Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventure bloodline game.  (Read 2606 times)

b_boy_212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure bloodline game.
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:19:18 pm »

I got an Idea for an adventure bloodline game today and was wondering if anyone was interested. The basic Idea is we try to see how long we can keep one person alive and when we think he cant go on any longer we retire him and post up his legends log right here. So if you are interested just post here with what you think his/her skills (s/he will be a hero not a demigod) should be and what race it should be. we will be using a version of maydays green tileset that I modded so your race options are: human, elf, dwarf, minotaur, any of the animal people, goblin, kobold, and bronze colossus.

*edit also state in your post if we should set up a personality and stick to it or not

Ok looks like dwarf is what people want most which means Ill start as a dwarf peasant and we can try to work our way up to a great hero! Ill start right now just post next and I'll pm you a link with the download when I'm done. *edit peasants are pitiful we will start as a hero.
*edit ya know what I fail at starting adventurers. who wants to start> make sure you use maydays green tileset.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:41:57 pm by b_boy_212 »
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

b_boy_212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure bloodline game.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 04:19:32 pm »

Don't worry You don't have to write anything if you don't want to just take the save for a couple days then pass it on. Please someone post.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 04:24:29 pm »

Just wait. People will come eventually if they will come at all. The idea of a succession game for adventure mode is interesting. However, your idea for the implementation wouldn't work, as death in adventure mode is unexpected. Perhaps a one day time limit before passing off the save?
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

b_boy_212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 05:14:41 pm »

sorry I guess I was not clear about it. One day is exactly what I had in mind. If people join we will have the most awsomly crippled adventurer in no time.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:27:53 pm »

sorry I guess I was not clear about it. One day is exactly what I had in mind. If people join we will have the most awsomly crippled adventurer in no time.

or the most quick dead one ...

b_boy_212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 05:40:10 pm »

ya thats more likly to happen perhaps I should make a rule not to TRY to get yourself killed

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 06:38:18 pm »

I WANNA BE A CAVE-SWALLOW-MAN!

Edit: Oh, and on personality, he should be over confident and think he'd be a great adventurer, but like all others, eventully he is dismember to a puddle.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:41:58 pm by UristMcDwarf »

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 07:35:53 pm »

Not sure how to do these, but Im in anyway. I will battle gators with my teeth!

I vote dwarf, but that's only because they are the greatest species there ever was.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »

I vote dwarf, but that's only because they are the greatest species there ever was.

I suggest dwarf too, since martial trances are good for getting you out of a tight spot.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 08:00:22 pm »

I suggest dwarf too, since martial trances are good for getting you out of a tight spot.

BUT CAVE SWALLOW MEN CAN FLLLLYYYY

b_boy_212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 08:21:03 pm »

well actually when you play as cave swallow man you cant fly sorry. So you guys want dwarf? I put a list here so you can chose better: of course there is elves, humans, and dwarfs and then I added: goblins, kobolds, gremlins, giants, minotaurs, cyclopes, trolls, ogres, dragons, bronze colossi, amphibian man, reptile man, serpent man, bat man, ant man, cave swallow man, and cave fish man. There is your choice.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 08:23:05 pm »

well actually when you play as cave swallow man you cant fly sorry. So you guys want dwarf? I put a list here so you can chose better: of course there is elves, humans, and dwarfs and then I added: goblins, kobolds, gremlins, giants, minotaurs, cyclopes, trolls, ogres, dragons, bronze colossi, amphibian man, reptile man, serpent man, bat man, ant man, cave swallow man, and cave fish man. There is your choice.

Are you sure you can't?

either way, what's this mod?

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 08:48:08 pm »

Just don't forget to make a new topic in the community games section when you actually start. And PM me if you don't mind cause I want in ;)
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 09:42:05 pm »

how about if savescumming was allowed but only limited like once or twice? but it might diminish the pride you get when you actually get it to survive from 3 hand-downs.

martys1103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 01:23:57 pm »

...of course there is elves, humans, and dwarfs and then I added: goblins, kobolds, gremlins, giants, minotaurs, cyclopes, trolls, ogres, dragons, bronze colossi, amphibian man, reptile man, serpent man, bat man, ant man, cave swallow man, and cave fish man...
I choose that one.
Pages: [1] 2