Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oracle of Armok (.19 succession game) (HEY! Someone come and take a turn!)  (Read 2333 times)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

I have seen it!

The oracle of Armok himself is among us!

We must build a temple to Armok, so that he may commune with his oracle, and bring glory to dwarvenkind!

The commandments of Armok are as follows:
  • The Oracle of Armok must be protected. If he dies of violence, you must revert to a previous save. If he is taken by Armok himself (read: old age), one of his children is to become the new Oracle of Armok.
  • The Oracle of Armok is not to perform any labors. That's what followers are for.
  • The Oracle of Armok must be cared for. This means he gets the best rooms.
  • The Oracle of Armok is all-important. Other dwarves exist solely to serve his needs, and must give up their names to show their devotion. (Set NICKNAME_DWARF to REPLACE_ALL in d_init.txt.) They will all live in one communal room, which will have only the necessary furnishings. They will receive no custom titles.
  • The Oracle of Armok hates ghosts gives due to the dead. Any dwarf who dies serving him is to be thrown in a coffin receive a proper burial.
  • The Oracle of Armok is insane completely fine. Every so often he will be controlled by a new individual hear the word of Armok and follow it, which perfectly justifies the abandonment of all previously-held plans. (Turns last until you feel like being done.)

Yeah, we're basically running a cult, here.

Spoiler: Turn list (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:51:39 am by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oracle of Armok (.19 succession game)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:22:42 pm »

The Book of the Oracle, Chapter 1

And lo, the Oracle and his six followers did arrive at the location for their grand temple. And as the Oracle spake, two of them took up the pick and began carving a place for them out of the living earth. And two others took up the axe, and waged holy war against the trees that infested the land. And two further took up the hammer, with which to protect the Oracle from that which sought to destroy him.

And with the living-space carved, the miners did dig ever deeper, for a temple must be built out of stone.

And Armok did smile upon them, and they struck both flux and magnetite ere even spring ended, and they knew it was a reward for their devoutness.

And they did proceed to haul their supplies into the stockpile which they had dug into the earth, and this did take a very long time.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »

I shall guide the oracle.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 08:57:33 pm »

What happens if the Oracle dies of old age?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 08:59:14 pm »

(( If the Oracle dies of old age, I guess one of his children must take up the mantle. ))

With the end of spring came the beginning of summer.

And vile birds did come and steal their supplies, but they endured this trial, for it was the will of Armok.

And they did finally finish moving those supplies that had not been stolen into the storage-space.

And six followers did arrive, to join their cause.

And the miners did dig ever deeper, for they would be best able to make steel from Armok's blessing with magma to heat their forges.

And they found raw adamantine.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:05:21 pm by billybobfred »

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 10:19:38 pm »

And shortly after their discovery of raw adamantine, they did locate the magma sea they sought.

And autumn did arrive.

And they did dig a path to the magma sea, so that they could use it for the glory of Armok and his oracle. And they did dig out a great magma reservoir.

And a Gorlak did attempt to interfere with the magma foundry.

And five more followers did arrive.

And they did locate more raw adamantine.

And they did connect the magma sea to their reservoir.

And a giant cave swallow did get in to the fortress. And it did harm a follower.

And the outpost liaison did arrive. And the fortress did request awesomeite and coke.

And merchants did arrive. And the fortress did trade for food and drink.

And a follower did spend time in the danger room. And he did gain legendary skill in hammering.

And winter did arrive.

(( Um. Totally forgot to mention that I'm using some mods. There's awesomeite, which I linked. There's the higher learning mod. And then there's NoExotic and the Display Case mod. Nothing too big, I hope? ))

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 11:06:39 pm »

And another follower did enter the danger room, and soon became powerful.

And the merchants did leave.

And the outpost liaison did request short swords, and crutches, and many other things.

And the dwarves did toil, for winter is the harshest of the seasons.

And spring did arrive. And the Oracle's disposition changed mightily, as he heard the true word of Armok.

(( And I'm calling that the end of my turn. Save's here. I didn't actually get any temple-building done. I'm working my dorfs to the bone just dealing with the basics. An uneventful winter, though. Some animals starved because I never bothered making a pasture, but nothing really happened except work work work. ))

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 01:38:08 am »

I don't have the time for this now.
Skip my turn.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 01:44:17 am »

must have turn three... but no, I'm too busy right now. give me a couple weeks and I'll take a turn. like turn 5 or something.
What do you think? Yes? No?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 07:31:47 am »

I don't have the time for this now.
Skip my turn.

<.< Okay, but there's nobody after you right now.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oracle of Armok (.19 succession game) (HEY! Someone come and take a turn!)
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 06:08:32 pm »

*pokes topic*

Anyone?

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 11:50:30 pm »

Though, this will be my first succession fort I will takes a turn but, because it's almost 9pm here so I will do it tomorrow. I will see what craziness work I can add on. It would be a shame to see a insane interesting succession game.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 11:53:11 pm »

I'll take the turn after lightforger. I got plenty of time on my hands, this week, at least.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about my lack of updates my internet was down but, I got the save off of a wireless connection. Anyway I got hit with three slave migrant waves two at the same season that boosted the fort pop to 45 with cause a minor booze/food so the Oracle rumbled on about asked for two new plump helmet farms and so it was. Because of the lack of a Dwarf Therapist I spend most of my turn finding jobs for them and the following player needs to continue this. On the bright side the beloved oracle was married. The follower was renamed to consort of the oracle, hopefully they well make many useless wonderful children in case he dies.

As per the insane plans masterful plans of the oracle, the temple was started. In the long term it should be about 15-25 zlevels high and have holes to drop goblins into and watch them explode on the lower part of the building. More workshops were added as well as a new dorm the oracle in the long term should live in the tower. Sadly the traders only bought two pieces of awesomeite they were both smelted on the spot. The elves also came to trade they were spared because of a breeding part of jaguars. Three artifacts were made two prefect rock crystals, and a limestone mug and militia captain named his hammer. Three snatchers came they were all hammered. And so ended the voice in the oracles mad head until he found it once again.

So I hope I did well here is the save. It's just a tad bit after the year three.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got the save. Getting down to work.
Pages: [1] 2