want to ask a newbie question. COMPLETELY NOOBY, sorry. how on earth do you recruit people?

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:43:45 am »

i want to ask a newbie question. COMPLETELY NOOBY, sorry. how on earth do you recruit people?

When you encounter someone, [T]alk to them. You'll then have the choice to [A] talk politics with them, if it works, you'll meet up with them later (it's self-explanatory at this point) to find out about their skills, after which you can try to recruit them (takes a few meetings though). Or you can seduce them (self-explanatory as well).

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 02:05:00 pm »

By "easy" i understand without adding crimes to your characters count.

Each item you steal gives 1, this method will allow you to raise juice up to 200.
If you have at least one security, and a decent charisma, this is the prefered way to increase juice, as you will boost security and disguise easily.
Recruit 6 random people that will want to join you for sure, but don't invite them to LCS. Instead keep discussing politics with them (keep them on "hold") this will increase your persuasion. 200 items result in quite some cash to start a business front, so there's another benefit.

By the time you have 200 juice from stealing you'll be able to crack safe combinations, which is counted as "theft" crime, but gives you 50 juice, and if you rob CEO - also lots of cash and evidence. Unless you have some science score, 16 thefts is the best way to get from 200 to 1000 juice with as low crime as possible. The persuasion, security and disguise that you ranked up while stealing will allow you to get away from nearly every situation, as long as you have a valid disguise.

To balance things out : At 1000 juice get a daisho and go on a killing spree.  8)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:07:09 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:41:48 pm »

To balance things out : At 1000 juice get a daisho and go on a killing spree.  8)

Now only if we could stab tanks with our mighty katanas... >.> As in, actually make a hole in them. xD

In any case, the easiest way to make juice is to get a bunch of hippies, get high persuasion and go stealing for a while then go to Judge Hall and start convincing the jury. I like this method because juries don't give away heat or crime unless you prove to suck horribly, there are plenty of high-quality loot, including evidences in Judge hall, and because if you're willing to risk the heat, there's also a cell in which you can free prisoners.

Veton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 09:49:46 am »

No idea personally, though I once upgraded a Safe House to 90% Secrecy and parked my wanted squad there. Their Heat went down from 21-30% to a permanent 1% as long as they stayed in that building.

How do you upgrade a safe house's Secrecy rating? Is it just buying a business front?

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 09:52:44 am »

How do you upgrade a safe house's Secrecy rating? Is it just buying a business front?

Flag also upgrades Secrecy.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 07:10:57 pm »

Yes. I just went on a killing spree at a crack house and am wanted for murder.
Ouch.. That's painful, but reasonable. It was too easy :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 08:55:35 pm »

I've actually played this game for a year or so, but can someone tell me what the use of having points in Religion is?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: [1] 2