Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112507 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Stop the music! [Day 2]
« Reply #390 on: March 07, 2011, 03:36:03 pm »

Ok, book. He was awfully absent during day one. I even FoSed him for it because of it. But.you would know that if you had read the thread.
He did post at the end of day 1, but I'm not sure if that makes him any less suspect.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #391 on: March 07, 2011, 03:53:47 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi: Tyberix
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad: Zrk2, Jokerman-EXE
Book: 
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:
Zrk2: Supercharazad, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Darvi, Ottofar

Not Voting: JanusTwoface, Book, IronyOwl, Org

Day 2 ends 11 PM EST, Wednesday 3/9.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 07, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »

Super. Why haven't we killed him already?

Because I'm town.

Jokerman: Why are you voting me without reason?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 07, 2011, 04:05:47 pm »

Because I'm town.

OMGUS, just sayin'
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 07, 2011, 04:40:45 pm »

Because I'm town.

OMGUS, just sayin'

How is it an OMGUS? I FoS'd him ecause he acted scummy, by random voting.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2011, 05:10:10 pm »

Because I'm town.

OMGUS, just sayin'

Yeah Zrk how is that an OMGUS?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2011, 05:44:50 pm »

Because I'm town.

OMGUS, just sayin'

Calling someone out for voting for you without any reason other than 'you voted for me' seems an awful lot like an OMGUS to me.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 07, 2011, 06:53:56 pm »

Because I'm town.

OMGUS, just sayin'

Calling someone out for voting for you without any reason other than 'you voted for me' seems an awful lot like an OMGUS to me.
No. He never voted him, only asking why he was even being voted.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 07, 2011, 07:55:48 pm »

All of these are directed at me, in some way or another. Why? "because he seems flaky" is not a reason.
Book: I am undecided, but I have a feeling he is scum. (As explained before, I have a feeling about him)
So, Super, lack of reasons are good enough for you to suspect me, but not good enough for him to suspect you?

Tyberix: Town (due to my investigating, misfiring wand of goddamn cantrips)
Supercharazard: Town (because I saw my role PM)
This is a bit too convenient. But at least if you flip scum, we have good reason to be suspicious of him.

Because I'm town. Jokerman: Why are you voting me without reason?
OMGUS, just sayin'
((Heh, quote pyramids are fun.)) No, Org, it is an OMGUS even if it's just a FoS instead of a vote. The "scumtell" part of the OMGUS is the immediate reaction of attacking someone just because they attacked you without further reason (implying that they must be scum for questioning your towniehood alone), not whether it's painted red or blue. You know this, so why are you defending Super?

My picks so far:
Supercharazad: Seems scummier D2 than he did D1. His "townie" results on Tyberix seems suspect, plus his inconsistency about when are reasons needed, and his OMGUS on Jokerman, are added to his generally erratic behaviour. Super: other than "because I'm town, and I know I'm town because I saw my PM", do you have any reasons for which we should believe you honestly suspect Jokerman, instead of it being an OMGUS, or for the trustworthiness of your "inspection" result? What are your reads on IronyOwl and Akhier?

Zrk2: Same reasons as D1; he has answered some, but I don't find him convincing. Janus: you were concerned about a wagon on Zrk2 D1, and advocated a Saint lynch instead. Saint flipped town. How do you feel about this? Do you think you were misguided about interceding for Zrk2 yesterday? How about the wagon forming around him today?

Ottofar: lurky and laconical. Has seemed Orgier than Org lately, and was quick to jump on the bandwagon. Ottofar: Please give your reads on Janus, Jokerman & Darvi.

Org, although he seems more coherent than usual, I'm uncertain; at least he's not being silent-Org (which often means scum-Org), but his interceding for Super is suspicious.

IronyOwl and Akhier dropped the useless fight from D1. While I'm glad of it (it was not that useful), I now wonder whether it was staged misdirection. I guess we'll see. At least Akhier was somewhat absolved from his buddy-seeming behaviour towards Saint, since he flipped town. Both: Current scumpicks, read of the other, and you take on a final verdict over yesterday's disagreement would be welcome.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 07, 2011, 07:59:14 pm »

Whaaaaaaat. Im pretty sure when anyopne says something stupid its good to go and vote them especially when they do something stupid like this I mean I really just dont have any idea at all of what Zrk is getting at. No, Book, it is not an OMGUS.
As I have stated, I dont as of now, think that Super is scum, just a noob. Joker's reasoning, oh wait he doesn't have any. This is like, his second game or something? I don't see really how this is right.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #400 on: March 07, 2011, 08:50:09 pm »

My questing got me a wand of cantrips, I fired it at Zrk2, it misfired, hit Tyberix and appearantly, he's town.
Did you actually look up what your Wand of Cantrips works?

----
Why so bashful about an inspect result?
It strikes me a bit too careless to shoot random people with random effect, especially if his priest claim was honest...
... shoot *random* people... So what does the Priest claim have to do with anything? Particularly when a Priest isn't necessarily the best role out there. For scum, you could protect your scumbuddy, but for town you have to guess who the scum will target. An inspection role, item in this case, is (in general) much stronger.

You're being too quiet. You replaced in and barely had anything to see, now all you have is a single line. Why is that?

Janus: you were concerned about a wagon on Zrk2 D1, and advocated a Saint lynch instead. Saint flipped town. How do you feel about this? Do you think you were misguided about interceding for Zrk2 yesterday? How about the wagon forming around him today?
Like we just lynched town. Unfortunate, but I still think it was a worthwhile lynch.

