Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: THIS IS (insert place name)!!  (Read 8247 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS (insert place name)!!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 02:49:51 am »

For this is Bay12, the upper class of the internet.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 02:50:17 am »

Dear GamerKnight,

Please accept my request to be allowed to partake in this thread. All the cool kids were doing it and I am beginning to feel left out. In return, I will post a single (1.0 units) image of a place that is stupid as desired in the OP.

Your friend,
Retro

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 02:50:50 am »

Quote from: Some Guy
For this is Bay12, the upper class of the internet.

No, its actually a massive hole, and threads like this only make it worse.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 02:53:23 am »

GamerKnight: You really, really need to chill. Step back from the computer for a few minutes before posting something mad if you need to, but you can't flip out on everybody at the slightest provocation.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 02:54:21 am »

Getting angry isn't going to help you with your arguments, distance yourself, and then think about the whole situation.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 02:56:05 am »

Myself, I really like reading threads like this one. The emergent, oft-misguided, self-moderating behaviour is pleasant to the eye.
And since I rarely ever post in these, I can easily use doublespeak on myself, and feel both smugly elitist for agreeing with the thread-bashers, and stoicaly liberal for agreeing with the thread's author.
How oddly marvelous.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 03:01:41 am »

This thread has revolutionised the paradigm, but we're going to have to touch base later on this revolutionary new....You know what? I can't even be bothered mocking that. I don't even know what the hell you were trying to say there. Its just that incomprehensible.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 03:03:27 am »

I have the right to demand that Retro stay away from a thread I created if him posting on it ends with this.

I don't want to get angry. I don't want an arguement. This is why I'm asking Retro to leave. We've all been through this before. We know where it will end up. Do we need to do this again?
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 03:05:06 am »

I have the right to demand that Retro stay away from a thread I created if him posting on it ends with this.

You have no right to block somebody from your thread, regardless of how little control you have over yourself.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 03:05:14 am »

I don't want to get angry. I don't want an arguement. This is why I'm asking Retro to leave. We've all been through this before. We know where it will end up. Do we need to do this again?

Dude, it ends with this because you let it get to you and flip out disproportionately. It's also not fair to try to force someone else out of a thread, even one you created. We don't need people literally getting shunned here.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2011, 03:05:22 am »

This thread has revolutionised the paradigm, but we're going to have to touch base later on this revolutionary new....You know what? I can't even be bothered mocking that. I don't even know what the hell you were trying to say there. Its just that incomprehensible.

It's actually pretty hilarious. I dunno what's so incomprehensible about it.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 03:06:40 am »

Well the way that you are going at it... And you don't. If we are at school, and Retro takes a seat you once sat in, you can't say that the seat is yours. You just started a thread, you don't own it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 03:08:51 am »

Dude, it ends with this because you let it get to you and flip out disproportionately. It's also not fair to try to force someone else out of a thread, even one you created. We don't need people literally getting shunned here.

You know what, fuck it. I'm leaving. I'll be back in around five hours. Plus, if Retro makes a thread, then I won't post on it. I want nothing to do with him. Him ignoring my threads would make that a lot easier.

Well the way that you are going at it... And you don't. If we are at school, and Retro takes a seat you once sat in, you can't say that the seat is yours. You just started a thread, you don't own it.

Scarily enough, I do have a seat at school. No-one else sits in it. But, goodbye.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 03:09:46 am »

No please, continue making an ass of yourself. Its fun to watch.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 03:12:13 am »

No please, continue making an ass of yourself. Its fun to watch.

While I wouldn't have worded it quite so indelicately, I get a sick, perverse fun in watching people have needlessly dramatic breakdowns, and we don't have too many people here who tend to do that, so even if it sounds like trolling, Retro's last response was pure gold and this thread is hilarious. Please continue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11