Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112479 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]
« Reply #765 on: March 25, 2011, 11:34:14 pm »

and I just realized. This is exactly what happened to
me in Begginners Mafia XX. I make it to the last day and
then when facing down one of the mafia I manage to
get myself lynched and Mafia wins...

I would be interested in another game.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 25, 2011, 11:39:26 pm »

I thought it ended up a pretty good game, overall.  Jim very narrowly avoided a lynch, and Org yet again got away with blocking a townie with a town cop result on him.

What did everyone think of the game type?  Is there any interest in another game?

It was good, I liked it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 25, 2011, 11:41:48 pm »

Fun facts:

Of the 13 players, 8 (including the entire scum team) picked random.  I rolled the scum team, then I rerolled the town choices until there was at least one of every class.

The Legacy Weapon was the very first item generated for the common pool.

The Thief action was very interesting D2.  Poor Book got all his items stolen, failed to steal anything, and then got phased.  Janus lost two items and gained another.

When Super fake claimed Priest, the scum team bought it.  Person was right about the pro-town WIFOM.

Hardly anyone took advantage of their class specials (besides the thieves, of which there were four).  Only one person discarded an item (Person N1).  Only one person (Org D3) checked the pool before the Legacy Weapon's existence was revealed, then the whole scumteam and one townie went after it.

Many people asked if they could self-target.  I'm considering a change on this rule- at least for some items.

I forgot Irony's Amulet of Reflection for N1 and N2, but I don't think it made a difference.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:54:20 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #768 on: March 25, 2011, 11:57:20 pm »

I took advantage of my class ability. I kept a scroll like
twice.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 26, 2011, 12:02:18 am »

Look at that.
Good game, guys.
The setup worked.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:04 am »

Bwahaha.

I'm pretty surprised I made it through Day 4. I told Org and Darvi to bus me if they needed to and then I managed to pull a mislynch out of my ass. Being a replacement was an advantage, I'll admit. If I were Book I would have had to answer for his terrible lurking during Days 1 and 2.

As for the gametype itself, I don't really have any particular feelings towards it. I enjoyed the time I played but mostly because I was heroically struggling to avoid getting lynched as scum.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:08:56 am by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2011, 12:22:15 am »

I can't really comment on the game, but I feel very odd knowing I was the only player to actually drop something all game.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2011, 01:18:45 am »

Bah. Well played, scum. Particular props to Jim for his heroic lynch avoidance.

In retrospect, I suppose Book's attempted theft should have been a hint. Org's blocking was a hint, but I was the only one who acknowledged it and died shortly thereafter.

I'm glad I hasted Darvi just for the irony. I'm curious if that was my gut telling me he was scum, not that I should target him.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2011, 04:39:10 am »

Woah. That was awesome. Jim you're the best scum ;p Well played, indeed. At the end of day i was completely sure you was town. But oh well at least i was right with Darvi :) Maybe if i pushed more... Anyway that's first game i played that town was not that far from victory. D4 is the fun thing to read now ;p
As for the game setup, the constantly changing powers are fun to have ,but hard to understand what happened later ;p
Items work well but i'm still not sure what to think about classes - they seem to be more of flavor than use, not that's the bad thing.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 26, 2011, 04:54:33 am »

By the way, the reason I phased book? He was annoying me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 26, 2011, 05:20:23 am »

You weren't right about me Tyb. As I said, I'm a scumbard :P And I wasn't even playing.

Now Rai, backstab Org and Jim!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:22:42 am by Darvi »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 26, 2011, 06:49:14 am »

So, uh, why didn't Jim show up on my N3 PM?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #777 on: March 26, 2011, 10:56:57 am »

I so wish that Org had done the nightkill. Using the Scroll of Hallucination, he had a 50/50 chance of killing one of his scum buddies. And a 1/6 chance of actually targeting himself.

That'd have been amusing.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 26, 2011, 12:40:09 pm »

Funny thing really. The warrior never killed anybody. Well, until it was over that is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 26, 2011, 02:14:02 pm »

I so wish that Org had done the nightkill. Using the Scroll of Hallucination, he had a 50/50 chance of killing one of his scum buddies. And a 1/6 chance of actually targeting himself.

That'd have been amusing.

He got redirected to Darvi, too!  Too bad that was his intended target.

So, uh, why didn't Jim show up on my N3 PM?

IronyOwl had an Amulet of Reflection.  The effect actually triggered on who targeted you- which was only Irony, ironically.  (Hur hur)   I forgot to account for it at first.

Akhier:  Yeah, you got lucky and succeeded two times out of three on a 1/3 chance.  You ended up with the middle result on your Scroll of Danger, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53