So far as interceding, I don't really think that's what I did. Did I actually change anyone's mind about who to vote with that post? And I always think that bandwagons are suspicious after getting a few unwarrented giant ones formed against me. Again the most suspicious part of the wagon was how close all the votes / FoS's / mentions all came together.

For the most part, I still don't think that he's scum. Call it a gut feeling, but there it is.

blah blah quote tower
For one, OMGUS is an overused 'scumtell.' Doesn't necessarily mean anything. For two, it's entirely possible that an OMGUS can be justified. For example when you get a one line attack. Particularly of that sort.

This is a bit too convenient. But at least if you flip scum, we have good reason to be suspicious of him.
Do you think he'd actually have made this up? Particularly making up and keeping up the apparant act of having no clue what the itea he found actually does?

JanusTwoFace: Simple question : your scumpicks or suspects ?

Book - Far quieter than he normally is. It's gotten to the point of being suspicious, and I think he's getting away with it.

Jokerman-EXE - Replaced in, then this post. Fine post Day 1 (if a bit leading), but for Day 2? Not so much.

Akhier - Opened the game with that craziness with IronyOwl. I think that IronyOwl had the right of it and Akhier was pushing a lynch for lynches sake.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2011, 02:44:26 am »

All of these are directed at me, in some way or another. Why? "because he seems flaky" is not a reason.
Book: I am undecided, but I have a feeling he is scum. (As explained before, I have a feeling about him)
So, Super, lack of reasons are good enough for you to suspect me, but not good enough for him to suspect you?

Because I'm town. Jokerman: Why are you voting me without reason?
OMGUS, just sayin'
((Heh, quote pyramids are fun.)) No, Org, it is an OMGUS even if it's just a FoS instead of a vote. The "scumtell" part of the OMGUS is the immediate reaction of attacking someone just because they attacked you without further reason (implying that they must be scum for questioning your towniehood alone), not whether it's painted red or blue. You know this, so why are you defending Super?

My picks so far:
Supercharazad: Seems scummier D2 than he did D1. His "townie" results on Tyberix seems suspect, plus his inconsistency about when are reasons needed, and his OMGUS on Jokerman, are added to his generally erratic behaviour. Super: other than "because I'm town, and I know I'm town because I saw my PM", do you have any reasons for which we should believe you honestly suspect Jokerman, instead of it being an OMGUS, or for the trustworthiness of your "inspection" result? What are your reads on IronyOwl and Akhier?

Zrk2: Same reasons as D1; he has answered some, but I don't find him convincing. Janus: you were concerned about a wagon on Zrk2 D1, and advocated a Saint lynch instead. Saint flipped town. How do you feel about this? Do you think you were misguided about interceding for Zrk2 yesterday? How about the wagon forming around him today?

Ottofar: lurky and laconical. Has seemed Orgier than Org lately, and was quick to jump on the bandwagon. Ottofar: Please give your reads on Janus, Jokerman & Darvi.

Org, although he seems more coherent than usual, I'm uncertain; at least he's not being silent-Org (which often means scum-Org), but his interceding for Super is suspicious.

IronyOwl and Akhier dropped the useless fight from D1. While I'm glad of it (it was not that useful), I now wonder whether it was staged misdirection. I guess we'll see. At least Akhier was somewhat absolved from his buddy-seeming behaviour towards Saint, since he flipped town. Both: Current scumpicks, read of the other, and you take on a final verdict over yesterday's disagreement would be welcome.

This is a sweet chainsaw defense.

I FoSd him to get his attention, so as he would answer my question. That was not OMGUS, in any way.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2011, 04:22:25 am »

Book - Far quieter than he normally is. It's gotten to the point of being suspicious, and I think he's getting away with it.
This again? Dude, a) it was the weekend, and b) I've posted as much as you have D2. Darvi and you have been pointlessly riding my ass about lurking all game. In any case, do with your vote what you want. I will or will not play as often as I choose. Some days I'm busier than others, or I'm more or less in the mood to humour a particular game. I'll post if I feel like it and if I think I have something useful to say.

This is a sweet chainsaw defense. I FoSd him to get his attention, so as he would answer my question. That was not OMGUS, in any way.
Do you even know what the term means? Thank you for quoting a very large post to add a couple of trivial lines that utterly fail to answer the questions posed to you on the very post you quote.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 08, 2011, 05:07:39 am »

blah blah
This is a sweet chainsaw defense.
Maybe i'm blind but who is he defending ?

----
Why so bashful about an inspect result?
It strikes me a bit too careless to shoot random people with random effect, especially if his priest claim was honest...
... shoot *random* people... So what does the Priest claim have to do with anything? Particularly when a Priest isn't necessarily the best role out there. For scum, you could protect your scumbuddy, but for town you have to guess who the scum will target. An inspection role, item in this case, is (in general) much stronger.
Well, maybe it's just me but i wouldn't feel good about shooting random people (and probably with a chance to hit myself) while i have an option to protect someone. Of course firing this wand is most sensible on N1 probably where you don't have much info on people and nearly everybody are suspected.

Zrk2Your thoughts on Darvi and JanusTwoFace ? Do you feel lynching SaintDraze brought you much information ?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 08, 2011, 11:28:49 am »

Soonish. I'd like to point out that I was voting Zrk yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53