Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112574 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #450 on: March 09, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi: Tyberix
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad: Zrk2, Book
Book: 
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:
Zrk2: Supercharazad, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Darvi, Ottofar, Org, Jokerman-EXE

Not Voting: IronyOwl, JanusTwoface

Day 2 ends 11 PM EST, Wednesday 3/9, in ~6 hours.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Stop the music! [Day 2] [Replacement Requested]
« Reply #451 on: March 09, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »

Oh, 6 hours then.

Friggin' Time Zones >_>

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 09, 2011, 05:38:33 pm »

Zrk2 Who you wanted to roleblock N1 if the wand wasn't stolen ? Do you think it was scum-thief or town-thief that did it ? Your current scumpick right now ?

Supercharazad You seem bit too aggressive over something like that. Especially that zrk2 bit-messy claim is similar to yours...

I had stuff today. Was meaning to post, but yeah.
I'm going to a sports camp over the weekend. Expect only PFP's then.
... goddammit Ottofar. I'd hate to lynch town because they couldn't post, but seriously. You just had the possibility, so why didn't you at least comment on the last few posts or something? Is that so much to ask for?

You know he's town and you want to lynch him for decent reasons instead ?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 09, 2011, 05:40:48 pm »

No, but if he's not gonna post, it hurts town. Either he's scum hiding behind his lurking, or he's town who contributes nothing. Also, blatant failure to deliver.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 09, 2011, 05:43:41 pm »

I know the feeling. Darvi, how about giving us your thoughts on my impending lynch and what it will herald when I flip town.

Tyberix, I don't know, I wasn't very set on my reads on anyone, so I probably would have saved it for when my scumpicks were more solid. At the moment, Ottofar has been quiet, and he has some experience so I'd probably block him for borderline lurking.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 09, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »

Well, if you flip town, then your opinions wouldn't help a lot probably. Since, you know, even town can be wrong.
But if you're scum, then it helps us determine who is more likely to be scum or town (of course, we would have to take that with a grain of salt. But then again wine with salt would probably taste bad xP.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 09, 2011, 05:56:17 pm »

Well yes, just keep in mind who has taken what side on my lynch. Care to unvote?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 09, 2011, 05:58:50 pm »

Not really. You trying to weasel yourself out of the noose?

But I'm not gonna waste this opportunity for more information, so I'd be grateful if you told us what you thin. Unless of course you're scum and don't want to give away your scumbuds.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 09, 2011, 06:38:44 pm »

Not really. You trying to weasel yourself out of the noose?

Well, yes. I'm a townie, I know that, lynching me won't help the town, now will it?

What do I think? Well, Janus was defending me from a bandwagon, despite my honestly terrible prior behaviour. Super should probably be the next to go, he has played truly terribly.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #459 on: March 09, 2011, 09:03:37 pm »

What do I think? Well, Janus was defending me from a bandwagon, despite my honestly terrible prior behaviour. Super should probably be the next to go, he has played truly terribly.
Terrible play isn't necessarily scummy. Why would you want Super lynched for the same thing you see yourself as being lynched for?

The real question is (slightly OOC), do you know what to do to avoid getting lynched for the same thing in the future? Because that's the real lesson.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 09, 2011, 09:07:27 pm »

Yes, make sure I have reasons for voting, and make sure I remember them. That, and use a notepad or something when rereading the thread to avoid mixups.

As to why would I want super lynched for that. Well, it's better to lynch someone totally useless and possibly scum instead of someone useful and possibly scum. A useless townie is a bit of a wash to me, so long as the scum are found in the end.

So, good luck town.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 09, 2011, 10:06:22 pm »

So. Day ends in an hour.

I feel the need to parrot Janus on two counts:

Zrk2: Supercharazad, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Darvi, Ottofar, Org, Jokerman-EXE
This many votes makes me think that he's not likely scum. Or being bussed, but that's not terribly helpful with so many people voting...
Tyberix: Town (due to my investigating, misfiring wand of goddamn cantrips)
Supercharazard: Town (because I saw my role PM)
This is a bit too convenient. But at least if you flip scum, we have good reason to be suspicious of him.
Do you think he'd actually have made this up? Particularly making up and keeping up the apparant act of having no clue what the itea he found actually does?
Super not even knowing what item he's claiming gave him an inspect result has got to be either truthful or a cunning gambit, and you generally don't pull cunning gambits with people you're unsure of.

Bandwagons of this magnitude also generally don't form on scum for "general scumminess" like Zrk2's been pulling. If this had happened after the wand/scroll/claim incident, it'd be more understandable, but as it stands I sort of doubt it.

That said, Zrk2, are you claiming you took no action last night? I would tend to think being stolen from would encourage you to spend your current gains quickly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #462 on: March 09, 2011, 11:01:04 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi: Tyberix
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad: Zrk2, Book
Book: 
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:

Not Voting: IronyOwl, JanusTwoface

By the time it is night, it is fairly clear that Zrk2 is the one to go today.  Someone has found some rope, so you go with the old standard of hanging.  He protests his innocence all the way until the end, but a quick drop silences him forever.

Examining his pack, you find weapon polish and memorabilia from a life as a warrior in the pits.  Nothing he has indicates any evil connections, and it appears he was innocent as well!

It is late, so everyone finds somewhere to bunker down for the night.  You’ll have to do better in the morning...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - A Fallen Warrior [Night 2] [Replacement Requested]
« Reply #463 on: March 10, 2011, 11:01:15 pm »

You gather again in the central cave.  Doing a head count, it seems that Book is not here today.  You fan out to search for him.

However, after twenty minutes of searching, you all head back to the cave- there’s no sign of him at all!  No possessions of his are seen either, and it’s too risky to run- it is a mystery.

You’ll just have to go on without him today.  At least there are no corpses, right?

Day 3 has begun!

Day 3 will last until 11 PM EST on Tuesday, 3/15

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Who forgot to return the Book? [Day 3]
« Reply #464 on: March 10, 2011, 11:09:21 pm »

I'm guessing
Quote from: Scroll of Phasing
The target is blocked and vanishes from the game tonight, and reappears at the end of the following day.  All other actions on this target fail.

We'll see for sure when he shows back up if no one claims it.

Since that would probably Redirection or Block, that'd put it at the beginning of the order. If he happened to be scum and the one killing for the night that would explain the lack of night kill.

I have another possibility, but I'm waiting for clarification on a few things from Toaster for that and then possibly a claim from another player. I'll let you know.

Does anyone else have a way to explain the lack of kill?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53