Author Topic: Juice  (Read 3079 times)

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
Juice
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:55:34 pm »

OK this is a really simple question. There is a page on the wiki about Juice at http://lcs.wikidot.com/juice and I was wondering if the site actions (like for instance stealing things or tampering with a jury) give you Juice whenever your Juice is below the maximum of 1000, or if they can stop adding to your juice earlier. You see I was stealing things and jury tampering and my Juice stopped going up after it was above 200. I wonder which crimes you have to commit to have Juice keep going up after that. The wiki doesn't actually say anything about that for site actions you do on raids, and it only lists there being some limits for getting juice from activities such as street demonstrations or hacking or doing graffiti murals. I would like to correct any errors with Juice on the wiki page about Juice if possible. Also I would like to know this so I know how to get my Juice all the way up to 1000 without getting my characters killed or in jail for a really really long time (yes I know you can escape if the police raid you, and you can bust someone out of the police station or courthouse jail or even the prison, and of course there is a whole big thing about how trials work, where it is good to have a sleeper lawyer and sleeper judge or if you defend yourself, lots of law skill, heart, intelligence, persuasion... anyway I want to avoid all that and be able to just keep doing petty crime such as theft after I break into places while wearing the proper disguise... I don't want to get in the news or activate the Conservative Crime Squad or be too violent, as I'm much more into covert actions, and there HAS to be a better way to get Juice than just going around killing the Conservatives). So the question is basically, what errors are there on the page http://lcs.wikidot.com/juice especially with regard to caps for how high your juice can get from different things, and what would be a good way I could get some juice once my juice gets up to 200 and the usual methods such as theft no longer work?
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Sundial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Juice
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 12:32:00 am »

The vast majority of nonviolent ways to gain juice are capped at some level or another, and the only uncapped one is bugged and never happens. None of the uncapped ones really suit your purpose, as a result:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »

Oh, I was wondering why my founder who has very high Persuasion and Law skills, as well as very high Heart, Intelligence, and Charisma, does so poorly defending himself in court. His stats for all those attributes and skills are in the mid-teens, like around 14 mostly, so he should have no trouble defending himself in court, especially on minor charges, but always does terribly. Is there a way this bug can be fixed? I have sleeper judges and sleeper lawyers, but the sleeper lawyers suck compared to the Elite Liberal star lawyer who costs $5000. I used to be able to defend myself in court and do way better than the sleeper lawyers, although not always as good as the $5000 all-star lawyer. Oh well. I suppose I'll just have everyone do violence... but I hate having to have my founder do violence... it puts the entire Liberal Crime Squad in jeopardy. But my founder has such good stats compared to anyone I find in the game, so I like trying to max out the founder at 1000 juice. Oh and WTF is with Agents? They can shoot my founder dead in one shot sometimes. And Guard Dogs... do they ignore both disguise and stealth? I need to get past the Guard Dogs... without them noticing me and alarming Conservatives. What are good disguises for the places in the Outskirts, like CEO residence, Intelligence HQ, Prison, etc.? Those places are a lot harder than the places downtown I typically do raids in, where I just need an Expensive Suit or Police Uniform that I can make myself and one of those works in most places.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 04:38:05 pm »

Your self-defense score is assigned to an extraneous variable, so you always end up getting convicted and losing juice for a terrible defense.

Committed fix.

BurningParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »

So it seems that Juice is far tougher to get now than it was about two updates ago. It seems to have been halved and covert actions such as sabotage/cage-freeing give nothing. Oh and stuff like stealing stops at 200. This really seems to limit gameplay options as now I'm going to have to use my founder for violence which I wasn't anticipating. D:

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 05:53:52 pm »

So it seems that Juice is far tougher to get now than it was about two updates ago. It seems to have been halved and covert actions such as sabotage/cage-freeing give nothing. Oh and stuff like stealing stops at 200. This really seems to limit gameplay options as now I'm going to have to use my founder for violence which I wasn't anticipating. D:

If your founder's subordinates outpace your founder in juice, their most dramatic actions will start to grant your founder juice as well.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 08:48:30 am »

Easiest way of getting juice past 200 is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

BurningParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:19:49 am »

Yes, I've discovered that my favorite way is going to the court house and opening the cells then influencing a jury. That's 100 juice. :D
It does tend to close it down though.
(Also works at the police station but there are only cells so you can only get 50 juice)

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 10:27:43 am »

Does this mean the latest LCS has the self-defense bug fixed? Or that it's going to be fixed in the next one? Either way, thanks Jonathan!

I'm thinking, wouldn't it be ridiculously cool if you could get past guard dogs if you had a dog recruited?:D

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 12:53:05 pm »

Does this mean the latest LCS has the self-defense bug fixed? Or that it's going to be fixed in the next one? Either way, thanks Jonathan!

I'm thinking, wouldn't it be ridiculously cool if you could get past guard dogs if you had a dog recruited?:D

It'll be fixed in the next one. And yeah, that would be pretty funny.