Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weapons expansion (Up dated)  (Read 2178 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapons expansion (Up dated)
« on: February 26, 2011, 07:58:58 am »

the aim for this expansion is not to add a huge number of guns but a small number of weapons each with there up and downs,so there is no super gun.

Weapons in game:

throwing knifes/shurikens
Nunchucks
Sawn-Off shotguns
Mini Uzi
Uzi
Brass knuckles
Glock 18
Golf Club
Hunting Shotgun
Chainsaw
Hunting Rifle
.22 Pistol

all now at your local arms dealing gangster.

feel free to make Suggestions.

lcs weapon expansion.7z - 25.0 Kb

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:31:51 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:20 am »

ok im thinking of makeing the mp5's mag bigger, 30?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:37:53 am »

Hm, is it possible to allow a gun to use more than one type of ammo?  Perhaps you could then make "long" clips, "dum-dum" rounds (more damage, less accurate), etc.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 04:36:17 am »

Does the game already have Aluminum bats as a weapon?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 05:41:19 pm »

It has baseball bats, a weapon obtained randomly from robbing apartments.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 05:51:53 pm »

We need golf clubs and blackjacks, I say.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:20:30 am »

Hm, is it possible to allow a gun to use more than one type of ammo?  Perhaps you could then make "long" clips, "dum-dum" rounds (more damage, less accurate), etc.
no all the attack data is linked to the weapon bar the number of rounds.
i will see if long mags can be done.

more blunt weapons to the pawn shop?
i.e. baseball bats,golf clubs,tire bars

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 10:35:34 am »

We need kitchen utensils as well, some WWII era weapons for that knack o-.....ZYKLONE MUSTARD GAS!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 04:37:56 am »

If it's possible, I'd say add this weapon as an extremely expensive and rare/illegal shotgun with 4 successive shots (number_attacks), a high accuracy (since when watching a TV show the shotgun barely recoiled at all), and as a downside a clip size of 8.

Also, a Machine pistol of some type would be a nice option for pistol users.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 10:34:48 am »

If I may make my own suggestions for weapons, here they are:

A military 1-man machinegun, a.k.a. SAW - Squad Automatic Weapon. It would fire bigger bursts than even M16 and hold a lot of ammo, be illegal everywhere and possibly require a minimum strength to wield. Only possible to acquire from the military base. For added limit on it's use, it could use the lower of Rifle and Heavy Weapon skill?

Derringer or 'holdout pistol' or even a concealed 'spy' pistol. Weaker even than .38, illegal as far as purchase goes but you can carry it anywhere.

The auto-shotgun could be something CCS would have - it's very like CCS to have tricked-out rare firearms since they probably are 'gun nuts' and have money to spend. Perhaps rare and badass weapons would be something that CCS hardened veterans could at random spawn with?

Chainsaw. Cause you know... uses swords skill, deadly, limited uses since it uses fuel.

A sporting pistol or rifle that would be 1-shot only and require reloading afterwards would make sense for high gun-control levels of law.

Stun-gas or other self-defense stuff would be good - the way of implementing it would be that it can't take the target lower than 'badly wounded' level and there's never bleeding.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 01:34:10 pm »

ok, tests show that guns can use more that one ammo type, but need an attack to go with the ammo
so this means that long mags and diffent ammo types can be made.

Svirfneblim, we do have a M249 Machine Gun.
a concealed pistol hits the fract the you can hide the .44 under most outfits.

The auto-shotgun fit the CCS down to the ground so i will try to add one.
Chainsaw, why not?

sporting weapons is not a bad idea so i will try makeing some.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 10:10:56 am »

We have a machine gun...??? Okay, back to playing, gonna get some:D

Right about pistols too, I kind of assumed those would become illegal in public once gun laws change.

As for other weapons, do you think that it would be possible to tag some weapons as more effective when used by the 'supporting' characters in sieges? As in, they're better if the shooter is hanging out in the back, unbothered, able to snipe or whatever. That way there could be scoped rifles and/or bipod machine guns?

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons expansion (Up dated)
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:15:15 am »

howzabout some hunting rifles, high on damage and accuracy, but a pain in the ass to reload, and small clips?
EDIT: The P90! like the MP5, but better in close combat. and with different ammo. plus, it's inaccurate outside buildings. or just make something like MP-5, but concealable under normal clothing or something.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:56:19 am by kerlc »

jerank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 04:37:47 pm »

The P90 is an absolutely awesome weapon! It uses 5.7x28mm rounds that are excellent against body armor. It also has a huge 50-round magazine and is very concealable. I'd also consider it the only automatic weapon in the world that you can fire akimbo-style and still be capable of hitting something with.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 02:32:33 pm »

up dated with the P90 and weapons shifted to shops.

Pages: [1] 2