Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kinda Clueless  (Read 1325 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Kinda Clueless
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:26:08 pm »

I'm having trouble starting adventure mode. How do I really get started? Right now I can't do anything but wander around.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
Re: Kinda Clueless
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 12:57:52 am »

That's kind of all you do... You can press "k" to talk to people for quests and recruiting, but that's about it.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:25:14 am »

That's kind of all you do... You can press "k" to talk to people for quests and recruiting, but that's about it.

thats not true, you can have a lot of funsicles in torture...adventure mode

example 1. cut off limbs, fingers whatnot of enemies and proceed to bash said enemies with it
           2. wrestle somebody down beside a tree, set the tree on fire and read descriptions of said somebody as fire takes it's effect
           3. hack someones stomach, spill their guts, bite said guts aaaand you guessed it! tear it off, you could also hack said guts, make it sail off in an arc, and proceed to strangle said someone with it

and much...much more

but in terms of an ultimate in-game end goal, there is none, except for the ones you set..whether it be ridding the world of a civilization of elves and shit, or collecting the severed heads of your enemies by species: head of a human, goblin, kobold, troglodyte, etc etc
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:31:39 am by em312s0n »

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 09:43:58 pm »

Yes, you can do all those things, but I'm not so sure that was the question.

First, talk to someone. press k and talk to someone. Ask them about 'service', and they'll usually give you a quest.

Press Q to bring up the quest log, then z to zoom to the location. This will show you where to go.

Press T to travel, and go there. Make sure not to wander alone at night, sleep in towns or castles.

Speaking of castles, recruit soldiers there by asking them to join you. They're often bored and suicidal enough to follow you to their deaths.

When the quest is done, gather any loot that's useful, or decent enough to sell, and go back to a town to report the success.

Head to towns with yellow squares to go to shops and buy/sell things.

Rinse, repeat.

Have FUN.
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 05:12:30 am »

I find that strangling someone with their own guts doesn't work, as they always bleed out from the wound. However, strangling someone with their MOTHER'S guts DOES work.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 10:04:25 pm »

Also do not attempt to find any elves, dwarves or goblins. They are hiding from you fortresses and all, and they are very good at it.

You can also try to find a cave and get lost hopelessly explore the underground. Using legends historical maps or dwarf mode embark can let you find kobold caves. The later only if you enabled caves to be visible before worldgen.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 12:47:46 pm »

Can you use Legends to find those underground artifact shrines or whatever they're called? Most cavern exploration in adventure mode seems like endlessly wandering miles and miles of empty caves.

I can't build a fortress to mine down to a spoiler fortress until my current favorite adventurer gets killed, so that's my best current idea for getting a weapon better than my +iron battle axe+.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 09:12:15 am »

You can mod in a dummy entity tha allows you to play adventure mode as demons and night creatures and other such randomly generated fellows.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 06:45:53 am »

Just awaken that dreaming homicidal maniac inside you and... have FUN!!!
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.