Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112442 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Who forgot to return the Book? [Day 3]
« Reply #585 on: March 15, 2011, 02:54:55 pm »

Oh. Then my point isn't moot apparently.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 15, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »

Extension. Man I thought I voted and stuff so long ago.
Geez. Lets reread.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 15, 2011, 03:46:37 pm »

Ya extension. This isn't quite over yet.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 15, 2011, 03:51:08 pm »

X-Tend

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 15, 2011, 06:43:26 pm »

Extension. N2 I burned Ottofar's scrolls. I don't think I need to explain why.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 16, 2011, 12:59:47 am »

Extension. N2 I burned Ottofar's scrolls. I don't think I need to explain why.

You do, actually.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #591 on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:26 am »

Vote Count:

Darvi: Tyberix
Org: IronyOwl
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted: Darvi, Ottofar, Supercharazad
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad: Akhier the Dragon hearted, Jokerman-EXE, JanusTwoface
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:

Not Voting: Org,

Extension granted. Day 3 will last until 11 PM EST on Wednesday, 3/16, ~14 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 16, 2011, 09:55:01 am »

Well fuck, now Book has another excuse to be absent.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 16, 2011, 10:32:48 am »

Darvi: You just confirmed that my vote was well placed,your scumpicks were created from WIFOM speculation rather than facts or observing someone reactions. You also agree that you have not consider two most important facts in my opinion : At least two people claiming have probably lied. If Book isn't scum that's three people. And your accusation of Akhier was based mainly on that,of course unless you got other reasons ? If yes then do you mind if i ask what are they ?

JanusTwoFace: I know it's partially itemfishing so if you don't want to do not answer: Were you targeted N1 ?

Ottofar: What scroll/s you got burned ? Of course assuming something burned.

Akhier: If i got to choose between you at the end of the day and super i would choose you so few questions to get you second chance:
You got delayed N2 after using scroll of oracle, mind telling what was the flavor of your pm ?
Your top pick and reasons.
   I will say though that my current scum theory has Book
being the one that was keeping Super inline and Supers
sudden change in the way he is acting is because the
puppet master is away.
What's the big change you mention ?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 16, 2011, 10:39:09 am »

Self Defense.
I didn't use it, because I doubted the scum would target me with a NK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 16, 2011, 12:16:49 pm »

Dude. You're contradictIng yourself here. First you accuse me of using WIFOM. Nevermind that thinking Book might've been the NK target is way more WIFOMy, you and Akhier are the ones who keep pounding on that. Book has been scummy. That is a fact. If you claim that scum would have targeted him, then you're the one indulging in WIFOM.

Then you tell me I should've considered possibility of a lie. The lying couldn't have been part of anybody's reasoning, because it hasn't come up until recently. I had no reason to assume that anybody lied.
First you accuse me of using WIFOM, then you blame me for not doing so.

Also, how do you come to the conclusion that there must've been two liars? One would be enough for the situation to make sense (either super or Joker, for one).
Unless you know more than you admit...

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #596 on: March 16, 2011, 12:27:43 pm »

@Tyberix: No. Not that I got any indication of. I was targeted by nor 1 but 2 Thieves on Day 2 though, losing both of my previous items though.

Why? Should I have been?

Org, you need to vote. Tyberix and IronyOwl, are your votes really in the most useful places right now? A tie is not helpful.

I still think Supercharazad over Akhier. A question to someone with a more stable Internet connection than mine: will the delayed action occur only if Akhier is still alive or regardless?

If he's alive, we'll know for sure of he did the night kill of there are two tonight.

PFP (and I won't have stable access until tomorrow evening at best)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #597 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »

Akhier: If i got to choose between you at the end of the day and super i would choose you so few questions to get you second chance:
You got delayed N2 after using scroll of oracle, mind telling what was the flavor of your pm ?
Your top pick and reasons.
   I will say though that my current scum theory has Book
being the one that was keeping Super inline and Supers
sudden change in the way he is acting is because the
puppet master is away.
What's the big change you mention ?
You recite the words on the Oracle Scroll.  You suddenly can’t move!  You’re stuck that way until morning.

and that was all I had read so I thought it was just a null answer and did not read on further except noting that it mentioned that I did not use the scroll up. If I had been paying attention and read further I probably would have noticed that it goes on to say

Nothing happens... for now.  At least your magical expertise kept you from using up the scroll.

The "for now" should have tipped me off to it being some kind of delay.
   What changed with Super is that he was playing decently well for a good part of the game and all of the sudden he goes off on some weird senseless voting spree. The change coincided with Book disappearing so I connected the two things to mean something.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 16, 2011, 12:45:39 pm »

If an action is delayed, it will occur the next night regardless of the status of the person performing the action.  It will only fail if the target is no longer valid.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 16, 2011, 12:50:55 pm »

Darvi:
Dude. You're contradictIng yourself here. First you accuse me of using WIFOM. Nevermind that thinking Book might've been the NK target is way more WIFOMy, you and Akhier are the ones who keep pounding on that. Book has been scummy. That is a fact. If you claim that scum would have targeted him, then you're the one indulging in WIFOM. Mind pointing where i insist that Book was NK target ,please. And if you find NOT clinging to one particular case of possible night events then yes,i indulge in wifom but i never back my cases up on it.

Then you tell me I should've considered possibility of a lie. The lying couldn't have been part of anybody's reasoning, because it hasn't come up until recently. I had no reason to assume that anybody lied. That's basically saying i don't want to scumhunt.
First you accuse me of using WIFOM, then you blame me for not doing so. (Huh ? I point out that what you done is wifom and it is is double-edged sword.)

Also, how do you come to the conclusion that there must've been two liars? One would be enough for the situation to make sense (either super or Joker, for one). I assume that scum always lies - and if not that means they answer wouldn't change anything so that's not valuable information
Unless you know more than you admit...
But that's you who insist on Book/Akhier focus. Anyone else caught your attention ?

JTF
@Tyberix: No. Not that I got any indication of. I was targeted by nor 1 but 2 Thieves on Day 2 though, losing both of my previous items though.

Why? Should I have been?

Org, you need to vote. Tyberix and IronyOwl, are your votes really in the most useful places right now? A tie is not helpful.
I think it won't hurt if i claim my N1 action : I swapped you and Jokerman using Scroll of Swapping. I assumed that you were the biggest blank spots on my scum-map so maybe i can get more info from that. But it seems nothing weird happened ? That's question to Jokerman too. As for my vote : Yes i see that it's basically wasting it but i could wait a bit more before changing it especially when there's conversation going.

Akhier:That sounds legitimate but you missed my scumpicks question. Also by magical expertise you mean you're mage ?(that's why you don't copy paste pm's ;P)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53