Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: THIS IS (insert place name)!!  (Read 8213 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS (insert place name)!!
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:25 pm »

Guys, tone down the anger/assholeness a little bit. Yeah, gamer is being angry (and ridiculous), but no need to be assholes to him about it, just ignore his RAGE.
Gamer, you should probably close this thread, the purpose is gone (no one is bothering to post any THIS IS videos/pictures anymore), and the whole thread just consists of you getting pissed and other people insulting you.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2011, 08:14:02 pm »

Gamer, just lock this thread and stop posting for a few days. Try to see how the community interacts in its usual state. Try to emulate that in your own posts :)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2011, 08:15:11 pm »

The Bay 12 forums (ESPECIALLY General Discussion and Forum Games & Roleplaying) aren't the best place to learn good conduct, in all honesty.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2011, 08:18:24 pm »

Gamer, just lock this thread and stop posting for a few days. Try to see how the community interacts in its usual state. Try to emulate that in your own posts :)

Soooo... Conform. I don't think so. And Anticheese, normal people do not insult me. That is because I am civil and polite to them, which is because they don't insult me. If you lot want me to be rational, then you need to take a look at yourselves. The only difference between me and you is that I let the emotion out.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2011, 08:20:31 pm »

Soooo... Conform. I don't think so. And Anticheese, normal people do not insult me. That is because I am civil and polite to them, which is because they don't insult me. If you lot want me to be rational, then you need to take a look at yourselves. The only difference between me and you is that I let the emotion out.
Pfffff Conform, you don't lose anything and people like you more, and you are calling us not normal... Ha. Civil and polite.. And no. You just rant and get angry for no reason.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2011, 08:20:56 pm »

The Bay 12 forums (ESPECIALLY General Discussion and Forum Games & Roleplaying) aren't the best place to learn good conduct, in all honesty.

Ah yes, the runescape forums. The nursery for young internet users to learn propper conduct and habits.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2011, 08:21:53 pm »

Except for the rare thread where someone discovers something awesome and everyone agrees oh who am I kidding every train is blown off its tracks by a team of specialized terrorists around here

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2011, 08:22:11 pm »

Dude, you tantrum and insult people and act generally inappropriate whenever someone so much as looks at you the wrong way (or the forum action analogous to that). Whatever civility or politeness you have seems to go completely out the window once someone says something about you that you don't like.

Also: Even if other people are being immature, it's hardly mature to act that way in return, especially when you amplify it so much.

Also also: I agree that GD and FG&RP are probably not the place to learn how to engage in mature, civil conversation.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2011, 08:22:46 pm »

Isn't true, really.  Some people say this thread is bad and then you respond by saying you hate them, death threats etc.  Isn't really appropriate.

Being chill and not taking everything seriously is the best way to deal with it really.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2011, 08:23:01 pm »

So basically you have no idea of how to control your own rage outbursts, and you consider this a sign of your enlightenment and rationality. Herp derp.

Protip - knowing that it's not appropriate or acceptable to say everything that comes into your mind is a sign of good sense and maturity.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2011, 08:23:20 pm »

Soooo... Conform. I don't think so.

Conformity isn't all bad you know. For example, you're conforming to the rules of English syntax and spelling so you can get your message across. That doesn't make you inferior. Or a "sheep." It means that you understand sometimes you have to make exceptions in your behavior to socialize effectively. We all conform much more often than not.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2011, 08:23:52 pm »

Right. And all this has nothing to do with you lot deliberately trying to provoke me for your own amusement.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2011, 08:24:10 pm »

Gamerknight, no, the difference is we don't let ourselves become angry over things posted by people who we'll most likely never meet. This is the Internet. 99.99% of the time, it doesn't mean anything, so you need to stop getting so mad about it. Getting mad about it just makes people push your buttons :)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:01 pm »

So basically you have no idea of how to control your own rage outbursts, and you consider this a sign of your enlightenment and rationality. Herp derp.

Protip - knowing that it's not appropriate or acceptable to say everything that comes into your mind is a sign of good sense and maturity.
I doubt he knows any normal people, or anyone outside his internet basement, to insult him in the first place.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:21 pm »

Right. And all this has nothing to do with you lot deliberately trying to provoke me for your own amusement.

Oh my God what.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11