Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor too small?  (Read 9191 times)

forke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Armor too small?
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:15:01 pm »

I came across my Artifact Breastplate from Fortress mode but I can't equip it because it says "small" on it.
Why?

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armor too small?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:26:35 pm »

its because youre probably using a human character or something as big since the armor was originally from fortress mode they were made to fit dorfs you could either just sell it or make another char this time a dwarf
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:17:56 pm by em312s0n »

Rallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:55:51 pm »

What em said. Dwarfs, Goblins, and Kobolds all wear armor (and clothes) that has the "small" tag. Humans wear armor (and clothes) that has the "large" tag.

And just be glad you aren't playing an older version. Back in the day there was also a "narrow" tag for Goblin gear, so the equipment for Dwarfs, Goblins, and Humans was all mutually exclusive.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »

What em said. Dwarfs, Goblins, and Kobolds all wear armor (and clothes) that has the "small" tag. Humans wear armor (and clothes) that has the "large" tag.

And just be glad you aren't playing an older version. Back in the day there was also a "narrow" tag for Goblin gear, so the equipment for Dwarfs, Goblins, and Humans was all mutually exclusive.

This isn't quite right.  Equipment all has its size recorded.  Anything that's too small will be "small", and anything that's too big will be "large".  This means that a "leather cap" from a human adventurer becomes a "large leather cap" if you come back with a dwarf.

The three main sizes at the moment (in unmodded games) are human, goblin/elf/dwarf, and kobold.

forke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 12:01:54 am »

Is there a way I could edit something to make all sizes the same? So Dwarves could wear human armor and Humans could wear Dwarven armor?

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 12:07:53 am »

Is there a way I could edit something to make all sizes the same? So Dwarves could wear human armor and Humans could wear Dwarven armor?

Maybe you could go into the creature_standard.txt raw file and edit them all to be the same size?  I don't have much experience, if this doesn't work ask the modding forum.

forke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 12:48:48 am »

Alright thanks for the help you guys.

Urist McBusDriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 04:50:16 pm »

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Elves and dwarves are the same size???
Of course, since he doesn't actually walk around counting things, we can only assume that bookkeeping time is spent in deep meditation, psychically sensing exactly how many piles of orthoclase there are. It takes a while to hone a skill like that.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 06:54:53 pm »

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Elves and dwarves are the same size???

This.  I thought elves were skinny human size. o_O

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 09:34:30 pm »

This isn't quite right.  Equipment all has its size recorded.  Anything that's too small will be "small", and anything that's too big will be "large".  This means that a "leather cap" from a human adventurer becomes a "large leather cap" if you come back with a dwarf.

The three main sizes at the moment (in unmodded games) are human, goblin/elf/dwarf, and kobold.
Wait, what about the Narrow tag, does that not exist anymore?

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 02:11:52 pm »

Wait, what about the Narrow tag, does that not exist anymore?

It doesn't exist.  Elves, dwarves, and goblins can all use each others' armor, while humans and kobolds are limited to their own species's armor.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:54 pm »

I'd always throught it's because elves are tall, but probably weigh less then your average human or dwarf nontheless.